• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDX

Will Nintendo have an answer to
Grand Turismo and Forza?

Or will a third party developer be willing to fill the spot?

I mentioned it a buncha pages ago, I think it was bgassassin who mentioned that off of something he heard (if I remember). So he'd have to speak on it.

I believe he did hear some rumblings and then the Circle Pad Pro kind of supported that, as it was revealed to have analog triggers. I think it was a cheap and stupid move to ever take them out of the Classic Controller Pro. Now, those owners are going to be SOL when it comes to the inevitable Gamecube VC titles.

Grand Turismo and Forza?

I have a feeling some DIRT game will be around launch as well as the obvious Need For Speed this year. Sim wise, i doubt it, but I dont think a Nintendo consoles needs it this eary as long as it checks the other bigger genre boxes.

Bullza2o

Grand Turismo and Forza?

Nintendo would not bother with licensing for every single car that they plan on including should they make a racing sim.

guek

Banned
Speaking of F-zero, what franchise do you guys think would be best for nintendo to use as a graphical showcase within the launch window? F-zero? Pikmin? Starfox? Mario?

Azure J

Speaking of F-zero, what franchise do you guys think would be best for nintendo to use as a graphical showcase within the launch window? F-zero? Pikmin? Starfox? Mario?

F-Zero or StarFox if we're talking things that can happen fast and be well received. Mario, Zelda & Metroid are the big guns though, especially Mario if they continue with the design processes they started with Galaxy and use all of Wii U's ability on the game. Pixar-like could be well within it's grasp thanks to its art style and direction in concept renders from the Galaxy days.

Thraktor

F-Zero, smooth 60FPS, 1080p, 12 Players Online.

NNNNHHHHHHHHGGGGGGG!!!

Only 12 player online? Thirty players or bust.

Also death race mode. Thirty player online death race or bust.

And X-Cup. Thirty player online X-Cup and death race or bust.

Ooh, and a track editor...

daakusedo

That's true the next mario will be fantastic to look at but the difficult task here is to succeed to galaxy games. Even if you have always someone to ask for mario 64 formula etc...
those games were so powerful. I hope Koizumi, like he said, has a lot of solid ideas.

guek

Banned
That's true the next mario will be fantastic to look at but the difficult task here is to succeed to galaxy games. Even if you have always someone to ask for mario 64 formula etc...
those games were so powerful. I hope Koizumi, like he said, has a lot of solid ideas.

Bigger. Bigger is better. I'm imagining colossal levels. Planetary objects that are dynamically changing. And of course, great core platforming. Whoo hoo!

If we're talking what I realistically expect to look good and make launch. Then I think Wave Race by Monster Games could be a good showcase. Pikmin 3, I think will come early next year and look very nice. I'm hoping NSMB gets a nice little facelift and looks great in motion. The assets certainly scale well in dolphin, so adding a bit more detail could go even further. I have no idea how far along Retro's Wii U game is, but it's sure to look fantastic. We'll probably see 3D Mario at e3, but it won't come out until late 2013. And it won't be Super Mario Galaxy 3.

As always, there will be gaps that 3rd parties hopefully fill in. I'm optimistic that support from Ubisoft, EA, THQ (RIP), and Japanese companies like Sega and Capcom will be present in the early months in order to not "miss the bus" like they did on Wii. Iwata has stated his awareness for how important it is for 3rd parties to establish hit titles at the beginning of a system's life in order to grow a healthy userbase.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Only 12 player online? Thirty players or bust.

Also death race mode. Thirty player online death race or bust.

And X-Cup. Thirty player online X-Cup and death race or bust.

Ooh, and a track editor...

You have to make sacrifice if you want constant 60FPS in 1080p online.

I hope Level 5 give a chance to Ninokuni Wii U version, the U pad would be perferct for this game =(

That would be nice. :)

I just want lots of RPGs period. Symphonia 3 would be lovely.

But at least we got the almighty Monolith Soft on our side underway with a Wii U game as we speak. One RPG to rule them all. ;) Shgame that Xenoblade came SO late, to NA at he very least. :( At least the localization gives us hope for the Wii U game coming over.

Monolith haven't made many RPGs for consoles lately, but Nintendo did bring both of theirs (BKO and Xenoblade).

Easy_D

never left the stone age
That would be nice. :)

I just want lots of RPGs period. Symphonia 3 would be lovely.

But at least we got the almighty Monolith Soft on our side underway with a Wii U game as we speak. One RPG to rule them all. ;) Shgame that Xenoblade came SO late, to NA at he very least. :( At least the localization gives us hope for the Wii U game coming over.

Monolith haven't made many RPGs for consoles lately, but Nintendo did bring both of theirs (BKO and Xenoblade).

I hope Monolith's game is at E3. I also hope it's Xenoblade related. I mean imagine their wizardry on a way more capable console, Xenoblade looks great as it is but HD/Better textures and higher poly-counts would..wow. *Dreams*

AzaK

Been away from thread for just 1 day and we already have bg suggesting hardware has been bumped for a final or near final kit. Too much to handle!

I don't know how people would take it.
With grace and decorum.

Nah, I didnt see it. Just indications from places that hardware in the kits has changed or is about to change.

Personally I think we'll see Wii U released in major markets by September at the latest based on this info.
And I assume change for the better?

I don't know how much clearer that was. :p
I've gotten indications that this is a "real" change and not tweaks like lherre mentioned for the other kits. If you are asking about specifics, I've gotten nothing in that regard.
Again, hints that its a real change upwards, or just a real change along the lines of "We're now using NVidia and not AMD" type of thing.

What is this madness? How bout developers stop using a click to run modifier?
I agree, click run is moronic.

Been away from thread for just 1 day and we already have bg suggesting hardware has been bumped for a final or near final kit. Too much to handle!

With grace and decorum.

And I assume change for the better?

Again, hints that its a real change upwards, or just a real change along the lines of "We're now using NVidia and not AMD" type of thing.

I agree, click run is moronic.

I'm taking a wild guess that bg has heard the latest dev kits fully support two wireless upads. That suggests either some hardware improvements were made or it was capable of this all along and Nintendo was just so oblivious to the need for the feature, they didn't realize it...

Azure J

One of these days, I'm going to have to play F-Zero to get what all the fuss is about. Like from what I've seen it looks fun, but some folks here make it (GX in particular) into a rapturous experience.

One of these days, I'm going to have to play F-Zero to get what all the fuss is about. Like from what I've seen it looks fun, but some folks here make it (GX in particular) into a rapturous experience.

It is quite mesmerizing, and I'm not huge into racers. I have a feeling you'll have a bit of time. The next F-Zero will likely be developed internally, and I don't believe that series is where they are putting their resources atm. It would be a great mid-generation core title, though.

Mlatador

Banned
How can you all stand this neverending Wii U specualtion any longer? I've had my fair share for the last couple of month, but now I just can't take it anymore. There are questions that bug me, but I won't think or speculate about anything WII U related until the final, official facts are shown at this years E3, for the sake of my sanity.

Analog stick click per se needs to die. It's such a tacked-on input I can't believe it ever got adopted.
I have no problem with the lack of pushable thumbsticks. I've never really liked them, and they can be worked around with virtual buttons along the edge of teh touch screen. What can't be worked around is the need for analog triggers, so I hope the rumor that they have been added is true.
Pushable thumbsticks are an intuitive way to add more input options without complicating button layout more, a philosophy that goes with Nintendo way of thinking so is puzzling why they don't bother with it. The sticks need to be there so adding button functionality to them is a good solution.

Also why reduce the matter to one or the other? Nintendo needs to put both in the Ucon analog triggers and depressible thumbsticks.

KrawlMan

How can you all stand this neverending Wii U specualtion any longer? I've had my fair share for the last couple of month, but now I just can't take it anymore. There are questions that bug me, but I won't think or speculate about anything WII U related until the final, official facts are shown at this years E3, for the sake of my sanity.

Masochists, all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom