• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A NEW WII SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know it's going to look like utter garbage with bland environments and horrible looking avatars, and if Nintendo decides to showcase it at E3, the Wii U is going to be a laughing stock.

We all know it's going to look like utter garbage with bland environments and horrible looking avatars, and if Nintendo decides to showcase it at E3, the Wii U is going to be a laughing stock.

Er, what?
They said they weren't making another Wii Sport.

Iwata specifically said not a new Wii Sports.

Jasper, did you leave your comprehension glasses at home again? Iwata was saying that they need a title with the same popularity and hook of wii sports (i.e selling systems) but what they cannot just do another wii ports reskin. It has to be a completely different title

I REALLY wanted them to also announce Pokemon B/W 2 as a DD for 3DS ,,, in fact, why not include big DS titles as DD downloads ? also allow 3rd party to do so for their chosen games if possible ..

HylianTom

Banned
Hmm. I hope that their digital/online distribution features aren't a centerpiece of what they decide to show at E3. Kinda boring, and I remain leery of digital distribution, even with my beloved Nintendo controlling the process.

Linkhero1

Well I bombed my midterm. Just looked over the investor meeting and it looks like a lot of good is coming our way.

Hmm. I hope that their digital/online distribution features aren't a centerpiece of what they decide to show at E3. Kinda boring, and I remain leery of digital distribution, even with my beloved Nintendo controlling the process.

Same. I prefer having physical copies of games so I hope they don't decide to release a lot of games as digital only unless they're Wii U Ware type games.

if they revealed it all now, then it will obviously not be the focus

it just means they have more important shit to discuss at E3, so they are getting it out of the way.

AniHawk

my guess for the launch lineup:

wii sports-like thing (not wii sports, but more like a u paint or advanced flipnote studio)
pikmin 3
lego city stories
ghost reconline
new super mario bros. mii
assassin's creed 3
rayman origins 2
riven: the sequel to myst
batman: arkham city gotye
darksiders ii
the legend of zelda: skyward sword: good controls edition
go
call of duty: modern warfare 3
pandora's tower
pokemon red and blue 2
hyperdimension neptunia mk2

Linkhero1

wii sports-like thing (not wii sports, but more like a u paint or advanced flipnote studio)
pikmin 3
lego city stories
ghost reconline
assassin's creed 3
rayman origins 2
darksiders ii
go
pandora's tower
pokemon red and blue 2
LOL

M74

What was the name of that tech demo where the Upad player was flying around in a UFO and everyone else was running around trying to shoot him down? Chase Mii? I wouldn't mind that being the foundation of their Wii Sports substitute. That actually looked fun.

pikmin 3
lego city stories
ghost reconline
assassin's creed 3
rayman origins 2
darksiders ii
go
pandora's tower
pokemon red and blue 2
I think you mean Black Ops 2, not MW3.

What was the name of that tech demo where the Upad player was flying around in a UFO and everyone else was running around trying to shoot him down? Chase Mii? I wouldn't mind that being the foundation of their Wii Sports substitute. That actually looked fun.
It was samus' ship I believe..yea it was chase Mii.

effzee

pikmin 3
lego city stories
ghost reconline
assassin's creed 3
rayman origins 2
darksiders ii
go
pandora's tower
pokemon red and blue 2

You forgot EA sports games.

I really really wish EA comes up with some great controls/features with the tablet controller for Madden 13.

pikmin 3
lego city stories
ghost reconline
assassin's creed 3
rayman origins 2
darksiders ii
go
pandora's tower
pokemon red and blue 2

Here is my list:
retro title
pikmin 3
Mario HD
Darksiders 2
CoD: BLOPS 2
Killer Freaks
Asscreed 3
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Final Fantasy spinoff(s)
Metro
Aliens
James Bond Generations
New Nintendo racing game from Monster Games
Metal Gear
WiiU mini games
RE vs!
Madden
Fifa
Sims
Crysis 2
Rayman Orgins 2
Rayman Rabbids
Sonic

Linkhero1

This quote

And the fact that they aren't making a WiiUSports (which isn't a surprise to me, as I predicted that ages ago) are the most relevant to this thread.

Personally, I'm excited to see what Western stuff they have cooking up.
This excites me. It really does. I await the awesome content.

Instro

Its interesting that they reiterated comments about big 3rd party support as well as high quality software coming at E3. Considering how well they followed through with their DD promises, I have high hopes about the other promises they have made over the last 2 investor meetings.

He said that he was planning to sell all his Wii discs now that he's ripped them.
Probably perma.

2 weeks apparently.

MdVXy.gif

Why even say that!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom