• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WiiU refurb plus NintendoLand $205 shipped from Nintendo.com

I'm waiting for extra fight money to come in. Used to have Wii U and 3ds, but sold them because had no good games at the time. Now all the good games are coming out. : O ) Nintendo is always looking out for the child gamer inside all of us. LOL

gngf123

Eventually it is going to get to $150 and people are going to say "Still $50 too much". This looks like a good deal to me.

I'm waiting for extra fight money to come in. Used to have Wii U and 3ds, but sold them because had no good games at the time. Now all the good games are coming out. : O ) Nintendo is always looking for the child gamer inside all of us. LOL

Selling supported hardware early in their lifecycle is always a bad idea. Always.

MickeyPhree

Eventually it is going to get to $150 and people are going to say "Still $50 too much". This looks like a good deal to me.

Selling supported hardware early in their lifecycle is always a bad idea. Always.

I'm probably gonna be one of those people as much as I hate to admit it.

Still $126.53 too much. Call me when it's half the price of a used PS3, is bundled with Super Metroid 2, and can give me a blowjob on command

Kyou

I knew someone in college that sold his psp every single time there was a slight lull. Dude must have bought like six of them over the course of that things life. So much wasted money

Will buy when Mario Kart comes out, $200 is the perfect price for me. Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Smash, Zelda, and New n' Tasty all have my eye right now. Think it'll still be available for $200 by the time MK8 comes out?

200$ to be able to play ZombiU, W101, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and upcoming games like Mario Kart, Smash, X, Bayonetta 2, etc, doesn't really sound like a bad deal but oh well, to each his own.

J@hranimo

Banned
Still $126.53 too much. Call me when it's half the price of a used PS3, is bundled with Super Metroid 2, and can give me a blowjob on command

Hahaha bravo! I love posts like this.

Also, yet again, this is a great price. Just in time for MK8 coming soon.

BraXzy

People really need to quit with the stupid "Ooh maybe when it's a tenner" posts. If you don't want it, get out of Wii U threads jeez. It's a good console with an awesome library of games.

Eventually it is going to get to $150 and people are going to say "Still $50 too much".

For a platform that's clearly dying, with only a limited outlook on potential future titles, and no clear plan in place to salvage sales other than, "Well maybe they'll buy THIS game?", do you really blame them? We're at the end of the road for the console. Nintendo can maybe make one Hail Mary pass at or around E3, and that's it. And they've shown no interest so far in doing so.

Also, refurbished hardware. Nintendo-refurbished, true, but still refurbished. That does make a difference.

Just got a Wii U this week. $200 brand new on clearance, last in the store.

fred

Yup, I think we should take note of these names and figures for that reason. I'm pretty sure some people on here have been doing that since it launched.

It's a steal at this price tbh given its software library now and in the not too distant future.

People really need to quit with the stupid "Ooh maybe when it's a tenner" posts. If you don't want it, get out of Wii U threads jeez. It's a good console with an awesome library of games.

If Nintendo actually go through with more game announcements by this E3, it'll be a very viable console for Nintendo fans. As a huge Nintendo fan I can 100% understand the general public not wanting it, because frankly it has little else to offer other than Nintendo games which largely consist of 2D platformers, but as someone who loves Nintendo games and the direction they continue to take them I think $200 is perfect for a "Nintendo machine" that also has Netflix and the like.

Sinoox

Banned
I'd love to buy it at that price, but there's hardly enough games to justify it taking up the little amount of space I have.

Hatchtag

Banned
It's not hitting 100 (maybe ever). Smash comes out at Christmas.

It's refurbished $200. The general resale price is $175-200. It probably won't hit $100 new by Christmastime (the earliest Smash would be out), but the resale price hitting $100 by then is kind of likely.

Hatchtag

Banned
Nah, that probably won't happen.

Kart and Bayonetta 2 are the only announced first party retail titles that'll come to thing before Smash. It's gonna drop like a ton of bricks.
Not too mention that there'll probably be people who buy the thing only for Kart and end up trying to resell it fairly soon afterwards.

Yup, I think we should take note of these names and figures for that reason. I'm pretty sure some people on here have been doing that since it launched.

I know there's this urge to publicly shame people, but situations do change. The outlook on the Wii U has changed. Nintendo's lack of action to bolster the platform beyond "Well, we made some games" can be discouraging to people. Not to mention the lack of newly announced software, as we wait for second glances at titles referenced over a year ago, some of them barely a name.

There might be some decent games on the platform, but people are allowed to change their mind about the value of the console to them as time progresses. Not every personal value statement is a troll. Opinions change.

It's a steal at this price tbh given its software library now and in the not too distant future.

You can't count on upcoming software until it's out, unfortunately. I'm not trying to draw a direct comparison, but the Virtual Boy was set to have a neat Mario adventure, it looked pretty far along, and there were several other promising titles in the works. There's a chance, albeit slim, that some of that software could be moved to another upcoming platform to better bolster it, or canceled. Not Bayonetta, certainly, probably not Smash, but I'm basically saying "Don't count your chickens before they've hatched."

Converse

Banned
I paid $350. And I don't regret it.

Truth. I paid the same in December 2012, and I've been ass-deep in Wii U games since. I'm glad this whole "I'll buy it when it's $75 with Mach Rider 2 and a built-in pussy" type shit is the subject of satire.

If you're that derisive toward something, why bother? I don't think there's a price low enough that could get me charged up about buying an Xbox One, so I don't take on a "sigh, I guess when it's $75 and does my laundry, I'll think about buying it, you know, if I have to" attitude. Because I don't want one. And it's okay to not want things.

If you do want a Wii U, $200 is a damn good deal, even just for its fantastic extant library, the Virtual Console and Wii backwards compatibility.

Hatchtag

Banned
Truth. I paid the same in December 2012, and I've been ass-deep in Wii U games since. I'm glad this whole "I'll buy it when it's $75 with Mach Rider 2 and a built-in pussy" type shit is the subject of satire.

If you're that derisive toward something, why bother? I don't think there's a price low enough that could get me charged up about buying an Xbox One, so I don't take on a "sigh, I guess when it's $75 and does my laundry, I'll think about buying it, you know, if I have to" attitude. Because I don't want one. And it's okay to not want things.

If you do want a Wii U, $200 is a damn good deal, even just for its fantastic extant library, the Virtual Console and Wii backwards compatibility.

The thing is, a lot of people don't want the Wii U, they want a certain game that requires them to buy a Wii U in order to play it. I want to play Smash Bros, and I kind of want to play DKCTF and Super Mario 3D World. I don't want a Wii U.
This logic applies to other systems, too (I don't want an Xbox One, I absolutely want Halo 2 Anniversary with remastered multiplayer).

Dartastic

Still 55 to high for me. Maybe when Zelda is out.
You're crazy. This is a great deal.
Agreed. 150 for Wii U and 250 for Xboxone would be a match made in gaming heaven.
It's nice to want things.

Yep. I bought mine for $350, and I don't really regret it. There are a bunch of great games for the platform by this point, and Mario Kart, X, Bayonetta 2, and Smash are coming. The people who are complaining about this still being too much money just don't want the system, regardless of how much it costs.

Namikaze

Bought one of these last weekend, mine is coming on Monday and I can't wait. Also got Windwaker HD, Tekken TT2, and W101 already sitting on my shelf from past deals. Good stuff. Just in time for MK too.

Converse

Banned
The thing is, a lot of people don't want the Wii U, they want a certain game that requires them to buy a Wii U in order to play it. I want to play Smash Bros, and I kind of want to play DKCTF and Super Mario 3D World. I don't want a Wii U.
This logic applies to other systems, too (I don't want an Xbox One, I absolutely want Halo 2 Anniversary with remastered multiplayer).

See, though, I don't think it makes much sense to separate game libraries from gaming consoles like that -- or at least, I don't view them in such a separate fashion; one is pointless without the other. In my estimation, if you want Smash Bros. for the Wii U, that means you want a Wii U. Because that's the only way you can play it. If, say, some fantastic new exclusive game that appealed to my interests was hitting the Xbox One, then I'd want an Xbox One.

In any case, I wouldn't take this whole "well, humph, I guess I have to buy this stupid thing now, gawd," approach that some folks do. It makes zero sense to me, as a person who only buys things I want.

Top Bottom