• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

japtor

Might have an idea on what Monolith Soft's up to. There's that UFO picture, and if you visit their site, the Wii U project banner has droplets of water on it, therefore the only logical conclusion one can come to is that... they're working on an alien swimming JRPG.
Endless Space Ocean?
Was that today?

Also, did Nintendo really say they won't show any Japanese games on the Sept. conference?

:/
They said there's no Japanese conference, I assume that to mean big press event thing like the thing in NY.
This was on the official Wii page at Nintendo.com before launch:

0254838848426826.JPG
Those aren't Wiis.

flippedb

Banned
Hey guys, I have a code for the Wii U Experience in LA. Since I don't live in the USA, it's up for grabs. Send a PM if interested

I'd also gladly trade it for an eShop gift, since I can't buy eShop games from my country :(

Medalion

Banned
Just goes to show you... in that Crysis meets Zelda video how they currently don't mesh together well

The realistic forest sequence then the less detailed look of the sword and stone and the midi-esque music

Roo

A Rumor nice something to talk about lol

I think Metroid is coming to WiiU next year rather its Prime or what ever, nintendo ignored Metroids 25th, they even have something for Kirby, poor Samus :(

I think they will prepare something for Metroid's 30th Annyversary but we'll see-

@GoNintendoTweet Guess who's an authorized Wii U developer now? Yep, Renegade Kid is in the Wii U house baby! :)
source

Dementium: The Ward was a nice game, the rest?... shovelware at best

I wouldn't say wrong. Probably just working from old info.
She talked about you.
I think bgassassin's ram info is from dev kit info. Not final retail info.

So apparently one of you is wrong.

DungeonO

No, the fact that Gamestop employees are guessing that there will be black, based on what they read from people who went to E3 and saw black units, means nothing.

Nintendo sent Game Stop advertising with the black Game Pad featured pretty prominently. I do not understand why you're arguing without facts here.

NateDrake

Hi Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!1!M!

Dev kit originally had 3GB. But a few months ago after talking with Ideaman and another person, I believe 2GB for the final is virtually guaranteed. Though with IM only I'd say it is guaranteed.

Now she thinks 1GB is the likely amount. Who to believe?!?!
BG and IM

Emily Rogers Emily Rogers ‏@Emi1yRogers
1.5 GB is not out of the question. It's possible. 1 GB more likely.

Roo

Hi Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!1!M!

Dev kit originally had 3GB. But a few months ago after talking with Ideaman and another person, I believe 2GB for the final is virtually guaranteed. Though with IM only I'd say it is guaranteed.

Well, she already invited you to chat with her.
I guess it would be interesting to compare both your and her info.

I got into the Wii U experience in LA. I've never gotten to go to anything like this. Nobody will give me a hard time if I bring a camcorder, right? I want to film interviews for my site.

Oersted

I got into the Wii U experience in LA. I've never gotten to go to anything like this. Nobody will give me a hard time if I bring a camcorder, right? I want to film interviews for my site.

most probably not. they are tons of pics and videos of wiiu experiences in the interweb

Terrell

But the rules of next gen leaps state that everything must be 10x of the previous gen. We should be getting 5-6 GB of ram!

Isn't that the 720 target?

The upgrade in the type of RAM qualifies it as a leap sufficient enough. Next gen consoles at 10x defies Moore's Law and is therefore scientifically unsound. The MOST you'll typically get is 6x, from a purely bullshit multiplier perspective.

It sounded from the website like they WANT you to bring that stuff. And if you don't, they'll have their own people taking pictures that they'll email you.

The upgrade in the type of RAM qualifies it as a leap sufficient enough. Next gen consoles at 10x defies Moore's Law and is therefore scientifically unsound. The MOST you'll typically get is 6x, from a purely bullshit multiplier perspective.

You have to take in consideration price points when dealing with moores law for a given item. If nintendo followed the moores law route of 2x exponential every 2 years with wii u from gamecube we would be looking at something about 64x the power of gamecube or about 3x the power of xbox 360 for a price equivalent to the gamecube (minus the gamepad) and allowing for inflation. Something tells me the performance will be around that much when the wii u is released if it is indeed $299

If wii released in november 2007 it should have been 8x the power of the gamecube at $249 at break even point. If wii u was to release in november 2013 then it would be 8x
more powerful than the theoretical wii of 2007. Since it is releasing this year something approching 64x the power of the wii is actually very good at a $299 break even price point.

With the durango you will definitely get something 6x the performance of the xbox 360 next year at a break even point at $299 without Kinect or a hdd. If the console is subsidised at a loss of $100 per unit as well as a $100 increase in price you will get an increase in performance as well as all the bells and whistles of an advanved controller like kinect and a 500GB hdd for about $399 at $100 loss per unit and probably 8-9x the power of the xbox 360

But yeah these are all hypotheticals but these are a possible way of MS or sony being able to release a console at close to the 10x jump. If i were microsoft i would not go in that direction and expect profits. Maybe 399 break even at 6x the performance with all the added extras is good enough to compete and allow profits from day one as that is still twice the power of what wii u might be. gamers will be happy to have these choices come xmas 2013.

...that's only cos Starfox vs Metroid technicallly isn't an existing IP.

You really want this don't you! I for one, like it. Also, Nintendo wouldn't say they were working on it if they didn't want to announce it yet, would they?

"Are Retro working on a StarfoxXMetroid crossover?"
"Ah yeah, you got us guys. Winter 2013."

The_Lump

Banned
You really want this don't you! I for one, like it. Also, Nintendo wouldn't say they were working on it if they didn't want to announce it yet, would they?

"Are Retro working on a StarfoxXMetroid crossover?"
"Ah yeah, you got us guys. Winter 2013."

Thats the spirit! I like your logic! :D

"Hey Nintendo, rumor has it you're working on an F-Zero/Ice Climbers crossover?!"

"We don't comnent on rumors."

"Hey guys, they didn't say they weren't working on it!! CONFIRMED!"

Edit: Sorry, double post...

D-e-f-

Banned
Retro's talents lie in doing amazing things with short amounts of time and creating worlds.

And that's why they're developing NBA Courtside U.

So as predicted... no Megatons from Nintendo Direct, either for 3DS nor Wii-U?

There was nothing to predict. They flat out said this ND would have no Wii U info at all. 3DS had a new Layton announced, Tomodachi Collection 2 looks crazy and yea ...stuff that will never get localized anyway. This was never gonna be a ND where they drop "megaton" news for anything.

Dementium: The Ward was a nice game, the rest?... shovelware at best

Not liking them is one thing but "shovelware at best"? Come one, that's just not true at all!

Thought I'd join in the Photoshop box art fun. A quick one for TLoZ:

Pre-ordered at my fantasy land store!

It's what Western developers do best. It's what Western consumers buy more of.

That's a silly stereotype.

Do we know if the Wii U CC Pro has rumble?
I want to buy one but rumble is a special feature I love :D

You mean the Wii U Pro Controller? Dont think it's been confirmed either way has it?

I heard a few hands-on experiences said they felt no rumble, bit dine sites have Saud its in. Hmmm.

One of our own confirmed rumble in the Pro Controller in the last thread from a hands-on session. I don't remember who though. :(

edit: I tried finding it, I skimmed through the last 90 pages to right before gamescom by searching for "rumble" but I couldn't find it ... I vaguely remember someone linking to their personal blog for impressions but I don't know if that's where the rumble thing came from. Sorry. Let's just consider it unconfirmed but possible.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
That Skyrim recreation of Zelda WW is scaring...from a shiny colorfull fabulous world to a gray/brown realistic medieval standard environment...
Zelda TP had better art direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom