• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullza2o

So given the recent rumors that seem to downgrade the Wii U, is it still possible to have Wii U games running on native 720p?

Price: $300, £240, 300Euro, 25k yen
Release date: October-Nov Worldwide
1st party launch titles: Wii U minigame collection, trailer for Retro's game, Lego City Stories, NSMB / New Mario, new Zelda trailer, Brain Training, Nintendo DS Virtual Console, built in applications - friends list, chat, market(s), social networking, video providers etc.
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent: 2.5x+, main discernable differences in dual screen aspect, fluid frame rates, nicer textures, and ground-up games.
E3 Surprise: Games, games, games and apps. I predict a blitz of a re-unveil and an awesome sizzle reel. Lots of big names chatting on screen about how excited they are. Big game and app names from IOS / Android world, but only really notable ones - I'm not predicting a market that will nurture such things in an original way. Unless something like Steam is on there. I can imagine them helping out to get themselves versions of the likes of Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Draw Something, Colours, ESPN, Sky etc.

I also think there will be a physical hardware feature that we have not been told about yet. Something that has ramifications for all games, and something that the competition won't have had the advance notice necessary to steal.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

$350
Nov 18
Built in games à la 3DS (probably will be the Wii U ____ titles), Pikmin 3, NSMBWIIU, U Snap Pokémon, 2D Metroid Dread, and another FPA from Retro :D
2.7 Xboxez
Wii U controller will be able to scan DBZ-like power levels of anything but in gamecube units.

So given the recent rumors that seem to downgrade the Wii U, is it still possible to have Wii U games running on native 720p?

The original Xbox was capable of running games natively at 720p. Resolution is relatively independent of performance level. It depends on what kind of game you're trying to run.

However, it's pretty apparent that any game that runs at 720p on a current console (and almost certainly games that run at sub-HD on current consoles) will be able to run at 720p on the Wii U, unless the porting is messed up by the developer.

Bullza2o

actually the most recent rumour makes the wiiU seem pretty good

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36838711&postcount=19142

That's not bad at all. The Xbox might be 1.5-2x more powerful than PS2, but that was when MHz CPUs were the norm. Now that every number in specs are a lot higher, the 1.5-2x can be very significant. I'm not worried at all.

Reggie said 1080p. The rumour said the downgrade was a weak CPU but graphics are fine.

Yeah, but I don't think he meant native 1080p, or did he?

edit: add in 60fps along with it

frostbyte

Impressive. I didn't expect Speculation thread IV that fast. btw, nice thread name.

any new rumours or tidbits from Ideaman? or just the usual discussion?

I also think there will be a physical hardware feature that we have not been told about yet. Something that has ramifications for all games, and something that the competition won't have had the advance notice necessary to steal.

Like that "free AA" rumour that was floating around in the middle of last thread?

What the fuck is wrong with you arseholes? Seriously, you guys need to calm the fuc-

*sees E3 bear on hype train*

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS, WII U WITH ZELDA AND METROID PRIME 4 FOR LAUNCH YEAAAAAHHHHHHH

That's not bad at all. The Xbox might be 1.5-2x more powerful than PS2, but that was when MHz CPUs were the norm. Now that every number in specs are a lot higher, the 1.5-2x can be very significant. I'm not worried at all.

Yeah, but I don't think he meant native 1080p, or did he?

edit: add in 60fps along with it
no one knows what he means because reggie talks a lot of shit but there is no reason given what we know that smaller titles couldn't be 1080p, but don't expect it to be a standard for all big games. Also 60fps will never ever ever ever ever happen for MOST games, because devs will always opt for better graphics.

Bullza2o

no one knows what he means because reggie talks a lot of shit but there is no reason given what we know that smaller titles couldn't be 1080p, but don't expect it to be a standard for all big games. Also 60fps will never ever ever ever ever happen for MOST games, because devs will always opt for better graphics.

That's true. I think Nintendo will probably be one of the few that will try to do 60fps whenever they are able to, which makes me excited :).

HylianTom

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with you arseholes? Seriously, you guys need to calm the fuc-

*sees E3 bear on hype train*

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS, WII U WITH ZELDA AND METROID PRIME 4 FOR LAUNCH YEAAAAAHHHHHHH

Perfect.

There really is no time like a Nintendo Launch Year. Long after the childhood magic of Christmas is gone and the droning of adulthood has begun, there's still some magic to be experienced. It is in years such as this, when we dream about what could be, about what will be. We reminisce about great times had in the past in similar years, and we hope that new memories will be created yet again.

"CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS," indeed. It's good to be here with all of you.
/sappy

AzaK

I also liked "Wii U Speculation Engine 4.0: It´s on par" from last thread. It references something specific that pretty much (hype train pics aside) caused the most amount of insane postery in the last month.

I missed that one. Would be brilliant.

OK Ideaman. We have a new thread, you've already said you have stuff to spill, can we have something to get this thread really rolling because it's dragging it's heels at the moment.

stalker

These threads have the highest rate of one-line or two-line posts I've ever seen on gaf (save E3 conferences threads). No suprise they grow so fast.

I say we start with predictions. It'll be fun to see where the community was at this point in time.

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

$349
November 18, 2012
New Super Mario Bros, Pikmin 3, new IP
2.5x
Smash Bros trailer, will release in 2013!

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
BTW, thread 3 has just started a new page.

So anyone that thought they made the final page - they haven't....

Unless they post again.

Sponge

Banned
I'm just surprised you guys can speculate so much on such little information. I'm concerned when we actually get some legitimate news on the Wii U. You'll make GAF explode!

Hmm. Given how hard Nintendo may be trying to be all buddy buddy with third parties this time around, perhaps the surprise announcement at the end of their E3 presentation will be a crossover game, like the much drooled-for Capcom vs Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom