• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

Why would retro do something they were never proficient at? Shooting mechanics were never their strong suit! making a straight-up shooter would be such a waste of their talent!

Retro's next game after Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was Donkey Kong Country Returns - a 2D platformer. After that, they helped out with Mario Kart 7 - a kart racer. Just with the tracks I think but still. They could make a puzzle game for all I care and it'd probably end up being great.

Unless you're insinuating that the shooting mechanics in the Prime series wasn't good -_-

onilink88

Thought I'd join in the Photoshop box art fun. A quick one for TLoZ:
tlozwiiu.png

Also found a neat video of the Sacred Grove rendered with Cry Engine. Artistic proficiency is lacking, but it's still neat to see what can be brought to Zelda with modern tech.

jmizzal

A Rumor nice something to talk about lol

I think Metroid is coming to WiiU next year rather its Prime or what ever, nintendo ignored Metroids 25th, they even have something for Kirby, poor Samus :(

I never played NG 3 myself, but from watching the video reviews/gameplay videos it really seemed like a repetitive game with not a lot of extras to unlock or nearly as many moves as the previous games. Not to mention cut out dismemberment......

So for the Wii U version it's looking like they might have fixed a lot of that stuff from what I've heard/read:

-Dismemberment put back in
-More moves to unlock including more Ninpo specials
-More weapons to unlock
-Increased difficulty/more advanced enemy artificial intelligence
-More enemy types to fight against

It sounds like a return to previous Ninja Gaiden games......which is a good thing right?

If you have a 360 or a PS3, download the demo. It's repetetive, easy, and takes itself WAY too seriously. During fights, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO TOUCH THE DAMN CONTROL STICK!!! Just randomly mash X and Y (Square and Triangle on PS3) while enemies walk up to you reeeeeeeeeeally sloooooooooowly and deal minimal damage. Then after mashing buttons 30 or 40 times, press B to use a room-clearing ninpo attack, wash, rinse, repeat.

maeda

Retro's next game after Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was Donkey Kong Country Returns - a 2D platformer. After that, they helped out with Mario Kart 7 - a kart racer. Just with the tracks I think but still. They could make a puzzle game for all I care and it'd probably end up being great.

Unless you're insinuating that the shooting mechanics in the Prime series wasn't good -_-

Exactly! Shooting mechanics in all 3 Primes were good, not stellar! For example boss fights were awesome not thanks to the shooting mechanics, but due to them being puzzles in essence.

http://playeressence.com/metroid-prime-4/ Again, it's a rumor. Personally, I would love to see another first person Metroid game (even better: a 2.5D sidescroller), but Metroid Prime ended. THere is not much that you could go off of for MP4. Hell, the 100% ending was too vague to make anything of it.

There could be another game along the same timeline if you cast your mind back to that mystery ship at the end. I'd love another Metroid FPA, the GamePad is perfect for it. Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo announce and/or show what Retro and/or Monolith Soft are developing on the 13th along with some big name third party titles such as BlOps 2...

...or maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment lol

Earendil

They shouldn't anyway.

Wii U is next gen so the comparisons should be relative to PS4/720 whereas Wii was still apart of the PS3/360 generation.

Actually the whole review process is weird. For example, Crysis 2 on PC has better graphics than the console versions yet IGN gave them all the same score.

Well, I know they shouldn't, but that didn't stop them from doing it. If they don't do likewise for PS360 games compared to WiiU games, then they are hypocrites. But that's nothing new.

Shouldn't it be relative? Otherwise you'd have to score Wii games graphics compared to PS360 games, and etc.

I dunno, in that case some Wii games would have to score a "10" for graphics (since PS360 games do)...and I doubt any did. Anyways I digress.

But that's exactly what happened. See IGN's Xenoblade review: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/03/xenoblade-chronicles-review?page=2

onilink88

It's way too early to tease us with such awesome Legend of Zelda Wii U boxart.

Eat your hearts out.

There could be another game along the same timeline if you cast your mind back to that mystery ship at the end. I'd love another Metroid FPA, the GamePad is perfect for it. Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo announce and/or show what Retro and/or Monolith Soft are developing on the 13th along with some big name third party titles such as BlOps 2...

...or maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment lol

Might have an idea on what Monolith Soft's up to. There's that UFO picture, and if you visit their site, the Wii U project banner has droplets of water on it, therefore the only logical conclusion one can come to is that... they're working on an alien swimming JRPG.

Earendil

Eat your hearts out.

Might have an idea on what Monolith Soft's up to. There's that UFO picture, and if you visit their site, the Wii U project banner has droplets of water on it, therefore the only logical conclusion one can come to is that... they're working on an alien swimming JRPG.

Or a game about rain....

black wiiu basically confirmed. i guess

The fact that some preproduction demo units are black doesn't mean anything, and definitely not anything near "confirmation". Nintendo had this at E3:

game-news-image-2011-7e6dd5abdb333436110939347a2fd01d.jpg

But the 3DS didn't launch in orange. Nor purple, white, or any of the other colors they showed off, except blue and black.

The fact that some preproduction demo units are black doesn't mean anything, and definitely not anything near "confirmation". Nintendo had this at E3:

game-news-image-2011-7e6dd5abdb333436110939347a2fd01d.jpg

But the 3DS didn't launch in orange. Nor purple, white, or any of the other colors they showed off, except blue and black.
But the fact that they are advertised in gamestop is.

MegalonJJ

Banned

But, the purple, orange, white colours weren't playable (I'm pretty sure of this) at E3 '10.

Likewise with the Wii at E3 '06 only white was playable.

Since E3 '12 both black and white units have been playable, with a strong focus on the black one.

I think it will launch, in at least one territory (most likely North America), in both black and white.

(Possibly white only in Europe).

Oersted

Like Jet Jaguar already said they haven´t been playable. There wasn´t official promo stuff from Nintendo. And right now, you can choose on the official european and american wiiu sites between a black and a white wiiu.

Oersted

This was on the official Wii page at Nintendo.com before launch:
they are letting you play the black wiiu. they are letting you specifically choose between both colors. thats a little bit more than just looking at it. but right now, lets stop arguing. we don´t know. end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom