• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

ePzfd.gif

Did I say something wrong? :p

I'm trying to decipher what the gif is telling me.

guek

Banned
THANK YOU. If I even say this at my university, people flip their shit.

Its a slingshot simulator. Whooptie-fucking-doo.

Yeah. I mean, it's ok. It's not poorly made or anything, and I can see it having an audience, but it's not the next mario. Far from it. *shrugs*

HylianTom

Banned
So.. after this, we're in the home stretch. Aside from odd leaks here or there about some smallish things, this is it.

It was about a month before E3 last year when the leaks really began in earnest. But something tells me that things are going to be quite a bit tighter this time around.

At least it finally feels close.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Only iOS games I've enjoyed are Escape and Doodle-Jump, and both are just endless-climb type games.

That guy is updating his twitter, then? Only Pokemon games this year? Bleh.

Only iOS games I've enjoyed are Escape and Doodle-Jump, and both are just endless-climb type games.

That guy is updating his twitter, then? Only Pokemon games this year? Bleh.

No, those are the only new ones listed from their previously updated list.
They're releasing more games than just that.

I think you've got a point, but all I'm realistically expecting is a BIG quality bump for Mii's (maybe better than Avatars but still Nintendo-ish), and games relatively more detailed than Wii Sports at 1080p if feasible.

I'd prefer the minimalist style that Miis have had from the beginning but with more choices for hair, glasses etc. Miis have a great deal more character than the Mii-too (lol) clones that Sony and Microsoft have adopted imo. They wouldn't have the same sort of appeal with proper arms and legs for example lol. Unless that's just Mii (okay, I'll stop now lololol)..?

HylianTom

Banned
From the Investor meeting:

No price details? Not surprised.

Still sticking with my predictions: they're following the Wii model:
- price and launch date announced in September
- preordering camping in October
- launch in November.

Can't say I'm thrilled, but I can live with it.

Downloadable from store kiosks is kinda meh, but at the very least the shops can do targeted advertisement, and you can buy a game at their shop for download then and there, and maybe it downloads as you walk through the mall and is ready to play when you finally get your food at burger shack. :)

also: I spit at you, Nintendo, for planning the same price for retail versus downloadable. I mean, come on, your cost of reproduction and shipping and handling is reduced by at least several dollars!

edit: Ah, not Nintendo making that policy, they're going laissez-faire on that

Woohoo, Wii U focus on social game play! :D :D :D

edit: This is the megaton for me. I need Nintendo to keep social gaming alive in the living room, because nobody else cares about it anymore. :|

Yup, this pretty much confirms some of my theories on what Nintendo is going to do.

The whole "Project Cafe" codename had me thinking they were going to capitalize on this since the beginning. They should have hammered this at E3 2011. Social gaming and networking is huge right now, best time to really capture that market in a affordable home console. Their online component should also give weight to this, and I'm still sticking to a similar idea of Mii Crossing-stuff for the core OS.

Instro

Figured I'd repost this here since it will probably be lost in the other thread-

From Iwata's presentation notes on 3rd parties:
You will strongly feel the changes in the thoughts of third-party software developers, overseas developers in particular, for the better.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
hahaha first time I seen David Gibson add some snark in his translation. It's true though. Nintendo is mad late on the digital front.
Can't argue with that.
Nintendo are very slow to adapt in a lot of areas.
Figured I'd repost this here since it will probably be lost in the other thread-

From Iwata's presentation notes on 3rd parties:
Mirrors Satterfield's comments. Guess they're courting western third parties hard. Makes sense, that was their big weakness with Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom