• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U September Conference Summary Thread

100% confirmed via interviews @ NY event:

North America

NintendoLand
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU
Asssassin's Creed III
Madden NFL 13
FIFA Soccer 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Darksiders II

Launch titles in other territories so probably also coming on launch day in the US:

Rayman Legends
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Batman Arkham City - Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II

edit: sorry for doublepost ... I'm still used to the lightning fast pace from yesterday^^

This is a sick launch lineup. The fact that I've been without a gaming console for over a year undoubtably makes it look better to me than people with working 360/PS3s, but it's still impressive nontheless.

18-Volt

It seems all of the announced Wii U games (except for 3: Bayonetta 2, Bioshock Infinite and Injustice) are to be released in launch window. Presuming work on Bayonetta 2 is just started, 2013 will be a very empty year for Nintendo. There's nothing on the horizon. I hope Nintendo delivers in E3 2013. We need more games. Yes, more.

v1oz

Is the new Wii Remote Plus with the new packaging improved over the old one? The Nunchuk wii mote should be sold together.

jonno394

It seems all of the announced Wii U games (except for 3: Bayonetta 2, Bioshock Infinite and Injustice) are to be released in launch window. Presuming work on Bayonetta 2 is just started, 2013 will be a very empty year for Nintendo. There's nothing on the horizon. I hope Nintendo delivers in E3 2013. We need more games. Yes, more.

Nintendo have very much purposefully stuck t only promoting games that will be available close to and around Launch. Recent times have seen Nintendo rarely promoting games until about 6 months before launch, so in turns of their own output, I am not that concerned.

jacksrb

Great OP Nibel!

Nice to have a place to talk through everything in a more consolidated fashion.

I was really pleased yesterday about the following:
- Was expecting just the Base bundle in 2 colors AND am really excited about Nintendo Land, so I was pumped about the Deluxe set with the extra internal memory and pack in
- Great to see BLOPS2 and 007 Legends confirmed - both look really good
- Very pleased about BLOPS 2 supporting the wiimote and nunchuck control scheme
- Love seeing more Nintendo Land details
- Excited about the challenge stuff in NSMBU

I was disappointed by the following:
- Wanted to see the OS
- Wanted to hear more about the online/friends lists
- Wanted to see the rest of Nintendo Land / Pre-loaded applications

Overall, very solid conference and excited about Nov 18th 12:01 am.

D-e-f-

Banned

There is no BioShock Infinite on Wii U.

Bayonetta 2 has been in development since forever.

Is the new Wii Remote Plus with the new packaging improved over the old one? The Nunchuk wii mote should be sold together.

It's the exact same Wii Remote Plus.

And they are, Europe and Japan have the Wiimote Plus & Nunchuck & Sensor Bar bundle for about 50,-

Boerseun

Banned

Since Wii U is compatible with Wii accessories one has to presume it will be the same as the Wii Remote Plus for Wii, in other words a Wii Remote with Motion Plus built in.

Great OP Nibel!

Nice to have a place to talk through everything in a more consolidated fashion.

I was really pleased yesterday about the following:
- Was expecting just the Base bundle in 2 colors AND am really excited about Nintendo Land, so I was pumped about the Deluxe set with the extra internal memory and pack in
- Great to see BLOPS2 and 007 Legends confirmed - both look really good
- Very pleased about BLOPS 2 supporting the wiimote and nunchuck control scheme
- Love seeing more Nintendo Land details
- Excited about the challenge stuff in NSMBU

Overall, very solid conference and excited about Nov 18th 12:01 am.

Yes, yes, yes, oh sweet heavens, YES!

I sure hope Gearbox are paying attention.

-swoon- @ Wii U launch. :3

now I just need to keep saving up for the games.

My wallet is not ready!!! D:<

Same here.

I can see the Wii U launch eating into the funds I've set aside for OUYA next year.

Hoodbury

Good conference, good day. I'm happy!

Wasn't Jackson touting some big Scribblenauts news yesterday? I haven't seen what that was yet, does anyone know what the big news was?

Just wanted to thank you, Nibel. Great OP, great idea for a thread.

Now... AMAZON? ARE YOU OUT THERE? Why won't you take my money?

Kokonoe

Banned
This is a nicely done thread.

Anyways, it seems the premium set is the one for me, I couldn't imagine getting the less expensive one.

Posted this on Cheap Arse Gaffer (Euro):
Zavvi has the Wii U for preorder now:
http://www.zavvi.com/offers/wii-u-announcement.list
Zombie U Bundle = £299.99 (includes Pro controller but no Nintendo Land)
Add in Nintendo Land the total = £339.74
Thus cheaper than other sites...like Shopto, which is £324.85 for Wii U + Zombie U bundle sans Nintendo Land and GAME group, who's description still includes Nintendo Land in their bundle at £349.99

OP should be updated to reflect that the "HDD's" are in fact flash storage. Right now the specs read:

8GB HDD
32GB HDD

When in fact they should red:

8GB flash storage
32gb flash storage

It's a very important distinction. "HDD" is the acronym for "hard disk drive," which neither of the two Wii U SKU's have.

ant1532

Banned
Does nintendo not understand how necessary it is to release Pikmin before christmas so I can play it during holiday break?? A new nintendo system and a new pikmin during winter holiday would be fucking ace.

jacksrb

Was Batman there yesterday? Has anyone seen reports regarding how the game is shaping up compared with the E3 build?

I am VERY interested in playing it as I haven't played either on the other consoles and I know that optimization is one of the last things to go in - but those screen shots looked pretty iffy yesterday.

IdeaMan, if those WB fools in Montreal are your source, fill us in with an update...

dkeane

Preordered!

One thing I'm wondering... Nintendo said in the past retail games will be available for download from the eShop.
Did we get any more confirmation about this? Will all games be up there? I'd prefer to have something like Mario always available without disk swapping.

Hoodbury

Preordered!

One thing I'm wondering... Nintendo said in the past retail games will be available for download from the eShop.
Did we get any more confirmation about this? Will all games be up there? I'd prefer to have something like Mario always available without disk swapping.

They've always said just first party games will be. They're trying to get 3rd parties to offer their games as DD as well but it's up to the publisher.

Nibel

OP should be updated to reflect that the "HDD's" are in fact flash storage. Right now the specs read:

8GB HDD
32GB HDD

When in fact they should red:

8GB flash storage
32gb flash storage

It's a very important distinction. "HDD" is the acronym for "hard disk drive," which neither of the two Wii U SKU's have.

Updated OP, thanks!
And special thanks to D-e-f-!

I'm still putting everything together :)

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Does nintendo not understand how necessary it is to release Pikmin before christmas so I can play it during holiday break?? A new nintendo system and a new pikmin during winter holiday would be fucking ace.

Hopefully they've heard the E3 feedbacks and improve the ground textures/add a neat online mode. I think it's a good move, the launch window is already pretty cluttered.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yay I was waiting for this new thread.

I am pretty pleased after yesterday- Monster Hunter coming in March clinched things for me.

Overall, some more Japanese stuff was announced, but honestly outside of Monster Hunter it was all Tecmo Koei. I would not be surprised at all if a few other Japanese announcements trickle out in the next week or so with TGS coming- namely Namco and possibly Level 5.

Level5 has just announced that Inazuma Eleven Strikers 13 is just for the Wii (no Wii U version up to now).
I'm starting to think that yesterday's announcment (plus DQ, Tank, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden and Sega all star) are the only titles available in Japan for the launch window.
Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll get some little surprise at TGS!

Hoodbury

Hopefully they've heard the E3 feedbacks and improve the ground textures/add a neat online mode. I think it's a good move, the launch window is already pretty cluttered.

I can see them adding more textures and clean ups of that sort, but do you really think they could add online this late in the ball game?

I didn't see a headset in the list of peripherals. Does this mean no VOIP for COD BO II or are you supposed to use the microphone?

The WiiU launch is such a debacle to me

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I can see them adding more textures and clean ups of that sort, but do you really think they could add online this late in the ball game?

Maybe they already worked on it for months/years since the Wii build but set it aside for the release on Wii U, etc. There are a lot of possible scenarios.

But well, at the very least we'll have Miiverse for it, and perhaps some hard "accomplishments" to compare with the friend list, etc.

Hoodbury

Why would you want the pro controller for playing zombie u? Half of the game revolves around the touch screen.
The local multiplayer portion of the game has one person using the gamepad, and the other using the pro controller.
I didn't see a headset in the list of peripherals. Does this mean no VOIP for COD BO II or are you supposed to use the microphone?

The WiiU launch is such a debacle to me

Of course there will be VOIP. The gamepad has a mic and headphone jack built in. Otherwise the Wii headset for CoD will work too. And I wouldn't be surprised if a new headset is announced.

daakusedo

Until yesterday pikmin was looking like a close to launch game.
Now we will see if its absence means more time to work on it or news simply coming in the following weeks.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Level5 has just announced that Inazuma Eleven Strikers 13 is just for the Wii (no Wii U version up to now).
I'm starting to think that yesterday's announcment (plus DQ, Tank, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden and Sega all star) are the only titles available in Japan for the launch window.

Naaaah, at this point I think it'd be VERY strange if they'd have just...what, Ken Musou and Tank!Tank!Tank! from third parties after launch? I'm betting we'll see several announcements on Famitsu, Jump...announcements which will enrich the launch window lineup.

mgcastro

Amazing OP Nibel.

Yesterday Nintendo gave us:
- Glorious Bayonetta 2 reactions.
- Games for all tastes.
- Decent hardware offering
, a friend of mine should be able to provide the PS4-Xbox720 experiences ;)
; the gamepad has potential in my opinion.
- Prices seem good.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

That seems a bit odd. Wii is so dead in Japan.

18-Volt

Nintendo have very much purposefully stuck t only promoting games that will be available close to and around Launch. Recent times have seen Nintendo rarely promoting games until about 6 months before launch, so in turns of their own output, I am not that concerned.

But they DO promote games that have more than a year (or even 2 years) to their release date. There are still many games announced first with 3DS that haven't been released; Animal Crossing and Paper Mario. Resident Evil: R, Kid Icarus and Kingdom Hearts released almost year after their announcements.

Horizon titles helps the sales a lot. People say "There are not many good titles now but upcoming games are wonderful, I'm getting this console". We have to know what Nintendo have in their sleeves in first day. What's waiting for us in the future, who's making games for the console, who has projects in progress, these are the stuff people has to know before console releases. We have to know that console has a solid future.

TDLink

5th Cell and Frozenbyte have both confirmed their games (Scribblenauts Unlimited and Trine 2: Director's Cut, respectively) are slated for launch day.

3417944_o.gif

Top Bottom