• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
I would love to see a huge Zelda trilogy but Zelda fans are so picky unless it was a spin-off by someone outside of Nintendo they might scream bloody murder
Fans cry bloody murder at every opportunity.

If Nintendo just made it well, with their typical Nintendo-ey excellence, they'd be forgiven.

(that, and I'm imagining a sick collector's edition being released once the trilogy is finished. Do it, Nintendo!)

The idea of a visor anda/or head tracking sounds cool to me on the surface, but the thought of wearing something on my head is just laughable.I have no interest in a 3d tv for the same reason. I'm not wearing bulky attachments on my face to play games,
For whatever reason, I just got the image of me answering a knock at the door with a large visor still on my head.. haha..

I would not be the slightest bit upset if Nintendo decided to do this. Especially if they succeeded at writing a story with a cliffhanger that could leave people analyzing/debating it for the following three or four years while the sequel is in progress. That'd be fantastic.

no not years :( I'm too old for that shit

one per year for 3 years you be sweet

I would not be the slightest bit upset if Nintendo decided to do this. Especially if they succeeded at writing a story with a cliffhanger that could leave people analyzing/debating it for the following three or four years while the sequel is in progress. That'd be fantastic.

What if they made it end with a cliffhanger that gets resolved… with paid DLC?

Bagu

What if they made it end with a cliffhanger that gets resolved… with paid DLC?

gorilla.png

squid

The original trilogy of speculation threads were the best. Classics. This new sequel can't compare, I don't know what Luca... I mean Sadist was thinking.

HylianTom

Banned
no not years :( I'm too old for that shit

one per year for 3 years you be sweet

I'm not exactly a spring chicken either.

With a new Zelda game every 3 years (being optimistic), and me having ~43 years left until I reach the average age of death for males, I'd be pretty content to see another 14 mainline Zelda games made through the rest of my lifetime.

And I'm imagining the debates on line about which one is gamers' favorite. Wow.

HylianTom

Banned
Link does not get the Master Sword until the 3rd game :3

all of them on WiiU no waiting for new consoles

I'd be pissed if I had to wait for the Hookshot all the way until the third game. I wish we'd get the cooler items earlier so that we have time to enjoy them.
(and I wouldn't mind the Wii U lasting at least 6 or 7 years)

edit: Reaperettes are EVIL!

I'd be pissed if I had to wait for the Hookshot all the way until the third game. I wish we'd get the cooler items earlier so that we have time to enjoy them.
(and I wouldn't mind the Wii U lasting at least 6 or 7 years)

at the end of each game you get one of the 3 triforce pieces

and not you'll have to wait for hookshot and have to backtrack all over the place

you meet Zelda only once in the first game you never see her in the second and have to wait until the epilogue of the 3rd game to see her :p

that should drive you Zelda fans up the deku tree

Anth0ny

I would love to see a huge Zelda trilogy but Zelda fans are so picky unless it was a spin-off by someone outside of Nintendo they might scream bloody murder

Shit son.

This is my dream scenario if the franchise is handed over to Retro. A trilogy spanning the entire gen. Kinda like they did with Metroid Prime.

If we could get 3 Ass Creeds, 3 Mass Effects and 3 Uncharteds, I want 3 console Zeldas, damn it!

HylianTom

Banned

and not you'll have to wait for hookshot and have to backtrack all over the place

you meet Zelda only once in the first game you never see her in the second and have to wait until the epilogue of the 3rd game to see her :p

Each piece of Triforce would provide a different ability. No - wait! Better yet, a fairy associated with each piece will "recognize" Link as the Hero by granting him a new power or spell or skill.

The whole not-meeting-Zelda-again-until-the-end seems pretty standard. No problems there.

I'd also hope for a landscape that's appropriately large for such a huge journey. I mean.. a trilogy? That sounds like the world would take-up a lot of real estate.

The original trilogy of speculation threads were the best. Classics. This new sequel can't compare, I don't know what Luca... I mean Sadist was thinking.

Are you kidding? We got a permaban on day 2!

The 26th will be amazing, whether or not Nintendo's actual presentation is.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Aye, thanks for the feedback. I just hate seeing them constantly go back in the timeline, redefining which game is really first.

Makes it pretty clear that they have no idea what they're doing when it comes to writing. If that's one thing that I dislike about Zelda these days, its the writing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Shit son.

This is my dream scenario if the franchise is handed over to Retro. A trilogy spanning the entire gen. Kinda like they did with Metroid Prime.

If we could get 3 Ass Creeds, 3 Mass Effects and 3 Uncharteds, I want 3 console Zeldas, damn it!

Yeah, but they people are gonna call bullshit on Nintendo for releasing 3 Zeldas so fast, milking the franchise, WHILE ignoring that others are doing the exact same thing but still get a free pass, because AT LEAST IT'S NOT NINTENDO.

Luigiv

Here's something I was thinking about last night...

We've never had much continuity in Zelda... In terms of continuing a story. Last time a direct sequel really happened was Majora's Mask after OoT, but even that didn't really have much to do with Ocarina.

Would gamers be upset if Zelda games had "sequels"? If the games were compact and great in their own rights, would it bother you if the story unfolded in a future game?

No it wasn't. The Last direct sequel was Spirit Tracks after Phantom Hourglass which itself was a direct sequel to Wind Waker.

Shit son.

We've gotten confirmation that Retro isn't working on Zelda, right?

Anth0ny

Each piece of Triforce would provide a different ability. No - wait! Better yet, a fairy associated with each piece will "recognize" Link as the Hero by granting him a new power or spell or skill.

The whole not-meeting-Zelda-again-until-the-end seems pretty standard. No problems there.

I'd also hope for a landscape that's appropriately large for such a huge journey. I mean.. a trilogy? That sounds like the world would take-up a lot of real estate.

I'm thinking the sequels would be like OOT -> MM (to a third game). Perhaps the first would take place in Hyrule, the second in another region and the third in another, ending with you returning to Hyrule and fighting Ganon or something.

fuck this is never going to happen =(

Yeah, but they people are gonna call bullshit on Nintendo for releasing 3 Zeldas so fast, milking the franchise, WHILE ignoring that others are doing the exact same thing but still get a free pass, because AT LEAST IT'S NOT NINTENDO.

The last time they "milked" their games like other devs do (same engine and graphics, different levels/environments), they released Majora's Mask and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Not bad.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

At the end of the first game you get a triforce piece. Right before the end of the second game you get the second piece...only to have Ganon take both from you and use them to kill Zelda, getting the third from her. "To be continued..."

HylianTom

Banned
I wish for a very dark Zelda near The Wither 1 dark
but maybe they need to test this out with a New IP

why can't we have 2 fantasy worlds at Nintendo?

This is going to sound like tripe to a lot of folks, but I'd love to see if Nintendo could out-wRPG most wRPG makers.

Make a classic cRPG with classic RPG classes:
knight - archer - cleric - sorcerer - druid - paladin - thief - etc - etc

Trolls, elves, dwarves, humans, goblins, elaborate character creations, party or solo play, rare loot/artifacts, castles, keeps, caves, tombs, palaces, temples, underground lakes, thieves' dens, villages, trainers, etc etc etc.

It'd be a very un-Nintendo thing for them to do. But the genre hasn't seen many good entries since the late 1990s..

(new Halo game comes out)

"More of the same, baby! 10/10"

(Mario Galaxy 2)

"DRLEJKWREK NINTENDO'S REHASHING MARIO AGAIN GOD WHY CAN'T THEY DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL THAT I CAN NOT BUY LIKE XENOBLADE"

I'm thinking the sequels would be like OOT -> MM (to a third game). Perhaps the first would take place in Hyrule, the second in another region and the third in another, ending with you returning to Hyrule and fighting Ganon or something.

a version or combo of anything we can think of will happen I mean Zelda is here to stay as long as Nintendo is around even after Miyamoto retires this series has many direction it can go.

The fact that its mostly a different Link in each game all we are asking is 3 games in the Life on one Link

HylianTom

Banned

Sounds about right. Never will come to fruition.

But I'm sure I'll plenty enjoy what they do end-up making. I just wish that they were more ambitious with the scale of their efforts. Their style and substance are pretty good.

Woohoo, I fixed the stupid bug that I thought was being caused by "Yesterday" and "Today". Turns out that people with special tags were messing up my grep statements.

I fixed the "Yesterday" and "Today" bugs. It's annoying, because I have to make the scripts compatible with two separate operating systems that have entirely different date functions. But it finally works!

I think I know where I'm going with this. I'm going to find the first day and the last day and make counter variables for each of the days (like a simple array), and just increment each when a date in their zone is found. Then the result will be a post per day chart. It'll be pretty easy (but not as easy) to do this by hour. Any unit of time finer than that would require too much brain.

So what it's worth, I did a quick scan of Threads 3 and 4.

The slowest pages (50ppp, not what I'd prefer, but what the default for not logged in access, which the script is limited to) in this thread are p36 at 321min followed by p18 at 198min then p17 at 189min.

In comparison, Thread 3's slowest pages are p398 at 1027min, p135 at 654min and p321 at 483min. As you can see, as a thread gets older, it tends to slow down. There are fourteen pages in that thread that are slower than our thread's p36, and there are fifty-four pages larger than our p18!

All this data is completely useless, but it's fun to write useless code now and again. :D :D :D

This is going to sound like tripe to a lot of folks, but I'd love to see if Nintendo could out-wRPG most wRPG makers.

Make a classic cRPG with classic RPG classes:
knight - archer - cleric - sorcerer - druid - paladin - thief - etc - etc

Trolls, elves, dwarves, humans, goblins, elaborate character creations, party or solo play, rare loot/artifacts, castles, keeps, caves, tombs, palaces, temples, underground lakes, thieves' dens, villages, trainers, etc etc etc.

It'd be a very un-Nintendo thing for them to do. But the genre hasn't seen many good entries since the late 1990s..

I'm in!

I think they do need these with the HD platforms now

Anth0ny

a version or combo of anything we can think of will happen I mean Zelda is here to stay as long as Nintendo is around even after Miyamoto retires this series has many direction it can go.

The fact that its mostly a different Link in each game all we are asking is 3 games in the Life on one Link

It'll probably be like this:

2016 release.

Aonuma directing it again.

More padding than Skyward Sword.

A sidekick lives in your Wii U controller and is always tapping at the screen, just in case you need her help.

whatever it turns out to be I cannot wait for the WiiU Zelda and I've yet to purchase a copy of Skyward Sword :(

My lost of vision really messes up my Wii gaming I am hoping to play them on the WiiU pad with uPad controls instead hopefully Nintendo will port them over

Terrell

Well, I can see I didn't miss much, even discussion-wise (since we spent 2 pages gasping and/or clapping over a BAN). Can I have the hour I spent reviewing this thread back, guys?

GPW doing more optimization than some Wii U devs.

:D

…now I'm sleepy. Tomorrow, I have to remove many rocks from my new garden and plant a bunch of lawn seed all around my yard. I will say hello in here now and then, and hopefully I do play more with scripting. Best case scenario is that there'll be a gaf graphing tool to play with over the next week, so there'll be slightly less boredom caused by it not yet being the 26th.

Well, I can see I didn't miss much, even discussion-wise (since we spent 2 pages gasping and/or clapping over a BAN). Can I have the hour I spent reviewing this thread back, guys?

No way. You didn't read closely enough. You missed my programming efforts!

mostly you missed tons of mutant Nintendo people pictures

fernoca

Wait..a ban? Who was banned?
I think I have an idea, if there was clapping... :p

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions

Thanks for the link bgasssassin. It makes sense that they're working on this even if it doesn't see commercial release. To add slightly more fuel to the fire, I remember Anouma or Miyamoto saying that Zelda: TP (GC) would be the last traditionally controlled Zelda. If they are going with motion controls for the series in the future and taking into account that they have been experimenting with visors and first person, I still see it as a possibility.

The "have to do something unique" excuse is exactly that.

It's a guise to ho-hum desire to make games for the platform.

You know if it happens, the result won't likely be revolutionary, just make games for the system already.
Actually, it would be pretty revolutionary, especially with motion controls as well. You would have a true VR environment. As far as "doing something unique" there are two positives.

1. It creates intrigue, hype and potentially demand for that technology. It is the ultimate source of advertisement. If you can get people talking about it, it makes the job of selling it much easier.

2. Games will eventually lead to a VR environment. How it will ultimately end up is anyones guess, but a visor is the most practical way of doing it at the current time. As has already been stated, the Wii U will have the capability to do this, it's only a question of if they release it.

Fans cry bloody murder at every opportunity.

If Nintendo just made it well, with their typical Nintendo-ey excellence, they'd be forgiven.

(that, and I'm imagining a sick collector's edition being released once the trilogy is finished. Do it, Nintendo!)

For whatever reason, I just got the image of me answering a knock at the door with a large visor still on my head.. haha..

My thinking is that it wouldn't be a requirement (at least not at first) so fans wouldn't be forced to use it. If it catches on, it may become standard though.

The idea of having cameras in front of the visor could also create an AR type game. Imagine placing those little cards all over your room to create a level.

DefectiveReject has made his exit. He won't be coming back.

Aye, he played the "How many gaffers and nerd websites can you simultroll with a single picture in a single post?" game.

The Wii Entertainment System "leak" made it to three or four news sites and about eight forums in well under an hour.

Clarification: It was untrue.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Aye, he played the "How many gaffers and nerd websites can you simultroll with a single picture in a single post?" game.

The Wii Entertainment System "leak" made it to three or four news sites and about eight forums in well under an hour.

People are still tweeting about it even now... It just shows how rumours can get out of hand.

fernoca

DefectiveReject has made his exit. He won't be coming back.

Darn. I saw that earlier....thought it wasn't going to cause such things; even after it was posted as a seprate thread. :p

Wait..a ban? Who was banned?
I think I have an idea, if there was clapping... :p

DefectiveReject posted a faked Webpage which helped spread an aforementioned false Wii U story and thought that was funny when all it did was waste our time and the time of some other forums and sites. Then he played it like he was trying to teach us a lesson about how gullible we and the press can be about Wii U info and also acted like he didn't really fake the webpage or maybe he still did but in a really irritatingly vague way that he thought was still somehow acceptable? Thankfully law and order prevailed 'cuz the mods noticed and were like....

WyidZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom