• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread The Third: Casting Dreams in The Castle of Miyamoto

We know the Wii U won't make Wii/Gamecube all pretty like the Dolphin emulator does, but I wonder if Nintendo would consider individual upscaled releases on the online store. Sort of like the 3d classics for 3DS.

I bet they could make decent profit off of minimal work.
I expect VC Gamecube releases to do this probably. Just like VC N64 games on Wii render at 480p.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I didn't realize it used the PS Move. I wonder if they have tinkered with Wiimote stuff too?

Well, from a few interviews of the new lead designer of the serie, Hayashi, i bet they will focus their development on padlet applications, but we can't exclude a Wii U - mote control scheme in the options as it will be already available for the PS3 with the move.

Here's one

While on the subject of change, we turned our attention to Wii U, Nintendo’s upcoming console, slated to arrive during the second half of 2012. Ninja Gaiden 3 should appear on the system, but Team Ninja faces yet another challenge in making this edition, debuting several months after the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 SKUs, appealing to gamers who own all consoles.

“Right now, we want to develop for Wii U, but we need to take some time to figure out how to make Ninja Gaiden 3 innovative and fit the hardware. We’ll think about Wii U and see how we can implement new features instead of rushing it.”

We can surely expect some controls like the DS opus, Dragon Sword, with attacks depending on different movements on the touchscreen. I hope to see some kind of shuriken throwing like one the E3 2011 Wii U demo, it should be fun :)

Some new videos of Ninja Gaiden 3 scheduled in a "special version" for Wii U, from 4Gamer

- A commercial

- A ten minutes long video, beware of the spoilers

- And some new ones: 1, 2

It's rather gore & bloody at some times.

And hey there :)

Once thing I failed to understand upon watching these Youtube videos, is said NG3 WiiU's footage due to be disclosed, and if the case is positive when?

Edit: I misread your post, you're just reminding how WiiU's version is bound to be released with supposedly exclusive features, that is no news.

guek

Banned
Wii U ninja gaiden will be interesting. I'll pick it up pending good reviews since I always appreciate a bloody hack n' slash. Hopefully those extra few months will give them time to make the game distinct from the PS360 version.

I imagine the Wii U version will have the inevitable DLC, will probably add a Kasumi section if she's not in the game already, and have a Dragon Sword-style control scheme.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Once thing I failed to understand upon watching these Youtube videos, is said NG3 WiiU's footage due to be disclosed, and if the case is positive when?

Edit: I misread your post, you're just reminding how WiiU's version is bound to be released with supposedly exclusive features, that is no news.

These videos are new, it's a game scheduled for Wii U, and we can expect AT LEAST the same visual quality on the Big N next-gen system, so it's relevant to see the final advancements on this title in the graphical department.

Don't expect the Wii U version of all these softs to be in 1080p, twice the polygons used, 10 type of new effects not managed by PS360 GPU, etc. It will not differ A LOT from these new footages, so it's interesting to see them, and i can say the same for each of these future ports :)

I hope there is a ton of stuff shown at E3. Outside of Pikmin 3, anything with a number in the title is gonna get passed over by me in favor of new stuff.

Which I guess isn't saying much since I haven't played the Darksiders/Assassins Creed/Ninja Gaiden franchises anyway.

Anth0ny

These videos are new, it's a game scheduled for Wii U, and we can expect AT LEAST the same visual quality on the Big N next-gen system, so it's relevant to see the final advancements on this title in the graphical department.

Don't expect the Wii U version of all these softs to be in 1080p, twice the polygons used, 10 type of new effects not handled by PS360 GPU, etc. It will not differ A LOT from what we can see in these new footages, so it's interesting to see them, and i can say the same for each of these future ports :)

Wii U=360 graphics confirmed =(

Since this thread is all about crazy rumours and speculations, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned today's news of Crytek unveiling a new big game next month?

If you ask me, it's not anything WiiU-related, but who knows?...

tkscz

Wii U=360 graphics confirmed =(

4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg

sinxtanx

Since this thread is all about crazy rumours and speculations, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned today's news of Crytek unveiling a new big game next month?

If you ask me, it's not anything WiiU-related, but who knows?...

Well it is new Crytek, and new Crytek likes to show off multiplatform compability.
It could also just be some exclusive for GFACE, because that service is in dire need of some killer app.

Thread speed still at 25 pph
DEFCON 5

Emitan

I don't understand how you people can do this for so long. I just don't get it.

Please make more UI mockups, they're my favorite part

Since 2008, which Nintendo Studio do you expect was actively developing Pikmin 3?

The Studio that previously worked on Pikmin, and I could only assume is working on Pikmin 3 was previously working on the Pikmin new play control games which released in 08, and new super mario bros Wii which was released at the tail end of 2009. Active Development on Pikmin 3 started late 2009 at the earliest.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Yes, but the one for Wii U is named Razors edge at the end.

If you want to say that these videos are not Wii U footages, then yes, i explained why me, and a lot of gaming websites, still post new movies about these "future Wii U ports", in a previous post.

When you see a new video of PS360 NG3, Project Cars, AC or Darksiders 2 for example, you have to tell yourself "well, the Wii U version will be more like that than the same title with 2x the resolution, 2x more complex models, tons of more effects here and there". Of course, there will be improvements, but not to the point that you'll not recognize the game, if some gafers around here are like "hey, it's PS360 footage, i don't care, the Wii U ones will crush those to an extent that they are completely different", then you set yourself for some disappointments. A lot of factors can explain that, they are ports (not engine tailored for the Wii U guts), these studios will not have the time nor the money nor the manpower to build "from scratch" the Wii U version, you have to consider the padlet screen which will display, for some of these games, rather intricate things (not virtual buttons and a 2D map + inventory) that the hardware must generate + other reasons.

guek

Banned
I don't understand how you people can do this for so long. I just don't get it.

Please make more UI mockups, they're my favorite part

Nintendo fans - we be enthusiastic

Is Crytek really hyping up the announcement? Not to add delusional fuel to the hype train, but I wonder if it'll line up with next month's nintendo direct...

sinxtanx

They said something along the lines of BEST THING EVER LARGE DICKS

I would have preferred Your pants will be shocked and horrified

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If you want to say that these videos are not Wii U footages, then yes, i explained why me, and a lot of gaming websites, still post new movies about these "future Wii U ports", in a previous post.

When you see a new video of PS360 NG3, Project Cars, AC or Darksiders 2 for example, you have to tell yourself "well, the Wii U version will be more like that than the same title with 2x the resolution, 2x more complex models, tons of more effects here and there". Of course, there will be improvements, but not to the point that you'll not recognize the game, if some gafers around here are like "hey, it's PS360 footage, i don't care, the Wii U ones will crush those to an extent that they are completely different", then you set yourself for some disappointments. A lot of factors can explain that, they are ports (not engine tailored for the Wii U guts), these studios will not have the time nor the money nor the manpower to build "from scratch" the Wii U version, you have to consider the padlet screen which will display, for some of these games, rather intricate things (not virtual buttons and a 2D map + inventory) that the hardware must generate + other reasons.

Quiet resonable.

Lausebub

Banned
Did anyone post the interview with Ancel yet? He's talking about the Wii U being cool and that he likes the possible combination of
both the pad and buttons at the same time.

Anth0ny

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is a good bet if they want to squeeze one out at launch. They could charge full MSRP again and people would buy it.

They could charge double MSRP for Wind Waker HD and I'd buy it.

Seriously, that's my most hyped game for Wii U right now. Don't make us wait too long, Nintendo.

it still would be nice to finally see a WiiU logo at the end of one of these trailers its like it does not even exist :p

guek

Banned
it still would be nice to finally see a WiiU logo at the end of one of these trailers its like it does not even exist :p

Perhaps the whole reason nintendo is prohibiting the use of the Wii U logo is because the system is so far away ahead of the current gen that using PS360 footage is wholly insufficient in properly conveying the graphical fortitude of their new console. [/deludedoptimist]

Wolfie5

Yes, and you are probably right that the graphics will be pretty much the same with maybe small differences. But until than, we can be sure that these are not Wii U footages since it´s named differently.

Perhaps the whole reason nintendo is prohibiting the use of the Wii U logo is because the system is so far away ahead of the current gen that using PS360 footage is wholly insufficient in properly conveying the graphical fortitude of their new console. [/deludedoptimist]

reasonable but still borders fanboy talk, they need to start advertising that the WiiU is getting some major 3rd Party support

I they just going to put WiiU versions of these trailers out themselves? IdeaMan is right these devs don't have the man power and money to build a WiiU version from the ground up so you cannot expect much more from a port visually especially new hardware that they are still getting to know

botty

Banned
I saw a youtube video of someone playing MW3 on Wii. I'm definitely ready to move onto the HD side of gaming with Nintendo.

I also believe New Super Mario Bros. Mii will be the family friendly launch title that uses NN.

Top Bottom