• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrell

God told me if I made one more completely unnecessary dick joke that he'd doom me to being the sexual toy of Seagal.

I said "Ummm... far as I know he's straight God."

God looked at me with his Jewish nipples and said "I can make him want you."

That's when I learned you don't fuck with God. Motherfucker is unhinged.

Dude, of course he's unhinged! First he asks his groupies to go kill a metric fuckton of Spaniards, then he apparently buried some large golden tablets somewhere and then took a stroll to get a beer at the Westboro Baptist Church, where he proceeded to get drunk and claim we're all going to hell because of EVERYTHING.

Dude, of course he's unhinged! First he asks his groupies to go kill a metric fuckton of Spaniards, then he apparently buried some large golden tablets somewhere and then took a stroll to get a beer at the Westboro Baptist Church, where he proceeded to get drunk and claim we're all going to hell because of EVERYTHING.
But he makes the best damn crepes I've ever had.

I think he puts a dash of nutmeg in there.

Terrell

But he makes the best damn crepes I've ever had.

I think he puts a dash of nutmeg in there.

Still, man, you should just de-friend him from your Facebook already, you don't need to put up with that crap.

You know what I just realized? One of the things that made last gen's console war so awesome, more awesome than the epic trolls and the meltdowns, that has been taken from us.... CASTLE VIDCONS.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I actually scrolled back all the way up to make sure I was still in the Wii U thread instead of some "God doesn't want me to make more dick jokes, but he makes damn good crepes" thread.

I mean, what the fuck.

I actually scrolled back all the way up to make sure I was still in the Wii U thread instead of some "God doesn't want me to make more dick jokes, but he makes damn good crepes" thread.

I mean, what the fuck.
Sorry.

My brain was leaking for a minute there.

Thank God Cooky and Terrell were there to help scoop it up.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
in terms of % how many chance of some Wii U (official, leaked, hinted...) news at GDC next week? 10% just for faith?

Terrell

in terms of % how many chance of some Wii U (official, leaked, hinted...) news at GDC next week? 10% just for faith?

20% because devs are likely tired of keeping their mouths shut at a media event with a console being released THIS YEAR that they're making content for. I expect Nintendo's developer relations teams to be there to field questions from devs about what they can disclose without breach of NDA.

BY2K

Membero Americo

I can't give a percentage, but I'll say the chances are slim to none.

Also, Monkey, did you ever get those figs out of your rectum? I think they might be doing something to you.

BY2K

Membero Americo
10% for faith, 83498567645963259862398675928352345356356% for Ubisoft and their flappy (vagina) I mean PR.

Pfffff, if Ubisoft had something to leak, we would know already. The Nintendo Ninjas got them in check. They are not taking any chances.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
20% because devs are likely tired of keeping their mouths shut at a media event about a console being released THIS YEAR that they're making content for. I expect Nintendo's developer relations teams to be there to field questions from devs about what they can disclose without breach of NDA.

maybe as for japanese softco on Vita: no news because no game in development

(joking.gif)

Pfffff, if Ubisoft had something to leak, we would know already. The Nintendo Ninjas got them in check. They are not taking any chances.

I still remember Red Steel leaks!

So, as promised, i'll give you an information concerning the Wii U ram.

This is heavily linked to my initial post

In the specific context where i gathered this information (read the Warning part here), i can say that the retail version of Wii U will absolutely not have less than 1 GB of ram. You can ditch this 760mb of ram rumor and never look back.

The exciting bonus: From what i know, i'm also pretty sure that it will not have just 1 GB.

This is reported in a Rev4 dev kit frame, so maybe the later versions will change even more the ram situation. But whatever the amount of memory current dev kits have, i'm talking of the retail version*

*Yes, dev kits often have a different amount of ram for debugging and other things, but even if it may be the case for Wii U, my sources are able to know how much ram the real Wii U is expected to have, for the moment ! You can guess how.

Edit: more hints a few posts below :p

More to come about the padlet, before the end of the week :)

tumblr_m090kxx8Ao1qdqx43.gif

Cookychan

Banned
Been playing Mega Man X's iPhone port for a bit.
This gives me so much hope for MM on Wii U with modernised graphics.
Now where's that "Capcom would trust WayForward with Mega Man" article I read a few weeks ago?

Cookychan

Banned
I'm gunna liken it to this; Arkam has seen an earlier dev kit with bits missing (hell, early 3DS dev kits had no 3D apparently!) and IdeaMan has a more complete, close to actual retail kit.

I'm gunna liken it to this; Arkam has seen an earlier dev kit with bits missing (hell, early 3DS dev kits had no 3D apparently!) and IdeaMan has a more complete, close to actual retail kit.

Correction.

IdeaMan alleges to have connections that have access to a modern kit. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but I'll keep my natural pessimism thank you very much.

DCKing

So we've been suggested that there's more than 1GB of RAM in the Wii U several times now. Arkham has also said that the RAM is quite slow, and I vaguely recall this was hinted at before already (can't remember where). Combining this makes me think there's 1.5GB of RAM on a 96-bit bus. This is a smaller bus width than the PS3 and 360 use and at least superficially seems to be quite slow. In that case, if Nintendo uses DDR3 or GDDR3 they need to clock it quite high (>1050MHz) to even match the 360's bandwidth. Of course Nintendo can use GDDR5, which is twice as fast, or partially address bandwidth bottlenecks by using EDRAM scratchpads for both the GPU and CPU.

Of course, 1.5GB is very good to have. Even if only at 360 bandwidths.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The only real problem with Arkam was that he laid blame on the dev kit for their game having to be scaled back. Though when he talked about 1GB he meant in the dev kit, not the final. Sounded like his company had an earlier kit.
Which is exactly why I wasn't considering his information reliable before he was confirmed ;p

About IdeaMan, I'd honestly be much more willing to trust his information if he confirmed his status with the mods. Regardless, the little information he gave until now, within those fancy posts, seems consistent with what other sources said (unlike Arkam's information, which directly contradicted the RAM part). This doesn't mean he should be considered reliable, of course, but it also doesn't mean he shouldn't. The best course of action, for now, would probably be taking his information with a couple of grains of salt, and double-checking it with other sources. And waiting for concrete details, because if he's just repeating what other reputable sources said here to appear trustworthy and is actually bs'ing people, the backlash will be epic :)

darthdago

Me neither, although $399 equals $600 here in euroland. :( Oh, and there's no such thing as future proof.

Dont know what math you are doing here?! :))

Ok 399$ is normally 300 Euro (with the Euro I use here.
But like always with the console release if it would be an US price tag of 399$ it will be 399 Euro here (528$).

Log4Girlz

Ok, so let's see

Xbox 360 level of power with 1 GB of ram or less: 25% likelyhood
Between 1 and 3 times Xbox 360 level of power with 1 to 1.5 GB of RAM: 50% likelyhood
Greater than 4 x Xbox 360 level of power with over 1.5 GB of RAM: 25% likelyhood

That's how I feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom