• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Skylanders Bundle for $199 at ToysRus.com!

Is the digital promotion/10% off digital purchases still a thing for Deluxe Wii Us? I'm buying a Wii U soon, but don't want to buy a standard one like this if it's more expensive in the long run

it ends next month. there is no reason anymore to buy a deluxe Wii U over a basic one, 32 GB or 8 GB, you're gonna need an external drive anyway sooner or later

Vena

Managed to snag this for my cousin finally. She and her kid should be plenty happy... or mad that she'll have to buy him toys. >.>

goldenpp72

I remember buying this last year and selling the gold figure alone for 60 bucks, wonder what it's worth these days?

Xamdou

Damn helped my bro get a that brand new Super mario 3D w/ Nintendoland Wii U bundle for $300 last Friday. If we only waited he could have saved $100 and got this instead... next year I ain't buying anything unless Black Friday sales!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is this still available?? It's telling me not available online and no stores within 50 miles of me have it in stock..

ironcreed

Banned
$200 is an absolute steal for a new Wii U. Such a killer little system and I pity anyone who does not want to buy one at that kind of a price.

Ermac

Well, gonna be F5ing for the next hour. What weird is earlier it said Ship To Home was available, but when I clicked it it didn't add it to my cart.

So do digital games play just as well on HDD as on the console itself?
Yeah. Search on YouTube and you can find a video comparing load times of MH3U between internal flash, external HDD, external SSD, and disc. They were all very close to each other.

I also own a 32gb with a HDD and never notice the difference when I have moved the game between external and internal (although I didn't get out a stopwatch and time anything).

Ermac

So this deal is done? Is there other place I can buy a Wii U basic?

Ultimadrago

So this deal is done? Is there other place I can buy a Wii U basic?

I put in an order through NewEgg (for Toys R Us), but I don't know if they'll honor it or not yet.

Yeah. Search on YouTube and you can find a video comparing load times of MH3U between internal flash, external HDD, external SSD, and disc. They were all very close to each other.

I also own a 32gb with a HDD and never notice the difference when I have moved the game between external and internal (although I didn't get out a stopwatch and time anything).

Sweet! Did you also use a Y-cable to ensure more power to decrease freezes? Also are there a bunch of system memory required downloads? If you kept largely, let's say system updates would I be only left with 500MB free currently?

Manus

Anyone get this and had it shipped yet? I paid extra for standard shipping and the thing is still being processed.

Manus

Mine hasn't shipped either.

Okay good not just me than. Their site shows a average of two days being processed but i ordered the thing Thursday night. They might not count Saturday as a day though no clue. Delivery estimate they gave me was Dec 2-5.

Has this actually shipped for anyone yet? It still says "item located in stock" for me despite ordering it late Thursday night.

Manus

Has this actually shipped for anyone yet? It still says "item located in stock" for me despite ordering it late Thursday night.

Nope still not seeing mine shipped either. I called customer service and the assured me it would be delivered by the 5th. First time ordering online from them so no clue if this is what they normally do.

Nope still not seeing mine shipped either. I called customer service and the assured me it would be delivered by the 5th. First time ordering online from them so no clue if this is what they normally do.

I'm just worried that they don't actually have the stock the fulfill it and it will get canceled. I'm going to contact customer service later.

Manus

Yeah the rep really couldn't give me a reason why it hasn't shipped. I ordered it early on the 27th and their still in stock on their website.

Ultimadrago

Yeah the rep really couldn't give me a reason why it hasn't shipped. I ordered it early on the 27th and their still in stock on their website.

Yep. Same boat. Im ready to get charged already but they arent having it. Ive called twice with the same "We dont know." Well find out and ship the damn thing please

None of this sounds good. I'm going to be pissed if this gets canceled and I missed out on other deals to buy this one.

Edit: I talked to customer service, they said they were having stock problems with it, but I couldn't find out much more than that.

FlipCup

Neo Member
Best thing about this deal is you can part out the following and sell it on eBay:

- Skylanders Starter Pack ($30)
- Nintendoland ($15)

This will net you $45 bucks making the Wii U about $155

Great deal.

Good news, it looks like the tracking is just broken. I just got my Wii U and the website still says it hasn't shipped. So maybe everyone else's console in on the way too.

Manus

Good news, it looks like the tracking is just broken. I just got my Wii U and the website still says it hasn't shipped. So maybe everyone else's console in on the way too.

Oh nice. Curious to when you got charged for it. My payment is still pending the rep said wouldn't go through till it ships.

Uh, wait. This wasn't from ToysRUs. I ordered WiiU games from Bestbuy (they had a 40% off deal) and they sent me a Mario 3D World WiiU bundle instead of the game....and didn't charge me for it.

So I just got a free console...now I need to see if I can cancel this one.. Hah.

Ermac

Uh, wait. This wasn't from ToysRUs. I ordered WiiU games from Bestbuy (they had a 40% off deal) and they sent me a Mario 3D World WiiU bundle instead of the game....and didn't charge me for it.

So I just got a free console...now I need to see if I can cancel this one.. Hah.

If you end up getting both I'll buy one off you for a reasonable price :)

Top Bottom