• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Retail Games Arriving Early

NateDrake

Those are typically done the day before a street-dated item is released; if whoever is working is doing their job, you should get a confirmation email early on on Saturday.

Sweet. My store is doing a midnight launch and I wanted to see if they would have the in-store pickup setup for then.

HoTHiTTeR

I saw Madden, FIFA, Rabbids, Your Shape 2013, ESPN Sports Connection, Assassin's Creed III and Just Dance 4 all at Toys R Us tonight.

Madden, FIFA, and Assassin's Creed III were all eligible for the Buy 2 get $30 off - essentially $44.99/ea through this Saturday.
The $49.99 games are Buy 1 get 40% off the 2nd - 2 for $80 basically; 39.99 each.

CronoShot

We haven't gotten anything in at the Walmart I work at. Supposed to be between Wednesday and Friday.

I did look up the consoles in our system though. We have almost 3 times as many deluxe units on order compared to the basic unit. Also, we're apparently hoarding some deluxe units since it'll be in the ad on December 2nd. Might be good for some people who didn't preorder if launch units do sell out.

Medalion

Banned

image.php

So many good Wii-U games

I don't even remember the last time I was this hyped for anything as much as I am my Wii U, NSMBU and Zombi U. This Sunday will be glorious...

...and my fiancee doesn't even realize why I randomly burned 2 vacation days on Monday and Tuesday.....

;)

alf717

I'm pretty excited for this as well. Only four more days left. I wonder when or if in store Walmart preorder customers will be notified. I might call in later today and see if they are still doing a midnight launch.

I don't get the people wanting their Wii U games now.

I want mine on Sunday, with the console, so I can walk out of GameStop with two bags full of stuff.

Well, OK, I guess I kinda get it, as I bought my Skylanders figures for my Wii U copy of Skylanders Giants.

NateDrake

I want mine on Sunday, with the console, so I can walk out of GameStop with two bags full of stuff.

Well, OK, I guess I kinda get it, as I bought my Skylanders figures for my Wii U copy of Skylanders Giants.

I wanted to get ZombiU early because I have tons of GameStop credit but I'm getting my system at Best Buy at midnight. If the GameStop doesn't do a midnight launch, I need to go back their on Sunday to get a copy of the game.

We haven't gotten anything in at the Walmart I work at. Supposed to be between Wednesday and Friday.

I did look up the consoles in our system though. We have almost 3 times as many deluxe units on order compared to the basic unit. Also, we're apparently hoarding some deluxe units since it'll be in the ad on December 2nd. Might be good for some people who didn't preorder if launch units do sell out.

hoarding for Dec. 2nd is very nice of them as long as my launch layaway is safe :3

I wish Nintendo would just allow street dates to be moved up

not long now just a little longer breathe

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I know, I was pissed when it was delayed from the 13th.

Btw, Target is having a sale in which if you buy 2 WiiU games, you can get a 3rd for 50% off from 11/18 - 11/22. Something worth taking advantage of if you are buying multiple games.

Very good to hear. Zombi U, Sonic all stars racing, and something else...Already have new super mario and tekken locked down on newegg.

I keep getting worried that I won't get a Wii U on Sunday...even though I pre-ordered it the first chance I got, and I'm quite sure I was the first one.

Wouldn't mind picking up a copy of Assassin's Creed III for Wii U at an EB in Canada today. The website says they ship in 24 hours. Not sure why they are holding them in store.

I have my preorder at Toys R' Us but I have store credit at a few other stores. Would love to pickup all my games and have them ready for one I pick up the console. Also, less to carry on public transit.

From our local Best Buy today:

13487F47-9EEC-45B5-9A5A-2E54600840A7-136-0000000ADFBA53F7.jpg

But do they finally have that demo kiosk yet that they've been telling me they'd be getting "any day now" for weeks like hundreds of other locations do already? Why of course not.

bryehn

Bought Scribblenauts Unlimited today, cover was slightly mangled by enviro case. Lovely cover art and manual confirms Gamepad-only play.

Looks like that's the week early selection everywhere. Surprised Darksiders 2 and Batman AC didn't wind up in there too. AC3 was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Picked up AC3 and Scribblenauts last night, TRU deal was too good to pass up.

Hoodbury

Because there's a whole single player campaign? I mean you can play without a TV.

Doh, sorry. I had different controller options on the brain. I thought you were trying to convey that the gamepad was the only controller option available, not offscreen play.

my bad.

Effect

really wish Newegg would get on it with shipping. ;_;

I'm starting to get concerned about NewEgg. Everything is listed for the 18th. There is no way they haven't gotten information from publishers/suppliers about what the street dates are for all the games yet. I wonder if they'll even be shipping out games on the 19th now, assuming they don't decide to ship them earlier on the 16th/17th. They also will not give you an answer when you ask them when they'll be shipping the games out.

Very tempted to cancel one of the games I have with them and just pick it up in the store on the fear I'll have to wait longer then I expected to get it from them. Making my issue with picking something else up in store not an issue.

Hoodbury

I'm starting to get concerned about NewEgg. Everything is listed for the 18th. There is no way they haven't gotten information from publishers/suppliers about what the street dates are for all the games yet. I wonder if they'll even be shipping out games on the 19th now, assuming they don't decide to ship them earlier on the 16th/17th. They also will not give you an answer when you ask them when they'll be shipping the games out.

Very tempted to cancel one of the games I have with them and just pick it up in the store on the fear I'll have to wait longer then I expected to get it form them. Making my issue with picking something else up in store not an issue.

I'm in the same boat. I don't think Nintendo Land will be able to hold me over if they ship so late. This might be the very reason why I pick up NSMBU at Best Buy when I go to get my console.

Right now I have ACIII and Blops 2 on preorder from Newegg. It'd be nice to get them on time or early.

Kyon

Banned
Hey guys so i cancelled all my wii u newegg pre orders because i just ordered them on impulse now i have 0 games except NintendoLand thats coming with the deluxe. Can someone help? lol

Here are ones im looking at:

NSMB
ZombiU(does this have online co op?)

i did have Ninja Gaiden but now im gonna wait for a price drop.

Anyone have suggestions? Just need games lol

Hey guys so i cancelled all my wii u newegg pre orders because i just ordered them on impulse now i have 0 games except NintendoLand thats coming with the deluxe. Can someone help? lol

Here are ones im looking at:

NSMB
ZombiU(does this have online co op?)

i did have Ninja Gaiden but now im gonna wait for a price drop.

Anyone have suggestions? Just need games lol

NAP

Get BLOPS II (or don't) or Scribblenauts.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Darksiders 2 are also available

I'm getting AC III, BLOPS II, NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Zombi U and Scribblenauts Unlimited.

From our local Best Buy today:

But do they finally have that demo kiosk yet that they've been telling me they'd be getting "any day now" for weeks like hundreds of other locations do already? Why of course not.

You could go to Target, the one I go to often has a demo Wii U.

Kyon

Banned
NAP

Get BLOPS II (or don't) or Scribblenauts.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Darksiders 2 are also available

I'm getting AC III, BLOPS II, NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Zombi U and Scribblenauts Unlimited.

i already had DS2 and AC3 on PS3 and i just dont like them lol

I will look into Scribblenauts ive never played any of the other games O_O is it a platformer? Not into COD or shooters in general but Zombi U interests me.

Ok i pick

NSMBU
Zombi U
Scribblenauts

thank you ^_^

also:

im laughing so hard right now at this. Best avi tbh

image.php

Sullichin

is there any reason why Batman Arkham City Wii U is $60??? I haven't been following it much, surely it doesn't have that much new content to justify the price?

i already had DS2 and AC3 on PS3 and i just dont like them lol

I will look into Scribblenauts ive never played any of the other games O_O is it a platformer? Not into COD or shooters in general but Zombi U interests me.

Ok i pick

NSMBU
Zombi U
Scribblenauts

thank you ^_^

also:

im laughing so hard right now at this. Best avi tbh

image.php

Fair enough. Scribblenauts is a platformer puzzle, I guess one could put it that way. Not a problem!

Haha thank you very much.

is there any reason why Batman Arkham City Wii U is $60??? I haven't been following it much, surely it doesn't have that much new content to justify the price?

It's not the same game.

My local BB so far only has Batman AC and Game Party out front. If they had Sonic or Scribblenauts I would have gone ahead and grabbed them.

xandaca

Anyone getting Fifa 13??

If someone is, can you mention whether or not there's a player editor in the game? There hasn't been one in any of the Wii versions, and my general pernickityness refuses to accept an inability to change a player rating I disagree with. I assume/hope being able to update transfers is a given.

I'm in the UK so won't be getting my mitts on a U for a while yet, but when I do, NSMBU, ZombiU, BlOps2 and FIFA (should the above condition be met) will be my launch day buys, with Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 lined up for the future.

Top Bottom