• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmd. Pishad'aç;34383210 said:
Something tells me you're still a virgin.

Give up on sex over info about Wii U...
I could do it.

But I have a really good memory. I can recall scents, sounds, touch, and any other sensation I go through. So my hand can feel like the best any time I want it too.

The joys of being genetically altered.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Luckily I have the exciting NFL offseason to help me deal with the wait.
NINERS BITCHES!

Yeah I'm sure the Bucs will hire the EXCITE Jim Caldwell while Atlanta drafts another WR with whatever high picks we have left. Awesome stuff.

As for the playoffs, Eli-te all the way!

why does anyone care about specs? as powerful or slightly more powerful than 360/PS3 is just fine at this point.

the Wii's biggest problem is that it isnt HD.

think about it.

we've all seen the dolphin images of galaxy 2 and skyward sword. those are just great. and if 2 gamecubes taped together can produce those graphics, than i think a significantly more powerful system than that in HD will be enough for the next gen.

especially if its going to keep me from paying something like '599 US dollars'.

right?

Instro

why does anyone care about specs? as powerful or slightly more powerful than 360/PS3 is just fine at this point.

the Wii's biggest problem is that it isnt HD.

think about it.

we've all seen the dolphin images of galaxy 2 and skyward sword. those are just great. and if 2 gamecubes taped together can produce those graphics, than i think a significantly more powerful system than that in HD will be enough for the next gen.

especially if its going to keep me from paying something like '599 US dollars'.

right?

Well there's nothing else to really speculate about other than specs or games.

Do you guys realize that if you keep up this pace (yesterday/today) we will be opening our Wii U Speculation Thread 4 late May/early June?!?!? This wait is going to be insane.

I would give up sex for 139 days if I could go to the future and just see Nintendo's 2012 E3 Press Conference. It would be better then waiting 139 days without Wii U info.

Who's with me?

I'm not being serious........ kinda.
I think that'd be even harder - knowing everything but the price, release date, and launch titles, but not being able to discuss it with anyone until E3...

I'm not a fan of horror in any media format, but as soon as I saw the Wii-U setup I thought it screamed for a Lovecraftian horror game where you play a detective investigating weird deaths. What you see on the TV screen is the normal world you move around in. Meanwhile the controller screen acts as the physical analog to an arcane object you get in game that allows your character to "part the veil" and see what should not be seen. Got it all worked out in my head. Who do I give the sales pitch to? :p

ReyVGM

One thing has been bothering me for quite awhile. Maybe some knowledgeable people will ease my concerns. Will Wii U be capable of displaying visuals at the level of Zelda demo with decent IQ, namely 720p and decent AA? IQ and horrible texture quality have been by far the worst problems of HD twins. If Wii U can do away with those horrors I will be a happy camper! Everything else is secondary to me.

To answer your question, look at the comparisons between the previous Zelda demos and the actual released games:

N64
zelda-1.png

Gamecube (It should be wind waker, but then it wouldn't match)
zelda-2.png

Wii U, we saw this
zelda-3.jpg

We'll get ??

Anth0ny

Do you guys realize that if you keep up this pace (yesterday/today) we will be opening our Wii U Speculation Thread 4 late May/early June?!?!? This wait is going to be insane.

I would give up sex for 139 days if I could go to the future and just see Nintendo's 2012 E3 Press Conference. It would be better then waiting 139 days without Wii U info.

Who's with me?

I'm not being serious........ kinda.

I'd easily give up sex.

gotta love fapping

but really, I finish school in April. Once that happens, time will fly. E3 will be here in no time!

Skiesofwonder

I think that'd be even harder - knowing everything but the price, release date, and launch titles, but not being able to discuss it with anyone until E3...

I never said you couldn't tell. That's the best part! Personally I would keep most everything to myself but have a puzzle/riddle of the week that gave vague hints to what you guys MIGHT see.

It would be my own little Dojo update system (without japan time).

Skiesofwonder

I'd easily give up sex.

gotta love fapping

but really, I finish school in April. Once that happens, time will fly. E3 will be here in no time!

Possibly....

I finish spring semester early May, then I have the Zelda Symphony on May 12th. After that, it's going to be a long wait filled with a ton more free time to wonder. Maybe I'll take some summer classes.. or a nice long vacation.

Edit: actually the second time I read it I sense some sarcasm.

Bullza2o

Possibly....

I finish spring semester early May, then I have the Zelda Symphony on May 12th. After that, it's going to be a long wait filled with a ton more free time to wonder. Maybe I'll take some summer classes.. or a nice long vacation.

Edit: actually the second time I read it I sense some sarcasm.

I have my finals the week of E3 :(

Quarter system ftl.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Two things:

Nintendo should definitely release and updated wiimote with the console. Make M+ the standard, improve the wiimote and nunchuck. (maybe more face buttons, rechargeable, etc.)
Motion controls are necessary in consoles nowadays. Fitness and dance games are here to stay and cant be replicated in portables, mobile, etc. Motion controls will sell systems. Pointer controls should definitely stay and improve next gen, one of the most important contributions of the wii for """""traditional""" genres.

Hopefully nintendo resolved the 1 upad per system limitation. Again, local multiplayer gaming is what sold the Wii to the masses. One pad per system is a HUGE and confusing limitation. A big mistake if the 1 pad per system remains. This would definitely put me on the fence from purchasing Wii U. Think about what this means. Any awesome possibilities with the pad cannot be implemented for local multi games. No playcalling/ stylus controls for sports games, no inventory selection for action games, no second screen stuff for puzzle games. All we will get will be gimmicky 1 pad, 3 wiimote games.

I could care less about the graphics being 10x current gen consoles. My PC is probably already better than what the WiiU will offer. What I want from a console is pure fun, local multi stuff.

Emitan

They need to improve Motion Plus. Zelda was aggravating because the controls didn't work for me a lot of the time.

boiled goose

good with gravy
They need to improve Motion Plus. Zelda was aggravating because the controls didn't work for me a lot of the time.

They should allow backwards compatibility but release a new improved wiimote on the system.

They should also change the look of the console itself. Right now it looks like an uglier Wii. It seems they did not learn with the 3DS branding issues. The name is similar enough. Make the console look a bit more unique.

royalan

It would be nice if they released the dualshock 2 of the wiimote, but I think the most we can expect is a streamlined wiimote with motion+ integrated and components slimmed down to reduce the cost.

An truly upgraded wiimote along with the uPad would just be way too expensive.

Wiimote needs no further improvement, you can see how the PS move tracks 1:1 in some aspects better than wiimote but that doesn't translate quite well to games.

Table Tenis on PS Move boosts some impressive control, really feels like you're there, but it is also way harder to play than WSR Table Tennis, which is motion controlled but retains the arcade style.

A Wii Sports with online play is an assured Killer App.

I see people say this, but like 8 times out of 10 its because they didn't realize that when you brought up a menu, or an item how ever you had the wiimote pointing was considered the center of the screen.

boiled goose

good with gravy
It would be nice if they released the dualshock 2 of the wiimote, but I think the most we can expect is a streamlined wiimote with motion+ integrated and components slimmed down to reduce the cost.

An truly upgraded wiimote along with the uPad would just be way too expensive.

Either is fine. Just make is a serious controller option for devs and gamers.

royalan

Cmd. Pishad'aç;34385322 said:
A Wii Sports with online play is an assured Killer App.

Why does everyone think another Wii Sports will do for the Wii U what it did for the Wii? I don't think people are considering why Wii Sports worked so well with the Wii (namely, it was the perfect showcase for the Wii's never before seen, movement-based control interface).

I don't think lightening will strike twice, in that regard.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Why does everyone think another Wii Sports will do for the Wii U what it did for the Wii? I don't think people are considering why Wii Sports worked so well with the Wii (namely, it was the perfect showcase for the Wii's never before seen, movement-based control interface).

it wont. novelty has surely worn off.
played kinect sports the other day with some friends. lets just say we did not play for too long.

it is amazing how much nintendo really brought to the mainstream last gen. Fitness games, motion sports games, lifestyle gaming ads, etc. all pretty much copied by the competition.

Lightning *did* strike twice, this is why. Wii Sports Resort sold amazingly well. People love those Wii Sports games. It's not hard to believe it would strike a third time.

As for changing the Wii Remote controllers, that would remove one of the Wii-U's biggest advantages: roughly 90 million households already have controllers for the Wii-U, and don't need to buy new ones. Or something like 20+ million if all Wii-Remote games require the Motion Plus.

Lightning *did* strike twice, this is why. Wii Sports Resort sold amazingly well. People love those Wii Sports games. It's not hard to believe it would strike a third time.

Especially with the new interface. That drastically reduces the redundancy that could have come from just using Wiimotes for another game in the series.

guek

Banned
They could still put out a new wiimote though that has a rechargable battery. How much would it cost for them to include an induction pad for the upad and rechargable wiimotes? Probably too much *sigh*

Deguello

Lightning already did strike twice. Wii Sports Resort sold more than 25 million units.

Wii U Sports probably IS being made (according to that reel from last E3), and the reason is they are seeing the aforementioned sales of Wii Sports Resort and know that even if half of the people who bought it return, that's still 12 million people waiting to buy the next version and a Wii U along with it.

Also the potential of new sports being facilitated by the Wii U controller makes this a worthy project (think beach volleyball where one person sets and the other spikes. Asymmetric gameplay. Believe.)

Penguin

I don't think it will be as big as it was this gen, but the Wii brand is one of Nintendo's bigger IPs now, and it will carry them far.

I also think, their big push will be asymmetric game play. I'm still not sure what it brings to the table, but that's for them to sell.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Here's a hardware suggestion. Make something that works. GC is still one of the most reliable consoles ever made.

I'm frustrated. My Wii won't read dual layer discs, I got rid of my 360 a long time ago because it was scratching discs (no I didn't move the console) and replaced it w/a PS3. Now I've got the YLOD. I really hope Nintendo payed attention to the problems of hardware reliability this gen. It's completely unacceptable from a consumer and business standpoint.

Emitan

I see people say this, but like 8 times out of 10 its because they didn't realize that when you brought up a menu, or an item how ever you had the wiimote pointing was considered the center of the screen.

Motion controls were messed up, not pointing.

royalan

As for changing the Wii Remote controllers, that would remove one of the Wii-U's biggest advantages: roughly 90 million households already have controllers for the Wii-U, and don't need to buy new ones. Or something like 20+ million if all Wii-Remote games require the Motion Plus.

And what came with Wii Sports Resort? A tablet attachment? Or an add-on promising even greater precision and degrees of movement for motion controls?

Don't get me wrong, I thought Wii Sports was great. But I don't think the appeal of that series matches the message Nintendo is sending with the Wii U and the uPad, which doesn't promote active movement the same way the wiimote does.

And by "striking twice," I meant becoming a cultural phenomenon and selling consoles more effectively than big budget, AAA titles.

I could see a Wii-U Sports being big, and a system seller at launch. They need to make it online, with mostly new sports, and maybe 2 classic ones, and it needs to have a mix of Wiimote, WIi-U tab stuff.

Motion controls were messed up, not pointing.

That includes the motion controls. So flying the beetle, where ever your wiimote was point, and by this I mean the angle you were holding it, is considered 0,0,0 so all movements were based on that. It was that way with everything motion controlled in the game.

I had 0 messed up motion controls in my play through.

Emitan

That includes the motion controls. So flying the beetle, where ever your wiimote was point, and by this I mean the angle you were holding it, is considered 0,0,0 so all movements were based on that. It was that way with everything motion controlled in the game.

I had 0 messed up motion controls in my play through.

I know how they worked, the game is 40 hours long! I'm saying that they didn't work for me or my best friend. The motion sensing still has issues.

Deguello

Wasting development time on a game that doesn't have blood and guns and tits.

Ehhh, don't put words in his mouth.

Although I am curious if he realizes that he's implying that if something doesn't become such a megahit that it becomes a cultural phenomenon, then it's not worth doing. That's an... interesting position to take, all things considered.

Ehhh, don't put words in his mouth.

Although I am curious if he realizes that he's implying that if something doesn't become such a megahit that it becomes a cultural phenomenon, then it's not worth doing. That's an... interesting position to take, all things considered.

Ehhh, don't tell me what to do. :p

I can understand idea, I think - if you come at it from a Wii U needs a mass-market game early in it's life to sell the system so it becomes successful and 3rd parties develop for it and Wii Sports may not be it point-of-view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom