• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilaul

I...don't get it.

HE crashed landed your wagon into the wrong planet. He was presented with the following options: crash land into earth, non-stop party planet or alien hostile deadly desert planet, needless to say he choose the wrong option. Also he doesnt really know how to crash land and most probably died in the process, it unclear how many survivors are left.

Sadist

A mainline Final Fantasy on a Nintendo console: somewhere, old man Yamauchi rolls his eyes. At this point I kind of think Versus XIII will be vaporware. If not, it needs to go multiplatform because the development costs must be HUGE.

HylianTom

Banned
$349 (and a 3DS-like bomba launch with another Ambassador Program the following year)
November 18th, 2012
New Super Mario Bros Mii, Pikmin 3, Star Tropics Adventure
pi/2
GTA V at launch

You, sir, get my first Mel Brooks gif of the thread. Oh yes.

MadelineHissing.gif

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Was the Bird Demo shown off at CES? I recently noticed that there is newer videos on YouTube of the Zelda HD demo from CES, but I can't find anything new on the "Japanese Garden Demo". As far as anyone knows, is E3 the only place where this has been on display to the public?

Terrell

Pretty much. Unless they lose a shit ton of money they will never leave the console race.

Ummm, in spite of the 360's success, that's EXACTLY what they did. If they enter another generation in the red and don't make gains over their success with the 360, their investors are going to start wondering why they're throwing money into a giant fucking pit with no actual gains.

Yup. They've built strong ties with third party developers regarding the development process of the 360, development of games, online stuff and more. The chances of them bailing out are slim to none I'd say.

As I said above, if the 360 successor isn't positioned to outdo the 360, we're in for another string of red ink on the balance sheet that Microsoft can't shrug off to investors who are wondering what the fuck they've been building to for the past 10 years.

Just because a company has tons of money doesn't mean anything if it's not using it to actually make more of it. And regardless of what everyone thinks of MS' good will in the industry, they'll drop it like THAT if they get enough heat from investors to do so.

Ummm, in spite of the 360's success, that's EXACTLY what they did. If they enter another generation in the red and don't make gains over their success with the 360, their investors are going to start wondering why they're throwing money into a giant fucking pit with no actual gains.

As I said above, if the 360 successor isn't positioned to outdo the 360, we're in for another string of red ink on the balance sheet that Microsoft can't shrug off to investors who are wondering what the fuck they've been building to for the past 10 years.

A company can be in red it's just a matter of how much. They have to be on their hands and knees when they drop out and I just don't think that's happening anytime soon.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Wow! We're already 1% of the way through this new thread.

So when will the old thread be locked?

Terrell

A company can be in red it's just a matter of how much. They have to be on their hands and knees when they drop out and I just don't think that's happening anytime soon.

I see someone doesn't remember how much of a money the Xbox business has been. The 360 has made them money, yes, but the introduction of the successor is basically going to erode all of the financial gains made near-instantly.

HylianTom

Banned
I see someone doesn't remember how much of a money the Xbox business has been. The 360 has made them money, yes, but the introduction of the successor is basically going to erode all of the financial gains made near-instantly.

16 cores. That's rich! Hahaa..

But we don't know if that will happen. As far as we know the next xbox will be very profitable. I mean yea worst case the nextbox kills MS gaming part but why talk about worst case and not best case? Talk like this is boring and isn't fun to read.
Hell talking about the money side of things is always boring.

HylianTom

Banned
This is what we get when we fail to make Tom the threadmaster, every time.

I didn't want the job. I would've hit too hard against the Nintendo haters around here with thick sarcasm, parody, and general all-around snarkiness. It's for the best that someone else took that duty.

But we don't know if that will happen. As far as we know the next xbox will be very profitable. I mean yea worst case the nextbox kills MS gaming part but why talk about worst case and not best case? Talk like this is boring and isn't fun to read.
Hell talking about the money side of things is always boring.

Very profitable? I think it will be more profitable than the Xbox 360 (and, by extension, more profitable than the Xbox), but so far Microsoft's track record has involved massive, massive initial overall losses, at least for the first half decade of each console.

I didn't want the job. I would've hit too hard against the Nintendo haters around here with thick sarcasm, parody, and general all-around snarkiness. It's for the best that someone else took that duty.

In other words, you should be given the second E3 thread
It'll come to that, believe!
so as to add to the chaos in a most godly manner.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
My biggest fear is that someone will post some amazing news in thread 3 and none of us will see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom