• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Update adds Off TV play for Wii mode (but you can't use gamepad to control)

sörine

Banned
This is a nice update but sort of useless I feel until they map Classic Controller input to the Gamepad. I hope that's in the next major firmware update (along with folders!).

patientx

I have a HDMI to VGA adapter which I mainly use for my tablet / raspberry pi / WiiU to connect to my pc monitor which has only vga. (21.5 inch 1080p) I left it on the hdmi socket on wiiu without connecting anything on the other and .. it works and goes to wii mode without any problems.

Also I am very impressed that I can play a game like Taiko drum master and get zero lag considering game is running on wiiu and sent to gamepad and I control it with another wireless controller (wiimote of course) This is a very impressive I thnk. I restarted playing my wii library again.

Dave Long

Banned
I had a blast playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the gamepad while my girlfriend watched TV last night. This update was a bug win for me that way, opening up many games to be played that way that I couldn't before. Classic controller and a propped up gamepad was near perfect.

D-e-f-

Banned
I had a blast playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the gamepad while my girlfriend watched TV last night. This update was a bug win for me that way, opening up many games to be played that way that I couldn't before. Classic controller and a propped up gamepad was near perfect.

image.php

Bulbasaur

Banned
I'm looking forward to this. I have a lot of wii games that I can't enjoy on my fairly large tv due to them looking horrendous.

I can't imagine waggling onto that small screen in my lap though.

Go319

i tried playing some wii games on the wii u pad for the first time recently and it was just such an unnecessarily stupid experience. Having to position yourself and the screen just right, i could never get comfortable so i gave up.

NINTENDO!! Patch this shit up and enable the damn wii pad to act as a classic controller FFS!!!

So dumb!

disap.ed

Only thing missing is that the Gamepad could emulate a Classic Controller (Pro).

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I can't believe this could have been a complete non-issue if Nintendo had only incorporated a Bluetooth chipset into the gamepad. It couldn't have cost that much..

Top Bottom