• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U September Conference Summary Thread

D-e-f-

Banned
So many WiiU threads, nobody knows with with one to post in :lol
Adding to the confusion by bumping this.

All the talking is happening in the specs thread. And that's the same merry-go-round as always. I'm glad that it's separated from the "game talk" but apparently nobody has something to say in that regard ...

Nibel

NintenGAF is fragmented because of way too many threads

And the spec thread is always pushed - it's just such a boring thread that gets bumped and bumped.. maybe we'll have better luck with Rösti's thread

I think ZombiU is going to be a great game to show off to 360/ps3 owners and maybe convince them to pick up a wii u (if they can find one LOL). I already have a few friends who've shown interest in the system just from some videos and are very happy with the price.

Sadist

NintenGAF is fragmented because of way too many threads

And the spec thread is always pushed - it's just such a boring thread that gets bumped and bumped.. maybe we'll have better luck with Rösti's thread
He's making a new general thread? Cool.

D-e-f-

Banned
I'll just ignore this being a wasteland and keep posting then :D

Some ZombiU credits from linkedin:

(dates refer to Product Manager's Nicolas Bouchet time of involvement)

ZombiU

August 2011 to Present

Team Members: M. Gabrielle Shrager (Writer/Story Designer), Jean-Philippe Caro (Creative Director), Florent Sacre (Co-creative Director, Art Director), Guillaume Brunier (Producer), Mathieu Audrain, Alexandre Carlotti (Audio Director), Antony Johnston (Writer), Guillaume Sauveur (Lead Gameplay Programmer), Nicolas Bouchet (Product Manager)

KILLER FREAKS FROM OUTER SPACE

August 2010 to October 2011

Team Members: Nicolas Bouchet (Product Manager), Florent Sacre (Co-creative Director, Art Director), Guillaume ARVIEU (Marketing Artist), Loic Gounon (Brand Manager), Jean-Philippe Caro (Co-creative Director), Guillaume Brunier (Producer)

Killler Freaks (separate entry)

Florent Sacre (Co-creative Director, Art Director) (was lead artist on Beyond Good & Evil)
Co-creative director, Art director / ZOMBIU (WiiU)
November 2011 – present
Co-creative director, Art director / Killer freaks from outer space (WiiU)
October 2009 – November 2011

Mounir Radi
January 2011 – Present Lead Content Designer on ZombiU

Alexandre Carlotti
ZOMBIU: Audio Director - Audio Producer - Associate Producer
(worked on Rayman Origins, From Dust, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, PoP Sands of Time, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory)

Mathieu Audrain
Level Design / Content Director

don't know why I looked that up.

I find it weird how those timeframes aren't consistently referring to the same window in terms of the Killer Freaks/ZombiU switch.

I say this should be the new Wii U thread. Lock the old one and make this the Wii U thread. It's full of new information, while the other one only has old one and this one is waaaay better.

hachi

Banned
I say this should be the new Wii U thread. Lock the old one and make this the Wii U thread. It's full of new information, while the other one only has old one and this one is waaaay better.

Agreed, this one (with its handy list of updates in OP!) should have been maintained instead of the less informative and more often pointlessly misdirected Wii U thread.

Enordash

Nobody posts in here thats why reopened the old one.

The old one got boring fast when everyone just started talking about Wii nostalgia (and beyond) instead of getting hype for the WiiU. They could easily seal the deal with me if they just announce a new Smash Bros. Then even further if they claim it will be like Melee and not Brawl. Melee was one of my favorite games to play. Ever. I would also like to know way more about the proposed internet service. Local-only multiplayer on ZombiU is a bit disappointing. I'm also worried that a lot of people will be lured in to getting BLOPS2 on the WiiU since it will have true HD graphics (supposedly) then the online experience will be broken as hell.

addyb

Be interesting to see what blops 2 will be like on the Wii U network wise as there's normally always some issues or complaints from ps3/360 versions.

If the wii u version ends up having the more solid online experience would that be enough to make the cod diehards jump ship?

Enordash

Be interesting to see what blops 2 will be like on the Wii U network wise as there's normally always some issues or complaints from ps3/360 versions.

If the wii u version ends up having the more solid online experience would that be enough to make the cod diehards jump ship?

For me, it would be a lot to ask. I've been playing COD on the 360 since 4, so that's where all of my friends are. I actually don't know of a single one of those people who are planning on picking up a WiiU. If it meant playing by myself, I would not convert.

Top Bottom