• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Retail Games Arriving Early

Effect

is there any reason why Batman Arkham City Wii U is $60??? I haven't been following it much, surely it doesn't have that much new content to justify the price?

It contains all the DLC that was released. It's a game of the year edition with additional Wii U controls plus new skins for Batman and Catwoman (the armored skins). There are also suppose to be updates to the graphics as well.

That reminds me. Has WB said anything about adding additional in-game Miiverse support? I know developers only just got access to it but have they said anything about adding support in the future once they got access?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Cross post from some other threads, we have fragmented threads now so I'll just put this here too.

FYI: Newegg is shipping out my Zombi U on Friday and said I can expect it on Monday the 19th.

Here's the email I got from them:

oomgi.jpg

BlankaBR

Banned
If someone is, can you mention whether or not there's a player editor in the game? There hasn't been one in any of the Wii versions, and my general pernickityness refuses to accept an inability to change a player rating I disagree with. I assume/hope being able to update transfers is a given.

I'm in the UK so won't be getting my mitts on a U for a while yet, but when I do, NSMBU, ZombiU, BlOps2 and FIFA (should the above condition be met) will be my launch day buys, with Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 lined up for the future.
I don't know about the player editor, I know its missing ultimate team and the latest impact and pass engines, but the graphics are supposed to be better

BlankaBR

Banned
It contains all the DLC that was released. It's a game of the year edition with additional Wii U controls plus new skins for Batman and Catwoman (the armored skins). There are also suppose to be updates to the graphics as well.

That reminds me. Has WB said anything about adding additional in-game Miiverse support? I know developers only just got access to it but have they said anything about adding support in the future once they got access?
I didnt see anywhere that the graphics are supposed to be better...actually people were saying it look worst from the demos played everywhere

Effect

I didnt see anywhere that the graphics are supposed to be better...actually people were saying it look worst from the demos played everywhere

I thought that was because they were using the same E3 demo all the time. If I recall they said some things were running in real time when they weren't in the other versions. Maybe it will or won't. No one has seen a retail copy of it yet.

ElRenoRaven

Cross post from some other threads, we have fragmented threads now so I'll just put this here too.

FYI: Newegg is shipping out my Zombi U on Friday and said I can expect it on Monday the 19th.

Here's the email I got from them:

oomgi.jpg

Sounds about right. That's usually how mine ship. They usually ship out the day before or on weekend items the Friday before.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hmm, my pre-orders for ZombiU and Darksiders II are at Newegg. Here's hoping I get the friday shipping outsies.

Sacul64

Banned

WINK WINK it may be say 10$ cheaper on BF at GS

NateDrake

WINK WINK it may be say 10$ cheaper on BF at GS

Any other Wii U BF deals?

My launch is looking like:
NSMB U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Darksiders II
Zombi U
Scribblenauts
Sonic All-Star Racing
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Digital:
Trine 2

Considering:
Assassin's Creed III

Sacul64

Banned
Any other Wii U BF deals?

My launch is looking like:
NSMB U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Darksiders II
Zombi U
Scribblenauts
Sonic All-Star Racing
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Digital:
Trine 2

Considering:
Assassin's Creed III

Scribblenauts and fifa could WINK see WINK a similar deal.

Sacul64

Banned
Are you talking about the Toys R Us deal? I'd hope to see Wii U games for a lot less than $50 on Black Friday.

I don't do my GAME shopping at Toys R Us, I STOPed that ages ago. And don't expect major deals when the system will only be out for like a week.

Top Bottom