• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy last minute predictions for Japanese 3rd party stuff

could be retail or eShop:

Circle of Mana: Shapely Rounded (Square Enix)
The World Ends With You: Courageously Standard (Square Enix)
Mega Man Universe (Capcom)
Dragon's Dogma: The Ultimate Breath of Fire EX (Capcom)
Fatal Frame/Project Zero V: Phearphul Photography (Tecmo Koei)
YAIBA: You're All Inredibly Boned, America (Tecmo Koei/Comcept [Inafune's game])
Tales of Symphonia HD Collection (Namco Bandai)
Gundam: Gun, Damn U! (Namco Bandai)
Seaman 2: Unleashed (SEGA)
U R A Phantasy Star (SEGA)
Love Plus U (Konami)

I hate to be the one to tell you this... but you know Mega Man Universe got cancelled right?

I hate to be the one to tell you this... but you know Mega Man Universe got cancelled right?
Maybe you missed the keyword CRAZY?

new nsmbu info now stop crying about waggle punks!

- shake the GamePad or press ZR to give Squirrel Suit Mario a second jump
- ZR can also be used to pick up items or using colored Yoshi powers
- some areas of the game will require motion control
- Super Guide returning

Tehalemi

Hey guys. <3 Been away since yesterday, internet went out. :(

Any news since I guess 8pm yesterday? :/

I'm still catching up so bear with me here...

D-e-f-

Banned
Hey guys. <3 Been away since yesterday, internet went out. :(

Any news since I guess 8pm yesterday? :/

I'm still catching up so bear with me here...

Oh, we've had our fill with bearing today :D (E3 Bear came back for a while^^)

All you missed were the following announcements:

Japanese Nintendo Direct - 3 AM EST, US time & 9 AM EU time/8 AM UK (UStream link)
North American NY Press Event Livestream - 10 AM EST, US & 4 PM EU/3 PM UK
European Nintendo Direct - same time as NY Livestream

so juicy bits from Japan and then the region specific stuff later that day with 2 stream simultaneously.

What you did there... I see it :D

I was hoping somebody would :p

Oh... well then you misspelled "Mega Man Legends 3" which is what you obviously meant.

Maybe the game turns out to be both lol
Capcapom be crazy

Oersted

YAIBA: You're All Inredibly Boned, America (Tecmo Koei/Comcept [Inafune's game])
Love Plus U (Konami)

Crazy last minute predictions for Japanese 2rd party stuff

Mother 4 (Monolith Soft)

We have to mention this title more often ;)

Maybe you missed the keyword CRAZY?

new nsmbu info now stop crying about waggle punks!

Good to know.

Love Plus U (Konami)

Anything Tales of and Fatal Frame would be the best outcome for me when it comes to possible known IP. Hopefully it doesn't end up like current Japanese 3DS Directs, with J-Pop and fashion games, etc lol :(

D-e-f-

Banned

I'm actually somewhat serious about these two, I must confess.

Oersted

image.php

screw you nibel and my incompetence in creating pics. i want this too

jerd

Didn't Reggie say (I know, I know it is Reggie) at one point something like "If there is a game you are looking forward to on other consoles, odds are you will see it on Wii U, even if it hasn't been formally announced"? That's an ultra paraphrase but I distinctly remember reading that. I ask because I'm really hoping for a Borderlands 2 announcement tomorrow
#NotGonnaHappen

Edit: Also, do you notice how Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart and SSB (Sakurai is heading Namco for the next smash) all have their own dedicated studios? Do you think Nintendo would ever outsource a Pokemon, Mario or Zelda to a western studio like DKRC was? Or Team Ninja doing a Mario or Zelda? No. That's what I meant by A and B tiers.

I do, Nintendo outsourced Minish Cap & Four Swords to Capcom.

Donkey Kong is A tier for sure, it's just not S rank like Mario & Wii Fit.

Pineconn

I see that a number of people are pulling for the 3 SKUs at $250, $300, and $350, but also believe that the Wii U will be available in white in black. Does this imply that 6 actual bundles are coming? Or is there the possibility that there might be a "casual" bundle with white and a "hardcore" bundle with black (and an additional one)?

For one, I do believe we will see both black and white, but I have no ideas what the SKUs might be.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Apparently the real Wii U dashboard is now available to studios. So they will know it before the conferences of tomorrow. But it's a recent arrival, they had a placeholder until lately.

For the appearance, it seems it's a continuation of the Wii dashboard with some elements from the 3DS one. Not a revolution as some may have expected, but it's doing its job + may not be final yet. Some services are not accessible to devs, like miiverse.

For the appearance, it seems it's a continuation of the Wii dashboard with some elements from the 3DS one. Not a revolution as some may have expected, but it's doing its job + may not be final yet. .

Hopefully Game Notes, Friends List, Web Browser and Notifications all accessible whilst in a game. I love that aspect of the 3DS dash.

EDIT: Thanks for the update.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I see that a number of people are pulling for the 3 SKUs at $250, $300, and $350, but also believe that the Wii U will be available in white in black. Does this imply that 6 actual bundles are coming? Or is there the possibility that there might be a "casual" bundle with white and a "hardcore" bundle with black (and an additional one)?

For one, I do believe we will see both black and white, but I have no ideas what the SKUs might be.

Nintendo do seem to be only showing the black version in emails advertising the conference / Nintendo Direct.

Hoodbury

Apparently the real Wii U dashboard is now available to studios. So they will know it before the conferences of tomorrow. But it's a recent arrival, they had a placeholder until lately.

For the appearance, it seems it's a continuation of the Wii dashboard with some elements from the 3DS one. Not a revolution as some may have expected, but it's doing its job + may not be final yet. Some services are not accessible to devs, like miiverse.

I thought Miiverse was the dashboard?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sunday, November 18. 3 skus at launch: $249, $299, $349. $349 sku comes bundled with NintendoLand and an extra controller.

Nothing uses an extra controller though. I could see the pro pad, or Wii Remote + Nunchuck bundled in, but not another tablet.

Oersted

so wii dasboard with folders?

D-e-f-

Banned
Didn't Reggie say (I know, I know it is Reggie) at one point something like "If there is a game you are looking forward to on other consoles, odds are you will see it on Wii U, even if it hasn't been formally announced"? That's an ultra paraphrase but I distinctly remember reading that. I ask because I'm really hoping for a Borderlands 2 announcement tomorrow
#NotGonnaHappen

Yea no, Borderlands 2 is definitely not gonna happen. He was very likely referring specifically to Black Ops 2 (because from his perspective: "you" = hardcore market = Call of Duty audience)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I thought Miiverse was the dashboard?

I'm guessing Ideaman is referring to what the player sees on the Gamerpad.

Nothing uses an extra controller though. I could see the pro pad, or Wii Remote + Nunchuck bundled in, but not another tablet.

If NintendoLand is bundled, I imagine a Motionplus controller will be as well. So far, the Zelda and Metroid games require it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
They just use black to differentiate it from the Wii. I'm pretty sure white will be an option.

It's an option on their website (along with black).

Madden probably uses two gamepads.

Give me that activity log WiiU dashboard!

Unfortunately, that is probably a feature that will be saved for Madden 2014. I would love to be wrong though.....

Aguila

#ICONIC

Ooooo.
Speaking of services, I hope Nintendo officially announces Gamecube Virtual Console games or at least support for them later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom