• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that screens isn't even from the Nintendo.jp site?

STOP BEING SO VAGUE! Where did you take that screenshot!?
I am a software developer.
I wrote some code to replicate how the site looks.
I took some assets(images) from their site
Put them on my server
Ran my code
Took a screenshot.
Tomorrow(if I survive) I shall post my code if needs be (wife in bed and computer in bedroom) and screenshot the whole browser with my local address in the address bar.... hence why I grabbed a section of the screen (cmd +shift+4) on a Mac and not the whole screen.
Edit.
Why replicate?
So I could play around and send different

I said a few days ago in thread three i was going to send some shit to different places to get them to report it and show how easy it was ..... to which a few said I hope it works...lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
I am a software developer.

I wrote some code to replicate how the site looks.

I took some assets(images) from their site
Put them on my server
Ran my code
Took a screenshot.

Tomorrow(if I survive) I shall post my code if needs be (wife in bed and computer in bedroom) and screenshot the whole browser with my local address in the address bar.... hence why I grabbed a section of the screen (cmd +shift+4) on a Mac and not the whole screen.

So it IS a fake. There is no more question about it, IT IS A FAKE!

I really need some real news

that pic only confused me because the the 26

that is hopefully when we get a little news, if we are to have a new name which I doubt
it would be on the 26th

It's a fabrication, an image you did yourself to try and replicate something real and pass it as news.
I posted an image.

.... aaaaah forget it.

I mean English in the middle of Japanese. With a logo which shows below it as something else.... also in a game release schedule in a different font.... against 26... which is when we know they are having a briefing...

udivision

BY2K is goading you DR. The more this is mentioned , the greater likelihood that someone upstairs will notice. I wouldn't post about it any more if i were you.

Christine

DefectiveReject, that image was in poor taste. It's well established that human beings are biased towards rapid information transmission and against rigorous fact-checking, so whatever point you were trying to make is largely redundant. The information quality is bad enough right now without people actively trying to degrade it.

Please don't do it again.

DefectiveReject, that image was in poor taste. It's well established that human beings are biased towards rapid information transmission and against rigorous fact-checking, so whatever point you were trying to make is largely redundant. The information quality is bad enough right now without people actively trying to degrade it.

Please don't do it again.

*waves hand*
These are not the documents you are looking for.

And DetectiveReject is gone, no surprise why. I'm shocked he couldn't see how bad of an idea this was. The rules aren't hours of reading worth, it wasn't hard to miss the fact that you shouldn't create rumors and make them as facts and try to spread it for shits and giggles, that's called taking advantage of people's need for info, and trying to look like some big hero. But why, what could he have benefited from this?

This is like WiiWillRockYou when he made the phony Layton NOA Twitter account.

I guess they do give a shit lol. They've always been strict on this stuff though. I got banned the first time I ever made a topic because I forgot to post (rumour) even though I edited it in 1 minute later.

Good times.

Anth0ny

nbajam-bish-bannedx2jka.gif

udivision

<_<
>_>
Good riddance. As diplomatic as I was trying to be in this last page I can't say that I didn't want this to happen.
I'm still unimpressed with all the people who ate it up though.

ASIS

Oh wow, it seems like this thread is moving faster with each version :/. Finishing 10% of the thread in mere days is crazy!

Anyway, anything interesting happening? Other than the DetectiveReject fiasco of course.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh wow, it seems like this thread is moving faster with each version :/. Finishing 10% of the thread in mere days is crazy!

Anyway, anything interesting happening?

Well, there was a bit of a scene going on with me and others trying to argue with someone that doesn't completely understand what a fake is.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
While you're here, mods, can you please close the third thread.... ?

Upgrading to perm.
lol that post plus your avatar made that funnier and more sinister than it really should have been. I am now ashamed of myself for giggling, poor guy.

Anyway does anyone know when the 26th thing is exactly? Is that on the same day for us as them? 1 day earlier here? I always get confused with japan time.

lol that post plus your avatar made that funnier and more sinister than it really should have been. I am now ashamed of myself for giggling, poor guy.

Anyway does anyone know when the 26th thing is exactly? Is that on the same day for us as them? 1 day earlier here? I always get confused with japan time.

It would be late on the 25th/early 26th for us. Not sure of the exact time.

It would be late on the 25th/early 26th for us. Not sure of the exact time.
they're ahead of us by 12 hours or something right? So it would be late 25th I think...but I guess we wont know if there is any info unless that guy on twitter live tweets the thing. I think that's how we got everything last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom