• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Retail Games Arriving Early

Honestly, I'm running out of options. The two big games are NSMBU and ZombiU, neither of which I find appealing. I have a feeling I'll end up with Mario though.

Guess I got bamboozled. I purchased the Wii U branded remote and it's still on the inside.

I guess it's only some or something?
This is what I was talking about.

iZmrTuV5hmouF.jpg

Ridley327

Why does Assassin Creed have Adobe Flash on the back of the cover? What is it used for?

Ubisoft does in-game manuals these days, which use Flash.

Of course, that seems a bit redundant since Nintendo requires digital manuals that you can access before you boot the game, but hey.

antonz

shocked my gamestop today walking in and getting my AC3 instead of being one of the dozens in line to pick up BLOPS II which they could have grabbed from any retailer without the long wait. Paid off all my preorders and the system and grabbed a nifty Wii U compatible wireless headset

cajunator

Banned
shocked my gamestop today walking in and getting my AC3 instead of being one of the dozens in line to pick up BLOPS II which they could have grabbed from any retailer without the long wait. Paid off all my preorders and the system and grabbed a nifty Wii U compatible wireless headset

lol yeah same here. I went in with about 30 people when Gamestop opened but I was there to preorder Bayonetta 2 and try out the WiiU demo unit.

I'm very curious about AC3.

I'm still planning on getting the PC version, but if the WiiU version turns out to be solid, I might give that a shot instead. As it stands, the 360 and PS3 versions are unacceptably choppy. If the WiiU version fares no better than I'm definitely going PC.

I am just wondering in what universe a Wii U game would run/ look better than a PC version?

No troll, just curious. You know it will never achieve the same level of a proper PC port - why would you pick Wii U one OVER a PC one? Picking Wii U one OVER PS360 one I can understand...

Eusis

I am just wondering in what universe a Wii U game would run/ look better than a PC version?

No troll, just curious. You know it will never achieve the same level of a proper PC port - why would you pick Wii U one OVER a PC one? Picking Wii U one OVER PS360 one I can understand...
In case they fuck up the port, and there does seem to be some fear about that. Though you might also like the Wii U controller for it.

what evidence do we have to support the idea that AC III on PC will be a "proper pc port"?

I think he was just saying that if the WiiU version is better than the 360/ps3 version he'd give that one a try instead of buying it on the PC.. not that the WiiU version would be superior to the PC version.

Effect

Which headset did you pick up?

Banned
I have never understood this. So you have these big, gaping holes right where the damn disc is. But the rest of the case is protected in solid plastic. Brilliant. The empty space is safe!
It's to save plastic. For every gram of plastic Nintendo ships, a puppy dies. Nintendo doesn't want to be responsible for the mass genocide of puppies.

ghostmind

Picked up my Scribblenauts preorder this morning - the place had those Black Ops 2 helicopter kits stacked up high - the box/crate it comes in is huge!

Honestly, I'm running out of options. The two big games are NSMBU and ZombiU, neither of which I find appealing. I have a feeling I'll end up with Mario though.

Guess I got bamboozled. I purchased the Wii U branded remote and it's still on the inside.

What color did you buy? I picked up a black one and a blue one today. The black one had the button on the inside while the blue one had the new setup.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gamestop (MY CANADIAN ONE) said they weren't going to sell them till the 18th. I jut wanted to look at it lol.

EBgames on Yonge across from Eaton Centre had all their Wii U games plastered with COMING ON NOVEMBER 18th stickers, so I'm guessing that's universal up here.

EBgames on Yonge across from Eaton Centre had all their Wii U games plastered with COMING ON NOVEMBER 18th stickers, so I'm guessing that's universal up here.

I guess Canada isn't good enough for early releases...or we're just to damn polite.
PS: Mines on Yonge too...but 45 minutes north of the Eaton Centre or so lol

Effect

PDP Afterglow universal. They make it in wired for 59.99 or wireless for 89.99. I like it because it has a very adjustable headband and a very flexible one so its not too small or too tight.

This is it on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009CL6LA6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Wii U Compatibility is right on the front of the box as part of the branding and not just a sticker

Nice. A bit pricey. Hoping I can come across one that's a bit cheaper in time. Thinking I might actually use one for games this go around.

antonz

Nice. A bit pricey. Hoping I can come across one that's a bit cheaper in time. Thinking I might actually use one for games this go around.

Yeah I bit on it because of the headband. Too many companies make them hard plastic and rigid so there is no flexibility so if your head is even a tad larger than a small baseball hat your going to end up breaking the headband.
Gamestop (MY CANADIAN ONE) said they weren't going to sell them till the 18th. I jut wanted to look at it lol.

I think they just have that 18th drilled into their head. They thought I was just paying it off at first then when I said I was here to pick up the game they were like isn't it the 18th then they checked in the computer and saw it was off the blacklisted sales list so went in the back and gave me one.

I think they just have that 18th drilled into their head. They thought I was just paying it off at first then when I said I was here to pick up the game they were like isn't it the 18th then they checked in the computer and saw it was off the blacklisted sales list so went in the back and gave me one.

I actually told them I was picking it up, and that the release date was today. They checked the computers and say it was, but still wouldn't give it to me :/ Maybe they just don't have the shipment in yet...iunno.

Guess I'll post this in here, too.

Back of Nintendo Land's JP box.

1-5 players
Supported video output: 480p, 720p
6 MB required for save data
Number of saves: 1 (shared among all users)
Supported controllers: Wii U gamepad, Wii Remote MotionPlus + Nunchuk (dependent on attraction played, sensor bar also required for some attractions)
Nintendo Network: sharing of play experiences through Miiverse

x1hjD.jpg

I don't understand why these aren't able to be maxed at 1080p it's actually pissing me off.a bit

Drago

I guess NewEgg really won't be shipping my games until Saturday/Monday then, even though the release is today. Day has passed and no dice.

I guess I can't complain, I am saving $20 on Scribblenauts (and $10 on Sonic), but it really doesn't make sense :[

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Is this a regional thing only? I didn't see the same pricing here in CO.

It's suppose to be nationwide. Buy 2 $60 games, get $30 off. Buy 1 $60 game, get $10 off. Buy 1 $49.99 or lower game, get another for 40% off. Ends on 11/17. I believe the ad is on their website.

Drago

Those with Scribblenauts, can you check the instruction manual and see if it says anything about the game supporting Off TV Play?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If ZombiU was in stores right now I'd be all over the deal.

I know, I was pissed when it was delayed from the 13th.

Btw, Target is having a sale in which if you buy 2 WiiU games, you can get a 3rd for 50% off from 11/18 - 11/22. Something worth taking advantage of if you are buying multiple games.

NateDrake

I know, I was pissed when it was delayed from the 13th.

Btw, Target is having a sale in which if you buy 2 WiiU games, you can get a 3rd for 50% off from 11/18 - 11/22. Something worth taking advantage of if you are buying multiple games.

Heard of that sale today. Anyone have a link to the ad?

Top Bottom