• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameE

L9cPO.png

Theres more at the link like how they think it will be on the market for 5-10 years, power will meet expectations, etc.

HylianTom

Banned
I love this picture
And I am in the mood for a Nintendo Direct.

I'd be in the mood for another goofy Nintendo Direct thread. That was some of the most nonsensical goofiness.. hehe..

Even if Direct were to provide zilch again, we'd still have a good time hyping it.

LOCK

You're thinking of Project Offset.

It was one of those weird independent games that some people are now rationalising could appear on Wii U, in the most contrived ways.

Like Hawken. I don't even know where that Hawken Wii U stuff came from.

Thanks guys.

I'm not a fan of Killer Freaks core gameplay, but the use of the tablet to create enemies for the other player(s?) was pretty slick.

I meant to respond to this much sooner, but this does bring up the possibility of taking "cross genre" gaming to a different level.

With KF's multiplayer we're looking at RTS vs FPS in that one. The extra screen could allow for two different genres to happen at once like what we saw in the KF demo.

Which brings me back to my idea for a new Retro game staring Anthony Higgs as an intergalactic peacekeeper.

This time, you will remember him!

I meant to respond to this much sooner, but this does bring up the possibility of taking "cross genre" gaming to a different level.

With KF's multiplayer we're looking at RTS vs FPS in that one. The extra screen could allow for two different genres to happen at once like what we saw in the KF demo.

I rather like the idea of having an FPS/RTS/MMO hybrid, where the TV is you in FPS mode, doing quests and gathering materials, and the touch screen is your base that you build while you're out and you have to defend it from other players. You can build at any time, as long as you have resources.

The E3 info is going to last us a week or two, and then we'll begin to go crazy over release date, price, launch titles, pre-orders, etc. Definitely going to be a maddening summer.

Ugh, I really hope you're wrong and they at least give us the launch line up. I can definitely live without date and price for awhile but not knowing what's going to available for launch all summer would really bug me.

:O Possibilty for UE4 increasing?

^ I really think Conker would have been more successful as a GC launch titile.

I rather like the idea of having an FPS/RTS/MMO hybrid, where the TV is you in FPS mode, doing quests and gathering materials, and the touch screen is your base that you build while you're out and you have to defend it from other players. You can build at any time, as long as you have resources.

I actually like that idea. Maybe the controller action could also include some tower defense action while you're out gathering materials and what not.

Luigiv

I think what the Nicalis dude is actually saying is that it will be Nintendo's most capable system. As in, its features will make it stand out and last longer in the market.

No reading the quote in context, he's just stating the obvious to get his actual point across.

BD1

Banned
Conker was such a good goddamn idea. Nintendo should have bought it from Rare and turned into into their "mature" franchise.

I said this in an earlier thread, the trailers for "Ted" have made me very nostalgic for Conker.

I wish Nintendo would just cut Microsoft a check for some of those IP. Microsoft is letting them rot.

BD1

Banned
Oh geez. I can't stand Conker's writing. I usually don't mind dark or dirty humor so much, but man that game just rubs me the wrong way.

The irony of a cute cuddly squirrel on a Nintendo platform that pisses and cusses was brilliant. If a sequel was made today, with the industry so much different now than in 2001, I'm sure the script would be farmed out to some Hollywood comedy writers.

To bad it bombed. Although that was mainly Nintendo's fault. Less than 50,000 units.

Took this out of my last post to put on new page.

If you upload images in the the 3DS 3d image format do they show up in post in 3D when using the 3DS browser?
3D.

^lol tom

Azure J

Conker was such a good goddamn idea. Nintendo should have bought it from Rare and turned into into their "mature" franchise.

The idea of Nintendo having a Stitch type character/franchise that pretty much shits on everything that makes Nintendo, well Nintendo, was really something that should have been capitalized on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom