• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U September Conference Summary Thread

Diman

Nice thread.
One thread, to rule them all.

I'm really glad nintendoland will be included. It's a shame japan is backstabbed again, with not having a launch game included.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
@Nibel: I think that you could add the Zombi U bundle Premium Pack for PAL regions in the OP: Price is 389 €, contents are all the Premium ones minus Land, plus Zombi U and a CCPRO (black)

Nibel

Can it play GameCube games?

Nope. But you know, maybe one day they'll release the most important games digitally. I mean, come on: we talk about a 10 year old console that you still can buy almost everywhere.

@Nibel: I think that you could add the Zombi U bundle Premium Pack for PAL regions in the OP: Price is 389 €, contents are all the Premium ones minus Land, plus Zombi U and a CCPRO (black)

I put it in the "Differences Between Regions" section, thanks!

tumblr_m8u10fk5BH1ryiagzo1_500.gif

You've out done yourself on the OP Nibel. You rock!

I like this gif.

Nibel

Fist of the north star 2? that came out of nowhere. Was the first game any good?

Played the first one on my 360 - well, it was ok. Not the best animations, very Japanese if you will. But I had some fun with it because of all the crazy moves that you got and the story goes crazier and crazier

d[-_-]b

Banned
Thanks nibz for the awesome summary post, first day I woke up confused, slept through 1 conference and had class during the others.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yay I was waiting for this new thread.

I am pretty pleased after yesterday- Monster Hunter coming in March clinched things for me.

Overall, some more Japanese stuff was announced, but honestly outside of Monster Hunter it was all Tecmo Koei. I would not be surprised at all if a few other Japanese announcements trickle out in the next week or so with TGS coming- namely Namco and possibly Level 5.

D-e-f-

Banned
THANK YOU NIBEL!!! We've desperately needed a home base.

Some OP additions:

Every Japanese Premium Set includes Dragon Quest X Wii U Beta Access!

Both the ZombiU bundle and the MH3U bundle will also include a black Pro Controller (and they're bundled with the Premium SKU) that's why they're more expensive

GamePads aren't sold seperately in ALL territories. Not even Japan. The only difference is that Japan has already announced their standalone price.

Nibel

THANK YOU NIBEL!!! We've desperately needed a home base.

Some OP additions:

Every Japanese Premium Set includes Dragon Quest X Wii U Beta Access!

Both the ZombiU bundle and the MH3U bundle will also include a black Pro Controller (and they're bundled with the Premium SKU) that's why they're more expensive

GamePads aren't sold seperately in ALL territories. Not even Japan. The only difference is that Japan has already announced their standalone price.

Very good! Thanks!

DrWong

So despite all the "keep the hype in check" before the Yesterdayton we not only had new games announcement but also exclusives titles and the first big Wii U/3DS cross featured game (I wonder how many others will goes this route, wasn't there an Eshop title supposed to offer crossplay...?). I don't know for you guys but for me it was better than E3 and even if I was already sold (tested it at an event) it increased my hype by a nextgen factor (x10).

What I find really interesting now is what could eventually be announced at TGS because I'm sure some publishers (Level 5 ?) have announcements in the waiting.

And what about the console features (NFC, Miiverse) which weren't really demoed?

Haunted

Good idea for a thread.

Here's hoping they'll make a bundle with a pro controller like they do in Japan.

D-e-f-

Banned
No prices on any of the accessories?

I hope the pro controller doesn't cost too much...

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/13/3323140/wii-u-pro-controller-price-release-date

Wii U Pro Controller -> US$49.99

Wii Remote Plus Additional Set (Wiimote Plus / Nunchuck / Sensor Bar) only announced for Japan & EU. Costs ¥5,250 (no EU price yet)

GamePad price won't be talked about until they're actually selling them.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/246602441250992128

"The ZombiU Pack is like the #WiiU Premium Pack but instead of Nintendo Land it includes the #ZombiU game and a black Wii U Pro Controller. "

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks for this thread, helpful for me who missed the entire series of events.

Bayonetta 2 is huge, and really the biggest thing the console has going for it.

I wanted to buy a PS3 now they are somewhat cheap, but this coming out at 350 made my mind change, I think I might grab one with the ZombU. Unless the PS3 get more discount.

ASIS

in one day I went from "meh" to WANT!

I'll be getting this day 1 for sure.

Also, dem Wiimote Boxes!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I've been pretty lukewarm towards Reggie as of late, but when he confessed his loved for Breaking Bad, he got me back in his corner.

Awesome OP btw.

Glad I have a new home thread for the moment, the disjointed threads all talking about the same thing were getting annoying.

Great OP btw, Nibel.

Hmm, you sure? IGN said that Japan would have standalone gamepads at launch, I think. Of course, they've been wrong many, many, many times before. Many. But they've been correct equally as many times too.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
until the big Wii U Launch Thread will be opened 2 weeks before release.
That'd be one week before release, according to forum rules. Also, I've been thinking about what's best, to have one big thread for all regional releases or separate threads for US, EU, Japan and other territories. One big thread I think is the better choice, easier to keep everything in place. I've already started work on that thread (I reserved it some time ago), mostly in text form. And you mentioned you wanted to do the graphics.

Azure J

I am still basking in the glow from yesterday's events. Based Bayonetta is back, I just still can't believe it.

D-e-f-

Banned
Wait, so are just the launch window games announced for the US but not the actual launch titles? Do we know what games will be on sale for day one?

100% confirmed via interviews @ NY event:

North America

NintendoLand
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU
Asssassin's Creed III
Madden NFL 13
FIFA Soccer 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Darksiders II

Launch titles in other territories so probably also coming on launch day in the US:

Rayman Legends
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Batman Arkham City - Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II

edit: sorry for doublepost ... I'm still used to the lightning fast pace from yesterday^^

100% confirmed via interviews @ NY event:

North America

NintendoLand
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU
Asssassin's Creed III
Madden NFL 13
FIFA Soccer 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Darksiders II

Launch titles in other territories so probably also coming on launch day in the US:

Rayman Legends
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Batman Arkham City - Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II

edit: sorry for doublepost ... I'm still used to the lightning fast pace from yesterday^^

My gosh that's a killer launch. I think I might have to go with COD and AC III. Still undecided on what bundle though. If I thought the wife would play Nintendo Land with me I might go with the premium bundle. Although that plus two games and a pro controller would be quite a big chunk of money..

Top Bottom