• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Canceled my pre-order at the last time. Launch lineup is just too weak; I'll wait to buy it down the road in a few months. First Nintendo system I don't get in launch date. *shrugs*

I asked my wife if I could get a Wii U. She asked is it the new Nintendo handheld(why that matters I don't know....maybe she will let me get a new handheld?). I said no, it's the Wii's replacement. She said "no, you don't play the Wii as it is". I said I would and she said she will believe it when she sees it. End of that conversation.

so play your wii the next few days. problem solved.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Europe post says that the zombiU bundle is the same as premium, but with zombiU add. I think it's ZombiU instead of Nintendoland, not in addition to.

Rootbeer

Banned
Canceled my pre-order at the last time. Launch lineup is just too weak; I'll wait to buy it down the road in a few months. First Nintendo system I don't get in launch date. *shrugs*
I could just as well wait a year too when the game selection gets good, but it really just boils down to me wanting a new cool toy to fool around with. I know I'll get some enjoyment out of the launch games but none of them are must-have for me. I do hope ZombiU has what it takes to win me over bigtime, though.

Wok

But Ninendo rarely decrease the price of its consoles.

Eusis

If Nintendo had a smart, forward thinking account system from the Wii's offset I'd probably be waiting too, but my Wii's GPU is acting up and whatever happens I'd like to move my digital collection to a safe, healthy system. Though I might've just waited for Spring instead, and depending on how things work out for me may well wait until Christmas anyway.

Eusis

Has anything been mentioned when they will start to offer VC games on the eShop?
"Someday", more or less. We just got confirmation they'd do it at all yesterday, let's just hope they let us upgrade for free or at least a minimal cost rather than rebuy our games.

JABEE

I hope Best Buy doesn't do to you what they did to me: do multiple authorizations that overcharged my card (BB in-store card, no less) and then forcefully canceled my preorder.

Edit: Hoping Toys R Us doesn't mess up online orders.

It's still showing up on my status as payment validated. It didn't move on to Preparing Order to Ship. I wish they would give a delivery estimate like Amazon.

sensui-tomo

Two questions!
1) Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper .. any previews or stuff about this?
2) Is that Nano Assault an eShop game?

more or less Warriors orochi 3 hyper is the same version on the consoles With the added 4 characters (2 from the japanese psp title which was some original character and rachel from ninja gaiden) and the 2 for wiiU exclusive which is shenlong(or whatever his name is) and momoji (from ninja gaiden 2 i believe?) its got 2 player support, one player on tv while other is on the gamepad, that duel mode. and last i heard koei didnt know what was up with the dlc if it would show up or not. (i'm a musou nut.. also mad we dont get the Romance of the three kingdoms 12 in english)

Iwata just said in a Nintendo Direct that it will happen eventually. No other details.

Ok, I'm actually just now able to watch that Nintendo Direct, if it's the one from today :) If it was before I missed it.

Would be an excellent surprise to have some soon, but I don't really expect it. Especially some of the GameCube games I missed out on. My current Wii doesn't play GC games :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The lack of interesting online games outside of Call of Cuty is disappointing, and i'm not even interested in Call of Duty for launch day. Mario and ZombiU are more for me and these games have no online gameplay. Sucks, i would have played with some GAF members if they did.

Oh well, guess i will still add people for whatever Miiverse will do until more online games shows up.

I'm all in, and really excited to start building a friends list full of gaffers. Obviously we won't be doing that until we have our names squared away, but I've always really enjoyed the first year of systems I've bought early, and the feeling of community is better to me, before everyone finally falls in place to a single game or genre's community. I am dreading the moment of finding out if the Gamepad works in my bedroom upstairs directly about our living room though. The system is going to be so much more valuable to me if it does... but I'm still not presuming it will.

I do have my deluxe paid off, and a reserve on NSMBU...but I may go with something else depending on what's in stock at my GS. I know I do have AC3 coming from Gamefly at least.

I asked in the other thread, but no one responded. Does anyone know why the Basic 8 GB model has 7.2 GB available (meaning .8 GB used) vs the Deluxe 32 GB model having 29 GB available (meaning 3 GB used)? Why the discrepancy in amount of storage used?

I'm all in, and really excited to start building a friends list full of gaffers. Obviously we won't be doing that until we have our names squared away, but I've always really enjoyed the first year of systems I've bought early, and the feeling of community is better to me, before everyone finally falls in place to a single game or genre's community.

Me too. Especially with the Wii U's unique social features.

Twinduct

more or less Warriors orochi 3 hyper is the same version on the consoles With the added 4 characters (2 from the japanese psp title which was some original character and rachel from ninja gaiden) and the 2 for wiiU exclusive which is shenlong(or whatever his name is) and momoji (from ninja gaiden 2 i believe?) its got 2 player support, one player on tv while other is on the gamepad, that duel mode. and last i heard koei didnt know what was up with the dlc if it would show up or not. (i'm a musou nut.. also mad we dont get the Romance of the three kingdoms 12 in english)

Oh poo, was hoping there was more to it. Thanks for the info.
Will wait for the next DW or Kingdoms.

Tim-E

Paid off my Deluxe and NSMBU on Monday. Bring it on!

Also, I'm glad we have a central thread. Most Nintendo threads on GAF are insufferable.

Eusis

I asked in the other thread, but no one responded. Does anyone know why the Basic 8 GB model has 7.2 GB available (meaning .8 GB used) vs the Deluxe 32 GB model having 29 GB available (meaning 3 GB used)? Why the discrepancy in amount of storage used?
Typical marketting crap, as I understand when they advertise them as 8 GB or 32 GB they're going by, say, a kilobyte = 1000 bytes and so forth, whereas in reality it's measured as a kilobyte = 1024 bytes. Happens all the time with hard drives, flash sticks, etc: ALWAYS expect a little shy of the advertised amount.

If anything the fact half the data's hogged by the OS is what's really alarming.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm all in, and really excited to start building a friends list full of gaffers. Obviously we won't be doing that until we have our names squared away, but I've always really enjoyed the first year of systems I've bought early, and the feeling of community is better to me, before everyone finally falls in place to a single game or genre's community. I am dreading the moment of finding out if the Gamepad works in my bedroom upstairs directly about our living room though. The system is going to be so much more valuable to me if it does... but I'm still not presuming it will.

Same. Assuming no price drop early on, it'll cost you the same to buy one in six months time, so why not jump early and enjoy that six months?

fuck the haters and fuck u EA!

mass1.jpg

mass2.jpg

those smooth round edges :3

launch window be damned

I'd like to get one but I didn't pre-order. I wonder what my chances are of walking into a store and seeing them sitting there. I may go to a Meijer at midnight and see.

None of the EU release titles are interesting to me. Except perhaps ZombiU, however from what I've seen it doesn't look good enough to buy an entire new console.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Got a bunch of launch titles via Amazon already; but I left myself to bestbuy.com's tender mercies re: the hardware. Pray for me...

It is going to be so cheap in a few months.

I'll eat my foot if I can't find it for 15 or less by Spring. Probably under ten by Midsummer.

I'll be too busy playing something else by then. If I don't play it now I doubt I'll ever play it.

Monster Hunter Ultimate
Wonderful 101

too many games

Eusis

Why didn't I get release day shipping.
Because it comes out Sunday.
It is going to be so cheap in a few months.

I'll eat my foot if I can't find it for 15 or less by Spring. Probably under ten by Midsummer.
This is why I'm hesitant with the launch library: NSMBU will hold its value, ZombiU may be good enough (and exclusive enough) to get immediately. Almost everything else, at best, is less than a month late, at worst is over a YEAR late and I likely already own(ed) elsewhere, thus more fitting for a $15 novelty or "damn I still haven't played it" purchase. And given Batman looks to stick with B confirm/A cancel I might be more comfortable playing that on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom