• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

In about a month I can post this like a gazzilion times

cCg60.jpg

I love E3 time.
I'm such a nerd

Confirmed. Also runs 9am-10am.
What? Just 1 hour? I expected it to be a little longer but I'm sure Nintendo will use that time to it's fullest. And we'll probably get a ton of trailers of games that didn't even get mentioned at the conference in Nintendo's webpage just like last year. Thanks for the info!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Guys, it's always one hour.

And Nintendo can't take that much time anyway, or else they'll overlap the opening hours of the show floor.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well, in 2010 they did a little more than one hour, and we've had a massive load of announcements for Wii, with trailers and on stage demos. And they obtained to present 3DS in something like 15-20 minutes. So, I'm not too worried. I think they could even make it 10 minutes longer

Ahh.. no worries, as that wasn't really for your comments. I've seen folks characterize the reveal as confusing, and don't see it.. :)

Underwhelming? That I can see.

I just watched it. The messaging is so tightly focused on the controller and everything Nintendo showed looks so much like a Wii game (up until HD Zelda), so I can understand some initial confusion. I'll even admit to thinking it was just a new Wii controller initially even knowing everything going into the conference. Being confused after the whole conference, however, seems like a big stretch for anyone who follows games. Still, it was a poor reveal. Nintendo should really have waited until this year to show the console when it had actual games ready.

I get truly hyped when I have the date down to the hour

If only I could be there to watch this event in person

I wonder if I have time to change my internet to a cable connection

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I do have this feeling Nintendo has at least one Japanese 3rd party big announcement they will make. If it hadn't already been announced for 3DS, I would have bet on Monster Hunter 4.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
On the flip side Sony has 2 hour shows and they drag on a lot. It's amazing how they can make good announcements boring.

Just learnt of the 4 day weekend we get over here in the UK. Best news! This is the first year where it would be possible for me to be working during the E3 conferences. But nope! So happy!

oatmeal

Banned
What? Just 1 hour? I expected it to be a little longer but I'm sure Nintendo will use that time to it's fullest. And we'll probably get a ton of trailers of games that didn't even get mentioned at the conference in Nintendo's webpage just like last year. Thanks for the info!

An hour sucks.

They will spend 45 minutes of stupid shit no one cares about, and then talk about what we want to hear them talk about for 10 minutes and then show 5 minutes of the Wii U at the end.

Actually, that 45 should be 35 since they'll be 10 minutes late.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, it's always one hour.

And Nintendo can't take that much time anyway, or else they'll overlap the opening hours of the show floor.
The exhibit halls actually open 12:00 PM on the 5th of June. So there is definitely room for a longer press briefing.

BlackJace

Fucking perfect :lol
<3

Also: 1 hour only? This seems too short if you think about sales stuff + 3DS stuff + Wii U re-reveal

It will be the best hour of the decade. I expect Nintendo to spent a short time on the 3DS (maybe 10-15 mins) and from then on, its gonna be a Wii U mega blitz. And remember there's always the showfloor coverage.

Nintendo knows they can't afford to leave anyone in the dark, so they're gonna try to cram as much info as they can in that hour. If they hold back ANYTHING, they could run the chance of further confusion and/or lack of hype. I want the new console to be in my face the entirety of E3.

NO LIMITS, NINTENDO, NO LIMITS.

pramath

Banned
An hour sucks.

They will spend 45 minutes of stupid shit no one cares about, and then talk about what we want to hear them talk about for 10 minutes and then show 5 minutes of the Wii U at the end.

Actually, that 45 should be 35 since they'll be 10 minutes late.

I think you're thinking of Sony here.

Same here. I took the 5th & 6th off a few months ago, with a warning that I might also take the 7th or 8th.

I took last June 5th off for the initial Wii U reveal. Just me, my laptop, a sausage McMuffin, a breakfast burrito with a bunch of hot picante sauce and a jumbo coffee, perfect morning. Will be the same game plan this year.

BD1

Banned
Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I do have this feeling Nintendo has at least one Japanese 3rd party big announcement they will make. If it hadn't already been announced for 3DS, I would have bet on Monster Hunter 4.

Final Fantasy VII remake.

HylianTom

Banned
This has to be pretty high up on my wish list. Headliner-class Japanese exclusives from major developers would be a signal to all Japanese developers that, hey, yes, the Wii U is going to be the sensible platform choice for development - and sufficiently powerful to serve them well over the next five or so years.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
The Wii U is an experience

1 hour is enough, considering the main bulk of infos about games will come from hands-on from the show floor.

Sadist

Nintendo X Third Party title is more likely.

and bring back your avatar man!

Also: 1 hour only? This seems too short if you think about sales stuff + 3DS stuff + Wii U re-reveal

1 hour is perfect. It means that they really can't afford to have any fat in their conference like Sony and MS. If you actually cut out the shit that most gamers don't care about from those conferences they'd end up being around the same length as Nintendo's.

At first one hour seems iffy, but when you think about it, they're probably just going to show trailers with very little talking in between, so it's all good.

On the flip side Sony has 2 hour shows and they drag on a lot. It's amazing how they can make good announcements boring.

Sony is strange they already shown some amazing games that they could have saved for E3 to make is exciting... right now I am not even sure what they have left but that LAST OF US thing again

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sony is strange they already shown some amazing games that they could have saved for E3 to make is exciting... right now I am not even sure what they have left but that LAST OF US thing again

The Last Guardian will be the last PS3 game...
or the first PS4 game

sony doesn't give a shit about making e3 exciting. Winning E3 is a fanboy thing. They care about giving their games the most attention possible. They're doing the right thing business wise.

StevieP

Banned
I agree with you. I think Nintendo was internally in panic mode, watching Wii sales drop off the map and 3DS struggle to find its rhythm. So, they tipped their hand showed off the console's key feature, giving the competition ample time to investigate the technology to decide if they want to incorporate it too.

They should have just been all "New console coming 2012. Called Wii U. New controller, we can't show you yet. Check out this Zelda trailer. HD mo-fos!" Knowing less fuels speculation, despite me wanting every bit of info as soon as I can get it.

The competition would end up looking into tablet-styled controllers whether or not Nintendo decided to do so.

antonz

sony doesn't give a shit about making e3 exciting. Winning E3 is a fanboy thing. They care about giving their games the most attention possible. They're doing the right thing business wise.

See this I dont agree with. The enthusiest press is going to cover there games just as heavy if its revealed at E3 or not. Sony blows its load early and then has a boring ass conference because they blew their load early.

They basically spoil there entire E3 every year. They could announce a few titles early sure but leave some big things for the show. Of the 3 I dont know why the press even bothers to go to the Sony Conference its all but guaranteed to be a retread of what they have been flying you out for weeks ahead of time etc

See this I dont agree with. The enthusiest press is going to cover there games just as heavy if its revealed at E3 or not. Sony blows its load early and then has a boring ass conference because they blew their load early.

They basically spoil there entire E3 every year. They could announce a few titles early sure but leave some big things for the show. Of the 3 I dont know why the press even bothers to go to the Sony Conference its all but guaranteed to be a retread of what they have been flying you out for weeks ahead of time etc
your first line explains why it's a good idea. Sony gets ALL the attention now with their games, and then at E3 they'll show them again, and the gaming media will cover it again. Except the second time around they won't have to worry about all the attention being stolen from anything else...like I don't know...a new console re-reveal with lots of new games and all that.

It's a business decision. All the attention? Or some of the attention? Which would you take if you have the choice? You take all of it. When E3 comes around, you do not get all the attention, you share the space with all the other announcements, you get overshadowed, etc...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
1 hour is perfect. It means that they really can't afford to have any fat in their conference like Sony and MS. If you actually cut out the shit that most gamers don't care about from those conferences they'd end up being around the same length as Nintendo's.

They'll waste at least half an hour with boring speeches about how well the Wii and 3DS sell 'n'stuff. Calling it now.

Roo

In case anyone cares:

Nintendo Presentation @ E3 2012
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
9am

Nice.

Since this E3 will be an especial ocassion, I think we should help those that are in other areas/timezones to watch the conference with us. A lot of people miss the conference
because they don't know when it's exacly happening.

BlackJace

Announcing a title doesn't necessarily spoil anything. It actually helps build anticipation and hype because it makes you look forward to the game being demo'd at E3. Why should they have waited till E3 to show The Last of Us? People are waiting with bated breath to see it in action. That's why movies and stuff are shown months in advance, its all in the idea of building hype.

Glass Joe

The competition would end up looking into tablet-styled controllers whether or not Nintendo decided to do so.

Giving them free year is a lot of time to prepare, though. If a tablet doesn't launch with 720/PS4, it probably won't be standard even if they add it later. Like Kinect and Move. That added year gives them a lot of time to think about it and add their own if they desire.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Giving them free year is a lot of time to prepare, though. If a tablet doesn't launch with 720/PS4, it probably won't be standard even if they add it later. Like Kinect and Move. That added year gives them a lot of time to think about it and add their own if they desire.

Sony still hasn't released one of the big games that was meant to demonstrate the Move controller, the sorcerer one. Even the balance board seemed better supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom