• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U September Conference Summary Thread

Nibel

ibv7WOdFQoTWff.png

ioVQdTlyRSjcS.png
Additional NEWS

- 9/17/12 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 added to day-one Wii U line-up
- 9/15/12 - LEAKED: Need For Speed Most Wanted for Wii U
- 9/15/12 - Best Buy sold out its preorder stock of the Wii U Deluxe Set
- 9/14/12 - Interview: Nintendo Talks eShop Disparity, Miiverse, and Wii U's Online Focus At Launch
- 9/14/12 - GameStop has, nationwide, sold out its preorder stock of deluxe Wii U models
- 9/14/12 - Amazon trumpets lack of Wii U preorders
- 9/14/12 - 'Mass Effect 3: Special Edition' on Wii U includes 'From Ashes,' 'Extended Cut,' and three multiplayer add-ons
- 9/14/12 - UK: Wii U pre-order price round-up - where's cheapest?
- 9/14/12 - Wii U playable for the first time in the UK at Eurogamer Expo
- 9/14/12 - Fist of the North Star 2 coming to Wii U
- 9/14/12 - PlatinumGames comments on Bayonetta 2

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Why This Thread?

There are too many threads right now and I thought it was a good idea to sum up everything that happened in one single thread that should evolve into our next Wii U discussion thread over time - until the big Wii U Launch Thread will be opened 2 weeks before release.

Feel free to give some feedback - there was shown plenty of stuff yesterday and it would be cool if you help me to put everything into this OP. I hope the mods don't mind this; if they feel that this thread is unnecessary, then it's up to them to close it.

OP will be updated as often as I can!

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Release Dates:

• North America - November 18
  • Europe - November 30
  • Japan - December 8

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Available SKUs

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii U Basic Set (8GB)

• White Wii U Gamepad
  • White Wii U Console
  • 8GB Flash Storage
  • Wii U AC adapter
  • Wii U GamePad AC adapter
  • HDMI cable

Code:
JAPAN      - ¥26,250
USA        - $299
AUSTRALIA  - AU$349.95
UK         - £250
EU         - 299€

Check what's inside here! (Picture)

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii U Premium/Deluxe Set (32GB)

• Black Wii U Gamepad
  • Black Wii U Console
  • 32GB Flash Storage
  • Wii U AC adapter
  • Wii U GamePad AC adapter
  • HDMI cable
  • Console stand
  • Gamepad dock
  • Nintendoland (Not in Japan!)
  • Nintendo Network Premium (Check below)

Code:
JAPAN      - ¥31,500
USA        - $349
AUSTRALIA  - AU$429.95 
UK         - £300
EU         - 349€

Check what's inside here! (Picture)

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Differences Between Regions

- Sensor bars aren't included in any of the two available bundles in Japan. However, it seems that there is a sensor bar in the premium EU bundle. Both the US basic and premium bundle seem to have a sensor bar.
- Nintendoland is available in the premium EU/US Wii U bundles. Just like Wii Sports, Japanese users have to buy Nintendoland separately
- There will be a ZombiU bundle in Europe (Amazon.de priced it at 399€) and a Monster Hunter Tri HD Version bundle in Japan for ¥38,850. They will both include a black Wii U Pro Controller (check the "Accessories" section)
- Every Japanese Premium Set includes Dragon Quest X Wii U Beta Access!

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
What is Nintendo Network Premium?

Nintendo Network Premium, as mentioned above, is not to be compared to Xbox LIVE Gold or PlayStation Plus. It will give back consumers 10 percent of points on Nintendo download and product sales, which can be used toward future purchases. Amass 500 points, and you can redeem it for credit.

Source

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Most recent published specs

• Size: Approximately 1.8 inches high, 10.6 inches deep and 6.75 inches long.
  • Weight: Approximately 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg)
  • CPU: IBM Power-based multi-core processor
  • GPU: AMD Radeon-based High Definition GPU
  • Storage: Wii U uses an internal flash memory (8 GB with the Basic Set; 32 GB with the Deluxe Set) for data storage. It also supports SDHC memory cards and external USB storage.
  • Media: Wii U and Wii optical discs. Wii U optical discs have a 25 GB data capacity.
  • Networking: Wii U can be connected to the Internet via a wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.
  • Audio Output: Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.
  • Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
  • Energy Efficiency: Wii U utilizes specially designed power-saving features to lower its energy consumption.
  • Wii Compatibility: Nearly all Wii software and accessories can be used with Wii U.
  • Wii U GamePad: Wii U™ GamePad
  • The Wii U GamePad controller removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world.
  • It also offers a new way for viewers to engage with their favorite entertainment. The GamePad incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen, as well as traditional button controls and two analog sticks. Inputs include a +Control Pad, L/R sticks, L/R stick buttons, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, Power button, HOME button, -/SELECT button, +/START button, and TV CONTROL button.
  • The GamePad also includes motion control (powered by an accelerometer, gyroscope and geomagnetic sensor), a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, an included stylus and support for Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality.
  • It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and weighs approximately 1.1 pounds (500 g).
  • Other Controllers: The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote™ Plus) controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers, and Wii accessories such as the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.

Source

Additional info:

- Wii U uses 2GB Ram - 1GB for games, 1GB for the OS. Maybe they'll make their OS more efficient through FW updates like they did with the 3DS which means more RAM for developers.
- Game disc size is 25GB; streams up to 22.5 Megabyte per second
- Consumes 45 to 75 watts of electricity
- Iwata also mentioned that the Wii U uses a GPGPU (General-purpose computing on graphics processing units)

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Features

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii U Gamepad

Watch this video to learn everything about Nintendo's newest controller!

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Miiverse

Miiverse is Nintendo's grand vision for an all-encompassing social network which will cover the Wii U, 3DS and even mobile phones in the near future. Miiverse is the hub of the system, and displays your own collection of Miis as well as those belonging to people you've encountered during gameplay. Also, titles which are popular at the time will be shown in this area, allowing you to see what everyone else is currently playing worldwide.

Miiverse will allow you to communicate directly with other Wii U owners, with a personal 'timeline' where comments can be made, messaging areas to get game help from others, as well as video calls using the GamePad camera and microphone.Nintendo has suggested that some kind of moderation will be in place to ensure offensive comments don't slip through the net. Messages will automatically pass through a "bad word"-type filter and appear instantly if cleared. Users can then flag those messages if they are still inappropriate which will then involve Nintendo with moderating the message which may take up to 30 minutes.

Source

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Nintendo TVii (US only)

United States and Canada only, Nintendo TVii is a (free) TV aggregation service that lets you browse content from multiple services, to which you're subscribed such as Netflix and Hulu, Live TV and your DVR/Tivo. You can also comment/chat with your friends whilst watching live TV, via Miiverse and Twitter/Facebook. The Wii U hardware doesn't have Tivo/DVR capabilities built in, so that functionality will only work in this service with separate hardware.

Source

Watch this video to learn more about TVii!

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii U Web Browser

- Won't support Flash but H.264 and HTML5
- Supports YouTube videos in HD
- Scroll with your fingers, Stylus or with the gyro sensor
- Has a entertaining curtain feature: show a curtain on the TV while preparing your video on the Gamepad, and when you are ready present your friends dat Brazzers video in the best imaginable way
- Take screenshots from your current game and use them in the Wii U Web Browser (?)

Watch Iwata's short video presentation here! (Japanese)

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Nintendo eShop

The digital storefront for Wii U offers a wide variety of downloadable games and content to enjoy. You will also be able to purchase and download select games that are also available at retail stores.

Source

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Near Field Communication (NFC)

Imagine a physical object in the real world affecting the game world right before your eyes... Using NFC technology, the Wii U GamePad has the capability to communicate wirelessly with objects that are held above it. This technology will allow for a variety of new possibilities for games and activities in the future.

Source

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Backwards compatibility

Nearly all of your existing Wii games can also be played on the Wii U console. In addition, your Wii Remote, Wii Remote Plus, and Nunchuk controllers at home are compatible with select Wii U software.

Many other Wii accessories, including the Wii Balance Board accessory, are also compatible with certain Wii U games.

Source

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Accessories

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii U Microphone

Code:
JAPAN      - 
USA        - $24.99
AUSTRALIA  -  
UK         - 
EU         -

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii U Pro Controller (Black/White)

Code:
JAPAN      - ¥5,040
USA        - $49.99
AUSTRALIA  -  
UK         - 
EU         -

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii U Gamepad Stand / Cradle Set

Code:
JAPAN      - 
USA        - $19.99
AUSTRALIA  -  
UK         - 
EU         -

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii Remote Plus (Black/White/Pink/Blue)

Code:
JAPAN      - ¥3,800
USA        - 
AUSTRALIA  -  
UK         - 
EU         -

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Nunchuck

Code:
JAPAN      - ¥1,800
USA        - 
AUSTRALIA  -  
UK         - 
EU         -

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii U Gamepad Accessory Set (EU)

Code:
JAPAN      - 
USA        - 
AUSTRALIA  -  
UK         - 
EU         -

(Screen protector + cleaning cloth + Gamepad Stylus)

iAb0yxdMzRtKk.png
Wii Remote Plus Additional Set

Code:
JAPAN      - 
USA        - 
AUSTRALIA  -  
UK         - 
EU         -

(Wii Motion Plus remote + nunchuck + sensor bar)

* Will add prices later - please PM if you find/found any!

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Most Important Announcements

- Nintendo TVii app for Wii U announced
- Wii to Wii U (VC, WiiWare, Mii) transfer details
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 confirmed for Wii U (it's still not quite clear if the game will be rendered at 1080p/60FPS - they Activision reps said that it'll be Full HD, but reps aren't the best sources for technical stuff like that)
- Nintendoland and New Super Mario Bros. U will be available at launch
- MEGATON: Bayonetta 2 will be developed exclusively for Wii U - click and enjoy
- MEGATON: Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate announced for Wii U/3DS
- Xenoblade makers are preparing a brand new IP for Wii U
- Reggie is a fan of Breaking Bad

- No Wii U games support NFC yet, including Skylanders and Rayman (TheVerge)
- Wii U games will cost $59.99 (TheVerge)
- Nintendo Wii U expandable memory explained, TiVO hardware not built in (Engadget)
- Wii U GamePad won't be sold separately at launch (Shacknews)
- Fils-Aime: Wii up to 40 million units in US, Nintendo won't abandon it (Joystiq)

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Launch Window Line-Up

Games with
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
next to their name will be available at day 1.

505 Games
Funky Barn

2K Sports
NBA 2K13

Activision Publishing, Inc.
007™ Legends
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Call of Duty®: Black Ops II
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
TRANSFORMERS PRIME™
Wipeout 3
Skylanders Giants™
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing

Capcom
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate (2013 for US/EU)

D3Publisher
Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
Ben 10: Omniverse™
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade

Disney Interactive
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Electronic Arts
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Mass Effect™ 3
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Madden NFL 13
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
EA SPORTS™ FIFA Soccer 13

Frozenbyte
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Trine 2™: Director's Cut

Gaijin Games
Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Majesco Entertainment
Zumba® Fitness Core

Maximum Games
Jett Tailfin™

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT™ 2 Wii U Edition
TANK! TANK! TANK!™

Nintendo
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Nintendo Land™
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
New Super Mario Bros.™ U
NINJA GAIDEN™ 3: Razor's Edge
SiNG PARTY™
LEGO® City: Undercover
Wii Fit™ U
Game & Wario™
Pikmin™ 3
The Wonderful 101™

SEGA
Aliens: Colonial Marines™
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Shin'en Nano Assault Neo

Tecmo Koei America Corporation
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
WARRIORS OROCHI® 3 Hyper (Japan)

THQ
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Darksiders® II
Wheel of Fortune®
JEOPARDY! ®

Two Tribes
Toki Tori 2

Ubisoft
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Assassin's Creed® III
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Just Dance® 4
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Marvel Avengers™: Battle for Earth
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Rabbids® Land
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Sports Connection™
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Your Shape®: Fitness Evolved 2013
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
ZombiU™
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Rayman Legends®

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Scribblenauts™ Unlimited
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Game Party Champions
iED5ShCFGOaMC.png
Batman: Arkham City™ Armored Edition

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Stuff You Should Check Out!

- New Super Mario Bros. U Trailer
- Nintendoland Trailer
- The Wonderful 101 (P-100) Trailer
- Nano Aussault Neo Trailer
- Bayonetta 2 Announcement Trailer
- Assassin's Creed 3 Trailer
- ZombiU Trailer
- Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor Edition Trailer
- LEGO City Undercover Trailer
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Trailer (additional features!)
- There are plenty more new trailers on Nintendo's YouTube page! / Use this nice simple list to finde what you want to see faster!

ibhJJh25Ein8f1.png
Nintendo Direct Video Links

- Nintendo Direct Japan
- Nintendo Direct Europe
- NYC Preview Event America

Nice summary. I don't know if this will be a place with a lot of discussion though, since it's all spread through the other threads. But people can link here for others who are like "I just woke up after sleeping for 48 hours."

One note, Nintendo Network Premium is 10 percent back on digital downloads for 2 years in Japan, but I don't recall them announcing these specific details in any other territory. They may scale it back somehow in America due to packing in Nintendo Land.

AntMurda

Also. Is Nintendo Land a download or retail disc! I would think with the bigger storage it make sense for it to be installed or be a download ticket.

KageZero

Nice summary. I don't know if this will be a place with a lot of discussion though, since it's all spread through the other threads. But people can link here for others who are like "I just woke up after sleeping for 48 hours."

One note, Nintendo Network Premium is 10 percent back on digital downloads for 2 years in Japan, but I don't recall them announcing these specific details in any other territory. They may scale it back somehow in America due to packing in Nintendo Land.

It's also confirmed for europe. The only thing that was missing is retro, we still have no idea what are they doing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm dead certain that's only for US. In both EU and JP you'll be able to buy additional Wii U Gamepads at launch. Also curious on the Swedish price. Still nothing confirmed but I assume it's going to be a whopping 2999/3499 -- higher than any other region.

EDIT: Just got a mail from GAME confirming me that you'll be able to buy additional gamepads at launch. Still no price on it though.

Surprisingly quality conferences. Considering my rock bottom expectations, Nintendo came through with good announcements and an incredibly solid first half year lineup.

The fact that I'm getting a Wii U Premium Pack for £100 less than I should only sweetens the deal.
3AQmK.gif

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm dead certain that's only for US. In both EU and JP you'll be able to buy additional Wii U Gamepads at launch. Also curious on the Swedish price. Still nothing confirmed but I assume it's going to be a whopping 2999/3499 -- high than any other region.

Saturo Shibata said in the EU Direct that additional pads will arrive later - once they'd created games that make use of them.

I think they're trying to stop people mistakenly buying Wii U pads for their old Wii.

Great thread, BTW. Thanks.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Wasn't the Wii U GPU confirmed to be a General Purpose GPU or GPGPU by Iwata? Shouldn't that be acknowledged under specs? From what I understand that is significantly different from a regular GPU and enables it to perform tasks a normal GPU can not.

Nosgoroth

It might be worth adding to the OP that in USA/EUR both SKUs include a sensor bar.

EDIT: Welp, not in Basic EUR either.

Turrican3

I would add to the OP that (apparently) there are some strange, minor differences regarding sensor bar bundles.

As far as I understand, here's what we have:

- bundled with Premium model only (EUR)
- always bundled (USA)
- not bundled (Japan)

Great thread.

I was looking for a bunch of this info too. Still kinda bummed there isn't a bundle with all the extra controllers but I'll live.

Nice OP. FYI, I think "Shin'en Nano Assault Neo" slipped into Sega's list of titles, unless they're the ones publishing it (which I don't believe they are).

Thanks for the summary. For some reason I thought the Pro controller came with the Delux? The white cables that come with the Delux bugs me too.

Now I'm wondering if it's worth the extra £50 for Nintendo Land and a few stands.

Fantastic summary.

This conference delivered on all fronts, I was quite pleasently surprised.

Monster Hunter U and Bayonetta 2 were both out of nowhere and were pretty huge announcements for the core gamers out there.

BadWolf

Saturo Shibata said in the EU Direct that additional pads will arrive later - once they'd created games that make use of them.

I think they're trying to stop people mistakenly buying Wii U pads for their old Wii.

Great thread, BTW. Thanks.

That's a very good point.

Hanmik

great thread...

but does the Wii-U MICROPHONE really have a Cord..? if so, is that plugged into the console or the Gamepad..?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
List of the questions I had 6 weeks ago that got answered yesterday:

- the OS: how do the menus look like on the tablet? What apps are included, will it get news, weather apps like on Wii? Will we have swap note as on 3DS? What else?
- The online store: what amount of content will it have? Will VC games be playable on the GamePad with the TV off?
- The online capabilities: will it be close to the PS3, x360? What will Miiverse bring in each launch game?
- Instant messaging and video chat: can it be accessible anytime/in-game?
- The TV remote: how well will it work to control a not too complex set-up?
- The different user accounts on the tablet: what kinds of asynchronous apps will there be? Will I be able to send messages, drawings or to do lists to other family members?
- The bundled apps: will there be any? Nintendo Land, Panomara view?
- The bundled hardware: will a wiimote be included? With Motion+?
- The final builds: how games will look once completed? Better than on PS3/x360 in AC, Mass Effect or Fifa?
- The extra content in Game & Wario, Rabbids and Nintendo Land: how deep will it be? Can mini games be played online? Will each one have leaderboards?
- The streaming range: how strong will it be? Does the console needs to be plugged to the TV with the HDMI cable to start streaming, or can it stream with the power cord only, plugged in any room?
- The 2012 japanese third party line-up: what unannounced games will make launch?
- The 2013 lineup: what upcoming games will be revealed by year's end?
- The console price: how affordable will it be?
- The colors: will the black Wii U be available at launch?

Jarsonot

Good conferences. I would normally be available at 9am my time to watch, but of course yesterday I had a prior commitment. Got home at 11am, checked GAF and saw pricing and release date announced, drove to GameStop and fully paid off premium. Feelsgoodman.

My cousin also preordered but his girlfriend isn't as convinced of the necessity of getting one of these babies. I'm thinking today I may put together a "press packet" highlighting all the features I think she'd care about. Off-TV play, NintendoLand, NSMBU and full-screen split screen (better name for this? It does kinda flow) being the main points.

Glad to have so much more info now, but still a lot to find out.

1GB for OS!?
How's the online gonna work (friend system, miiverse, video chat, cross-game chat, in game? Etc.)
Moar info on NintendoLand now that it's a pack-in (for me anyway)

Do you feel that the huge OS memory amount makes in-game video chat more likely? 3DS can pause and browse web/take notes, so I'm expecting at least that. Would be nice to video chat as well.

Wonder if someone can watch Netflix on TV and play game on pad at the same time also.

Anyway, good stuff. Also glad to have a concentrated Wii U talk thread.

Nosgoroth

Thanks for the summary. For some reason I thought the Pro controller came with the Delux? The white cables that come with the Delux bugs me too.

Now I'm wondering if it's worth the extra £50 for Nintendo Land and a few stands.

And the internal memory bump, the sensor bar and the NN Premium program. Also black color.

I already know I'm alone in thinking this, but I feel Wii U's launch lineup is too strong. Think Vita. It's got tons of top tier exclusives, multiplats, and ports, too many for most people to afford (or have the time to play through if they can) in that short if time. I guess if Nintendo can keep the train rolling like that post launch then awesome, but history has proven that to be a tough challenge.

30 minutes into Direct: ,,Well damn, this looks even more underwhelming than expected and then they want 300 bucks for this...''
Final 10 minutes kick in: ,,*Plinkett voice* Oh my goooood''
xgb1agkbww.gif

Day 1. Although when the hype settled down there's still concerns, but there's also already 200 hours of gameplay reserved by Monster Hunter alone.

Fjordson

Thanks for that OP. Was busy today and missed everything live, so coming onto GAF with the numerous Wii U threads was a little overwhelming :lol

Bayo 2 a Wii U exclusive is kinda crazy. Actually making me take a hard look at buying this thing now...

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
The activision rep said during the blops 2 presentation that the game would be 1080p/60fps on wii u. I hope he doesnt mean upscaled. Anyway if true, its a huge deal. To be able to render the game on more than double resolution compared to competitors says quite a lot about its power relative to those systems.

klier

Nice thread nibel, well done!

The lack of any new Pikmin 3 info is highly disturbing to me.
But that does mean they're working hard on it, probably...

Ein Bear

Brilliant thread thanks for making it, was getting hard keeping track of all these different threads :p

Priced much higher than I was expecting (retailers seem to have settled on £300 for the premium pack over here), but still good and hyped for it! Bayonetta 2. My god.

Nosgoroth

Not bothered about either. I'll be using my external HDD, already have a sensor bar and God knows what the NN Premium Program actually is.

Yep, me too, I'm going to use an HDD (500GB 2'5") and already have my sensor bar. The program thing is a 10% discount on all digital purchases. Sort of, it's not really a direct discount.

Nibel

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm dead certain that's only for US. In both EU and JP you'll be able to buy additional Wii U Gamepads at launch. Also curious on the Swedish price. Still nothing confirmed but I assume it's going to be a whopping 2999/3499 -- higher than any other region.

EDIT: Just got a mail from GAME confirming me that you'll be able to buy additional gamepads at launch. Still no price on it though.

Good OP, you're UK prices are a little off though
Retailers have settled around £250 for the base pack and £300 for the premium

Thanks guys - updated the OP!
Thanks for the feedback so far!

Also. Is Nintendo Land a download or retail disc! I would think with the bigger storage it make sense for it to be installed or be a download ticket.
From a website you GO for NINTENDO news:
I was surprised to see just how many of you guys and gals wanted to know what sort of packaging Nintendo Land would given inside of the Wii U premium bundle. As you remember, Wii Sports was a paper sleeve. Would Nintendo Land get the same treatment?

At your request, I posed this question to Nintendo's Marc Franklin. He said that Nintendo Land will indeed be a physical disc and not pre-installed software on the system. As far as the packaging, he honestly didn't know. He also said it was good to hear this kind of feedback. Let's hope that all adds up to the decision for an official case at launch!
Edit: good job Nibel

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Watching the Japanese Nintendo Direct I missed yesterday.

The web browser seems excellent, night and day with the 3DS one.

Conor 419

Banned
Thank you Nibel, we needed this.

1| Do we know whether this shit will support a headset yet?
2| Do we know fuck all about the online yet?

DNF

well done op. maybe you could add another list with confirmed games outside of the launch window ?

Top Bottom