• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
Canceled my pre-order at the last time. Launch lineup is just too weak; I'll wait to buy it down the road in a few months. First Nintendo system I don't get in launch date. *shrugs*

same for me (except that I didn't pre-order). I own all major Nintendo consoles beginning with the NES and I consider myself somewhat of an Nintendo fanboy. However, I'm not going to buy a new console just for NSMB U (though the first game was great) and maybe Pikmin 3.

Posted this in the WiiU Press Reviews thread, but wanted to post it in the launch OT.
I make really lame videos, but decided to do a WiiU Countdown for a week leading up to the launch of the WiiU. I will post stuff like my favorite Wii memories and YouTube News episodes on my two launch games. After the countdown I'll post a video of me getting it.

WiiU Countdown - 7 Days Remain - Introduction - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTiUswipmvk

6 Days Remain - Wii Memories - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty-myG_vs50

5 Days Remain - Top 10 Wii Games (So Far) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG7fXUcykWc

New video each day until 11/17. The video where I get the system will come when I get a chance. Hope you enjoy them if you watch them.

Anywayz: All these WiiU previews are awesome. I need to stop spoiling things though. Already looked at the WiiU Soundtrack, first level of ZombiU, etc. I need to stop...keep em coming.

Like I say in my video: OH MY GAWD! ONLY FIVE MORE DAYS UNTIL WIIU! (I did that for one of the days atleast.)

Meh...I really don't feel hyped for this. Really the only reason I'm buying it at launch is to get the expanse out've the way since I know its a Nintendo system and I will want its games way before a price drop happens. Well...a NSMB game is enough for me. Those always gets me.

and here is 4 Days Remain - WiiU Hype from Beginning to End - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhyJYVMApR0

Three more videos + me getting the system. (So four more videos, but I probably won't post the video where I get the system on 11/18 since I'll be playing it lol.

Hope yall enjoy the videos! Can't wait for the next NSMB game and ZombiU looks interesting. Getting both day 1!

Bog

Junior Ace
It is going to be so cheap in a few months.

I'll eat my foot if I can't find it for 15 or less by Spring. Probably under ten by Midsummer.

What the hell won't be, outside of Mario? This is a launch thread, dude. People who have money pay a premium to play shit now, not in 8 months.

crpav

I'd buy SMG 1 & 2 HD collection in a heartbeat. Would not hesitate on Xenoblade HD. Would be a dream come true.

Good chance we'll get Wind Waker on the eShop but I'd love to see it get the Okami HD treatment :3 I hope Nintendo is considering some of these things. They did do some cleaned-up re-releases on the 3DS eShop for some older games... so the possibility is definitely there. And of course, I think almost everyone in this thread owns Ocarina of Time 3D :) Surely they see there's a big market for that kind of thing.

Wow man... just wow. Here's the good news: if you buy one anyway she probably can't tell it's any different from the old Wii :d

No she will then wonder why and what cost $350! And that is far worse than just waiting until maybe a price break or when she will let me get one.

wsippel

Banned
Typical marketting crap, as I understand when they advertise them as 8 GB or 32 GB they're going by, say, a kilobyte = 1000 bytes and so forth, whereas in reality it's measured as a kilobyte = 1024 bytes. Happens all the time with hard drives, flash sticks, etc: ALWAYS expect a little shy of the advertised amount.

If anything the fact half the data's hogged by the OS is what's really alarming.
Actually, 1kB are 1000B. The SI prefix "k" means 1000, not 1024. 1KiB (kibibyte) are 1024B. That differentiation was introduced in 1999, but the IEC units (kibi, mebi, gibi and so on) are rarely used.

Rich!

i have my zombieu wiiu pack preordered waiting for reviews if these are bad,bye bye wiiu

After all of your negativity about the console so far, I am amazed youre even bothering with a preorder, if you even have one and are not just trolling for attention with that comment.

Anyway, the delayed UK launch is a blessing in disguise. I will know exactly what games to get thanks to american feedback.

MisterC20XX

Nice OT! I was wondering when I'd see this.

My hype for this console unexpectedly came out of nowhere this last week.

Wii U: My heart says yes but my wallet says no™ :(

Must.resist.system trade-ins...

Yep. Also, co-op with Gamepad/TV separately.

iUy7wSBjCWR7F.gif

I might need to buy a Wii U.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Because it comes out Sunday.

This is why I'm hesitant with the launch library: NSMBU will hold its value, ZombiU may be good enough (and exclusive enough) to get immediately. Almost everything else, at best, is less than a month late, at worst is over a YEAR late and I likely already own(ed) elsewhere, thus more fitting for a $15 novelty or "damn I still haven't played it" purchase. And given Batman looks to stick with B confirm/A cancel I might be more comfortable playing that on PC.

Games I want that I know will be bargain bin next year:

Batman, ME3 (only for super cheap though), TTT2, Tank Tank Tank, Ninja Gaiden, Scribblenauts, AC III, Sonic no online friend chat Racing: Transformed.

ZombiU could go either way...but I really, REALLY want to play it.

NSMB U would be day one but I'm not expecting it until Monday. Saved 12+ plus tax though getting it from newegg so I won't complain.

Spazznid

Has there been any solid conclusion as to whether gamestop.com orders will be arriving before Monday? My deliveries don't get here till like 6:00 PM, so waiting till that time Monday is going to drive me nuts.

I would have loved to have been able to get the ZombieU Wii U bundle, but I'm good with the NA Deluxe. I'll give Nintendoland a fair chance.

TheChits

Posted this in the WiiU Press Reviews thread, but wanted to post it in the launch OT.

and here is 4 Days Remain - WiiU Hype from Beginning to End - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhyJYVMApR0

Three more videos + me getting the system. (So four more videos, but I probably won't post the video where I get the system on 11/18 since I'll be playing it lol.

Hope yall enjoy the videos! Can't wait for the next NSMB game and ZombiU looks interesting. Getting both day 1!

Can't wait to see you finally get the system. Keep up the good work man!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Has there been any solid conclusion as to whether gamestop.com orders will be arriving before Monday? My deliveries don't get here till like 6:00 PM, so waiting till that time Monday is going to drive me nuts.

Umm, unless you arranged for some weird custom courier delivery or something else it is almost guaranteed you won't have it before Monday. It's only after Thanksgiving that companies even think about Saturday and Sunday parcel delivery.

Jtrizzy

Really annoyed that my GameStop isn't doing a midnight release. I wouldn't have ordered through them had I known, I avoid supporting that company when possible. Anyway, is there any info on what games will be in the e shop yet?

Eusis

ZombiU could go either way...but I really, REALLY want to play it.
It's Ubi so I expect at least a solid price drop before very long, even if it's hovering at $40 for months rather than nosediving into the bargain bins. Still, it sounds like it's the real deal, and a good showpiece for the Wii U's capabilities, so worth the chance of missing out on deeper savings, nevermind if you got it Friday at TRU or whatever.

The rest of the games... Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye out at least for $30 offers.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
FWIW the guy at Best Buy on Geary in SF said that if you line up, you will probably get one as they are expecting more than what they were allotted for preorders. They are having a midnight opening there, so it's where I intend to try my luck.

If any Gaffers want to join me, I'd be down.

Quick question/HELP gaffers...

So I preordered my wii u and can't wait to get it. My TV is hung on my living room wall and won't have anyone around to help me take I down to hook the wii u up. Can I just unplug my ps3 and use that hdmi cable that already running through the wall to the tv?

Quick question/HELP gaffers...

So I preordered my wii u and can't wait to get it. My TV is hung on my living room wall and won't have anyone around to help me take I down to hook the wii u up. Can I just unplug my ps3 and use that hdmi cable that already running through the wall to the tv?

Of course.

Dartastic

Just went to GameStop and paid mine off along with Zombi U and Mario. Gamefly shipped my copy of Assassins Creed 3. Now the only problem is that they open at 11 on Sunday. :/

antonz

Really annoyed that my GameStop isn't doing a midnight release. I wouldn't have ordered through them had I known, I avoid supporting that company when possible. Anyway, is there any info on what games will be in the e shop yet?

Don't think we know what's eshop ready retail wise. I hear you on gamestop though. I did the line wait at Walmart for the Wii and wanted to avoid that this time so made sure to preorder. Not only is my gamestop not midnight launching they aren't even bothering to open early so 11 am sunday for me

netBuff

Don't you post in like every thread about ZombiU and say how bad it was when you played it? Why would you care what the reviews are?

I'm curious about ZombiU's reception, too: I played it at a trade show some time ago, and even though I only got to see a small sample, my impressions was that it didn't exactly play like a quality game.

The_Monk

Decided to take a quick look and say this thread looks really nice.

Curious to see people's opinions as I won't get one (for now?). Hope to see some posts on the pick-up thread as well how nice it looks on fellow GAFfer's Gaming Setups (I love that thread!)

Have fun Gaf :)

Great OT holy shit like every little detail is great. I'm excited for Sunday for.sure :)

Why GameStop isn't doing a midnight launch pisses me off...:/

Hype!

Here's what I'll most likely be picking up at launch:

• Deluxe Wii U
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Little Inferno
  • Nano Assault Neo

Post-Launch:

• Pikmin 3
  • Rayman Legends
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

I might also get Batman and ZombiU based on impressions, but we'll see.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Number 9 on the WiiU basic waitlist.

...Hoping it's not too soon. I'll definitely have the money in December, but I'd rather save my November money.

Can't wait. Going to have my brother and some friends over Sunday night for some NSMB U and Nintendo Land multiplayer.

Anyone know if regular Wiimotes will still work with NSMB U (seems extremely likely they would but asking just in case since Nintendo Land requires motion plus)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom