• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already on the third page?

*looks down on 50ppp people*

My nomination for the title to the fifth thread is, "Wii U Speculation Thread V: Real News?! We don't need no stinkin' real news!

Probably around the investor's meeting.

But then again, ya never know when some developer with an axe to grind will run to a website and make a snarky comment about Mario physics..

Indeed, Iwata, Miyamoto and co. are sure to look even more sober than last quarter. The investor Q&As at the very least are the best insight we really have into where Nintendo as a company is headed. For instance, we now have a good idea that they will be trying out some DLC on Wii U in order to "fill in the gaps" between big releases. But we also know that they only plan on releasing content of actual value (presumably level packs and extra episodes rather than a new dress for Peach).

HylianTom

Banned
Indeed, Iwata, Miyamoto and co. are sure to look even more sober than last quarter. The investor Q&As at the very least are the best insight we really have into where Nintendo as a company is headed. For instance, we now have a good idea that they will be trying out some DLC on Wii U in order to "fill in the gaps" between big releases. But we also know that they only plan on releasing content of actual value (presumably level packs and extra episodes rather than a new dress for Peach).

I'm more and more convinced that the 26th will indeed yield good things to talk about. Investors are going to get more and more antsy the longer this is drawn-out, especially after the yearly loss news comes out and reminds them of Nintendo's need to bring their A-game to this upcoming E3 and this generation.

Meh. Way too early for that. :p

My nomination for the title to the fifth thread is, "Wii U Speculation Thread V: Real News?! We don't need no stinkin' real news!

That made me laugh harder than I expected.

I'm more and more convinced that the 26th will indeed yield good things to talk about. Investors are going to get more and more antsy the longer this is drawn-out, especially after the yearly loss news comes out and reminds them of Nintendo's need to bring their A-game to this upcoming E3 and this generation.
We keep dukin' it out man.
Anyway, if there isn't any info on the 26th..I don't know what I'll do.

It is my impression that the bulk of the Wii U related news will be about partner outreach and online (which is largely the same thing, as per their "wild west" philosophy). If we're lucky, somebody in the conference call will ask if the system is faster than existing consoles, and the answer will be affirmative but not informative.

Disappointed at thread title.

Episode IV: A New Hype was too good to waste.

co-signed

That way we can legitimately use star wars quotes when interacting with each other too. Some shmuck comes in and starts trolling people in the thread and gets rightly flamed...

"He doesn't like you.... I don't like you either!"

Hokey Kinects and PSMoves are no match for a good old tablet controller at your side kid.

Help me Reggie Fils-Aime, you're my only hope!

*someone gets the banstick* ..... "...boring conversation anyway!"

*someone comes back from banstick* "I sense something... a presence I've not felt since..."

*Wii-U games look hot at E3* "The force is strong with this one!"

*about region free* "I'm going to the Tosche station to pick up some power converters!"

It is my impression that the bulk of the Wii U related news will be about partner outreach and online (which is largely the same thing, as per their "wild west" philosophy). If we're lucky, somebody in the conference call will ask if the system is faster than existing consoles, and the answer will be affirmative but not informative.
What wild west approach?

Redford

aka Cabbie

>_>

"Wii U ST V: Some people take pleasure in terrible thread titles"

Kidding, Sadist ;P

I don't think we'll get any specific information, and definitely no game information, overall it'll just be general stuff. But that could be great too. We learned plenty about their online last time and they also teased partnerships "not previously considered" and other stuff. Who knows what we get in 2 weeks.

That way we can legitimately use star wars quotes when interacting with each other too. Some shmuck comes in and starts trolling people in the thread and gets rightly flamed...

If that happens, it'll be ruined by prequel quotes.

"Meesa Kaz Hirai!"

"A communications disruption could mean only one thing: Ninjas"

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the dudebros. At last we will have revenge."

"I don't like casual gaming. It's waggly and dumb and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is hard and core."

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think the extent of any real news from the investor meeting would most likely be along the lines of "a new Mario game for Wii U will be launching this fiscal year"

>_>

"Wii U ST V: Some people take pleasure in terrible thread titles"

Kidding, Sadist ;P

watchingyou.jpg

"Meesa Kaz Hirai!"

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the dudebros. At last we will have revenge."

"I don't like casual gaming. It's waggly and dumb and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is hard and core."

Bu.bu.but... those are actually better than all of my quotes!

HylianTom

Banned

"Meesa Kaz Hirai!"

Oh god. Can we do Mel Brooks quotes instead?

It's good to be the king!

GoodtobetheKing.jpg

To make up for the time I missed, I promise to make half of the posts in this thread.

You already post overreactions, then mock people for overreacting in the same way. To double that, you'll need to overreact even harder and then mock yourself in addition to other people.

It's tough but I think you can do it.

I think the extent of any real news from the investor meeting would most likely be along the lines of "a new Mario game for Wii U will be launching this fiscal year"
Won't even be that. They'll tease "exciting software" for E3 and maybe some new feature for the system.

HylianTom

Banned
You already post overreactions, then mock people for overreacting in the same way. To double that, you'll need to overreact even harder and then mock yourself in addition to other people.

It's tough but I think you can do it.

(psst.. it would fit with the whole "multiple personality" theme.. hehe..)

*whistles*

Oh god. Can we do Mel Brooks quotes instead?

It's good to be the king!

GoodtobetheKing.jpg

This is why you should be the "Wii U E3 OT2" theadmaster. Because your first post would be epic and full of all my favourite movies.

Not a fan of Men in Tights, though. Did I make a mistake in not liking it as much as his other works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom