• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I know an 80s-style ad slogan for it: "WES? YES!"

(and thank you, GrandPa - now the chances of this spreading are astronomically greater! Haha! Entertaining Friday afternoon at work guaranteed!)

Where the heck is Nibel, anyway? It's going to be wonderful in the most awful way possible if this image somehow hits the home pages of the prominent video game media sites.

ehh, I'll probably forget this whole conversation happened once I start playing Xenoblade.
Beside, far worse opinions have been expressed by others in these threads.

Towards me? I am hurt, I though all of you were my BFF!

Bad Grampa Simpson.

Come here, you're gonna get it. *Gets belt*
Naughty...

About this name change (lol). It should be renamed the Super Duper Awesome Spectacular Nintendo Entertainment System (SDASNES) because I would buy it, for the name alone.

daakusedo

I don't understand, that's someone from here that take a screencap from nintendo site?
Also, wiiware is the platform mentioned, so this is nonsense.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand, that's someone from here that take a screencap from nintendo site?
Also, wiiware is the platform mentioned, so this is nonsense.
It's most likely a quick Javascript work with this script:

Code:
javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0
Just edit the blue text and add the WiiWare icon from the bottom of the page.

Bagu

Towards me? I am hurt, I though all of you were my BFF!

Naughty...

About this name change (lol). It should be renamed the Super Duper Awesome Spectacular Nintendo Entertainment System (SDASNES) because I would buy it, for the name alone.

Wait, what? I think there's a misunderstanding here. I meant other people in this thread (all four of them) have bad opinions about stuff. Not about you.

Rösti;36922146 said:
It's most likely a quick Javascript work with this script:

Code:
javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0
Just edit the blue text and add the WiiWare icon from the bottom of the page.

Incorrect my good sir

Here is proof it was a screenshot (or the best proof i can give)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Incorrect my good sir

Here is proof it was a screenshot (or the best proof i can give)
Intriguing. And I wasn't accusing you of something since I didn't know the source of the image. Whatever this is, it sure has tempered a storm of epic proportions.

lednerg

I say we start with predictions. It'll be fun to see where the community was at this point in time. ...

Price / Release date:
$321 / Nov 18 (hopefully sooner)​
1st party launch titles:
Wii___ (Sports, Fit, etc) updates
New Retro IP (early 2013)
Pikmin 3
WarioWare
Mario Paint​
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
360 x Wii​
E3 Surprises (, etc):
Name changed to WiiU - no space, no trademark infringement, no big deal
Support for two tablets - at half frame rate
MySpace TV app - ends up being kinda cool
Face and/or voice-recognition for user accounts
Access VC/WiiWare and saves from nearby Wii (after system update)
Surprising amount of iOS/Android games on eShop - made for tablet-only play
Zapper add-on - included!
Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk - not included!
Wireless Classic Control - maybe!
An effective marketing campaign for the typically non-Nintendo demographic - celebs!
(Basically anything is a 'surprise' at this point since we don't know jack)​

Anth0ny

Okay enough with this fake crap.

gmlY3.jpg

NINTENDO E3 2004 PRESS CONFERENCE STREAM AT 5:00 PM EST

The greatest E3 Press Conference of all time.

DVD quality.

With a new ending!

Can't make it? I'll probably stream it again closer to E3. Along with E3 2006.

NINTENDO E3 2004 PRESS CONFERENCE STREAM AT 5:00 PM EST

The greatest E3 Press Conference of all time.

DVD quality.

With a new ending!

Can't make it? I'll probably stream it again closer to E3. Along with E3 2006.

Will there be a liveblog? I won't be able to stream video, but I can refresh a webpage or forum topic over and over again on my phone.

By the way, is that Reggie picture from the 2004 E3?

HylianTom

Banned
Yes indeed... gaf is hilarious... classically so at times like that.

Thing about GAF's reactions to these kinds of things: you can't get a team of writers to match this stuff most of the time. It's so random, frenetic, bipolar.. and then you look back at it years later to see who was right, who was wrong, who predicted the future well. Really interesting reading material. :)

That is Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario would be a continuation of the 3D games (Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy) but likely in 2D this time.

I'm okay with this. :)

Mario 3D Land had 2D gameplay in a 3D world. Just imagine 3D gameplay in a 2D world :O

No, "4" means this Mario is using the WiiU to its maximum potential. Its using 4x 360 power. WiiUs absolute maximum powerlevel ;)
lol.

Galaxy 2 is Super Mario 3-2, obviously
lol.

Rösti;36896192 said:
Something that could become vastly popular for Wii U is a LittleBigPlanet-esque Super Mario game, where the player creates own levels that can be shared over a network with other players. It could work similar to the popular Super Mario World editor Lunar Magic, but incorporate more engines. You could choose to create levels in Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros 3. and Super Mario World. Certainly should the game come packed with a story mode as well. The Wii U Remote with its touch screen should make creating levels easy, even simpler programming shouldn't be a hassle.

This would by no means be that impressive on a technical level, but I believe it would be an absolute marvel when it comes to sales. Why is that Nintendo has yet to provide a level editor for a Super Mario game, I've read about it somewhere but I don't remember the source?
I've wanted a Mario level editor for a long time. I don't think it will cut into their levels if they make it limiting like they did with Wario DIY or Mario VS DK. I just want my 2D...and 3D Mario level editors.

And 3D Zelda dungeon editors.

:)

Neither. Miyamoto will.
He'll probably come out in a Pikmin hat.
20 minutes tops.
That would be cool.

Anywayz:as you can see I am contantly 20+ pages behind in this thread. Read through the second half of the third thread and I think I'm here to stay. I plan on posting more often but still not that much since I usually don't post often..we'll see. Love reading the thread tho :)

HylianTom

Banned
I dont have tits to match Miss Cleos though... :(

Maybe Iwata read the third thread and was like: "This ColdBlooder dude is so freaking intelligent and creative... Wii Entertainment System it is. I will hire him after E3!" :D

In that case, you need to get me a job there once you're on the inside!

I dont have tits to match Miss Cleos though... :(

Maybe Iwata read the third thread and was like: "This ColdBlooder dude is so freaking intelligent and creative... Wii Entertainment System it is. I will hire him after E3!" :D
I'm looking for mine.
I called it that too a while back.

Just like I stated a few things not so long ago...

I'm looking for mine.
I called it that too a while back.

Just like I stated a few things not so long ago...

Didn´t read your prediction of the name. If its actually the name we will be the dynamic psychic NeoGAF Duo :D

EDIT: Use google and type "NeoGAF DefectiveReject Wii Entertainment". Should be enough.

Google does a MUCH better job in finding NeoGAF posts than NeoGAFs search feature..... :(

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
RT @iwata_laughs

dont listen to rumors to wii u name rumor as if we call it wii entertainment system. (laughs) i think that the name "awesome" will do

From Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom