• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U update!!

TheD

The Detective
https://twitter.com/thegreatgq/

lol, the Twitch admin that banned the streamer

GWJ3J.jpg

What a d-bag.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So he was doing his job. A person can do their job and still be wrong. I also don't see how it's stealing. If he had taken my username I wouldn't be upset because that's how it always is. First come first serve.
You would be salty because of the circumstances though. I am willing to admit I would too. Since the streamer was willing to take his name I have no doubt he would try to impersonate him on the WiiU.

dyergram

So he was doing his job. A person can do their job and still be wrong. I also don't see how it's stealing. If he had taken my username I wouldn't be upset because that's how it always is. First come first serve.
Also he gets to be daofficialgq187 now which is far superiour.

netBuff

so back on topic...what did the update actually do? Did it improve anything?

It only did everything! (add online-functionality like Miiverse, eShop, etc.)

The streamer was being a miscreant by taking other peoples usernames - he didn't "accidentally" take other chatters nicknames, he made a show of it.

I don't think Nintendo can help here, if they did it would be a bad trend since anyone can contact them and complain they did not get the name they wanted. I saw the troll but that is how it goes on the internet

There are quite a few popular services on the net that allow the taking of inactive usernames - but I don't believe Nintendo would do something like that, they just discovered the internet and wouldn't expect a situation like this to arise.

Krabboss

Caring about a NID being taken on Wii U when it has no bearing on your display name is some goofball shit. I invite somebody to take the name Krabboss. This salt mine is empty.

while he was signing up for many Nintendo Network IDs did he use the same email for all of them he seemed to use the same Mii until the wanted to troll GQ turing him in to a fat black woman with male facial features

netBuff

Caring about a NID being taken on Wii U when it has no bearing on your display name is some goofball shit. I invite somebody to take the name Krabboss. This salt mine is empty.

From the screenshots I've seen, at least your profile (?) page shows your display name as well as your Nintendo ID. It is an information that is faced to other users.

Krabboss

From the screenshots I've seen, at least your profile (?) page shows your display name as well as your Nintendo ID. It is an information that is faced to other users.

I will bring great shame to my family when somebody views my profile and sees my NID is actually Krabboss2, I'm sure.

the ID is what you share though, you can change a nickname but the ID is like have your twitter becoming @theREALKrabboss instead of @Krabboss

I can see someone feeling burned about that but in the end it really only has as much meaning and worth as you put into it. What GQ is doing now is feeding a troll by making what happend to him a huge issue

Galang

Banned
Sucks, but what can you do. He should just figure out some variation of thegreatqq or have some kind of backup. Always good to have another name you can use if the first is taken no matter how unique.

Terrell

except he didn't steal anything...usernames are first come first serve, your personal history and fondness with the name is arbitrary and irrelevant

You are right, STEALING is the wrong term for it. But it's tough to boil down "taking a username for the express purpose of being totally childish and petty over someone doing their job and inconveniencing said childish and petty individual" into fewer words.

Let's not make the mistake of "shit happens" commentary when it's defending the actions of a total asshole.

Sucks, but what can you do. He should just figure out some variation of thegreatqq or have some kind of backup. Always good to have another name you can use if the first is taken no matter how unique.

Pretty much. I don't always get my name. Should make his ID play on his own first name, that way people more personal will know him.

Nintendo is not going to change this for some fucking guy.
Hes a grown up - deal with it and move on.

So not only is the thegreatgq guy an idiot because he banned a popular stream but he is a double idiot for crying about being trolled on Twitter so that ANYBODY can see, point and laugh.

QQ more thegreatgq guy.

Perhaps you should find another nick... like thegreatQQ?

And why is he calling Nintendo? Since when can you claim something back that you never owned?

Top Bottom