• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS rumble pack = $10 - 11/28/05

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mario & Luigi 2 will support it as well, but that's all as far as I know.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Not surprised about M&L. If you played the first game though the GCN's GBPlayer, with a cubetroller, it would rumble to let you know when you were next to a hidden secret bean, IIRC.

Emotions

Good thing you can get it for free with Metroid Prime Pinball, i wouldn't buy it if it didn't come with it, kinda overpriced.

Emotions said:
Good thing you can get it for free with Metroid Prime Pinball, i wouldn't buy it if it didn't come with it, kinda overpriced.

overpriced? man its 10 bucks...thats damn cheap for anything offical thats actualy usefull.

MrDaravon

Mejilan said:
Not surprised about M&L. If you played the first game though the GCN's GBPlayer, with a cubetroller, it would rumble to let you know when you were next to a hidden secret bean, IIRC.

Seriously? That's awesome, didn't know that.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ahhh... Yeah. I think so. I'm pretty sure about it, anyway.

Kinda.

Not a big deal, since the hidden beans weren't hidden all that well anyway, but it was a neat trick. I think. My memory is fuzzy. I played through the game twice, but didn't spend more than 10 minutes playing it on the GB Player.

sammy

$10 is pretty worth it for the little dongle --- it's purely the size of a GBA cart, so it fits snugg in the DS -- (if you have a micro, nothing's ever going in that 2nd DS bay again)

The rumble is nice, and works well for the size of the DS --- it makes a little vibration noise like a pinball bumper, but can't be heard over the DS speakers if they're at full (but I'm sure it'll annoy some folks)

in other news Metroid Pinball is freakin' awesome ---- I've certainly put more time into it that Mario Kart, Viewtiful, and Sonic put together.

BuG

Mejilan said:
Ahhh... Yeah. I think so. I'm pretty sure about it, anyway.

Kinda.

Not a big deal, since the hidden beans weren't hidden all that well anyway, but it was a neat trick. I think. My memory is fuzzy. I played through the game twice, but didn't spend more than 10 minutes playing it on the GB Player.
Yeah, that's how it works. I never played it on the GB Player but I remember reading the manual and wishing I had one so I could. I spent forever finding one or two of the beans, so either you're awesome or I suck total arse. :(

Top Bottom