• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

medrew

Anyone got a recommendation on screen protectors? I got the Hori ones but ripped them off as they didn't quite cover the whole screan and my eyes kept on getting drawn to the corners and slight bordering it leaves.

todog

Anyone got a recommendation on screen protectors? I got the Hori ones but ripped them off as they didn't quite cover the whole screan and my eyes kept on getting drawn to the corners and slight bordering it leaves.

I also have got the Hori DS Lite screen protector and I noticed that too. Although, it doesn't bother me that much personally, you might want to try a screen protector from brando http://shop.brando.com.hk/

I used to have one of those for my 'old' standard DS model and that one did fit perfectly and the quality is, at least from what I can tell, on par with the HORI ones.

medrew

Just noticed that GCC have dropped their prices to $195 for the Blues and $199 for the White. The shortages must been easing up. Happy or sad? :|

rod

Banned
i know its prob been discussed before...but the gba games stick out of the slot...right? they dont slide in all the way

rod

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
Was your instruction booklet in complete Japanese, or was it multi-linguel??

havent even checked it to be honest:lol and im in bed and the box is....way over there.....*cbf* lol, why?

rod said:
havent even checked it to be honest:lol and im in bed and the box is....way over there.....*cbf* lol, why?

Because I might import one for my wife, but was worried instructions were in Japanese only....

just check dammit! :D

Mmmkay

medrew said:
What's the case like? I've got one on back-order.
Well it's white leather... but other than that it rocks. It's a Snug fit, but there's no need to force it in. It has a very soft interior which also cushions the DS nicely.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mmmkay said:
It just needs to hold out for the rest of the day, since my step down transformer didn't turn up :(

Are you in the States? If so, don't use a step down converter!! :)

-nk-

Date # Location Delivery Status
19-Apr-2006 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
19-Apr-2006 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
19-Apr-2006 Hong Kong Departed.
20-Apr-2006 Germany Arrived and is being processed.
20-Apr-2006 Germany Handed over to the Customs Office for clearance.

Damn :/

Shiggy

What about a European launch on June 16th? (right, I already mentioned that date in the 'bom zal droppen'-thread, together with a launch of Brain Training, but it looks more a less like a release of the DS Lite together with Nintendogs).

cvxfreak

Nintendogs Dalmation and Friends and Brain Training in June for Europe and the Lite will be huge, especially if Nintendo makes a few bundles.

mj1108

Blackcherry said:
Fat! Let's wait for the US one. I'm sure it's going to be ugly

If that's the box art for Europe -- NICE!

I'd say the chances of NOA screwing up the NA box art is at 2:1. Although they probably will... :(

mj1108 said:
If that's the box art for Europe -- NICE!

I'd say the chances of NOA screwing up the NA box art is at 2:1. Although they probably will... :(
NOA know how to mess up things. You dating a girl that you don't like and you want to break up? No prob, call NOA for help, they will fuck up your relationship somehow ;)

cvxfreak

These are placeholder pics until I take better ones tomorrow:

DSC00506.JPG

DSC00503.JPG

I bring shame upon the DS Lite Family. :(

so i got mine today from GCC, mighty puuurdy :)

a couple of my touch screen corners are kinda squishy though ... thats not normal right?, i confused as to how this would happen =/

doesnt really effect how i play, i dont even notice it really...just kinda scared i may accidently push it in one day ...

on the plus side, i dont have any dead pixels ! :)

cvxfreak

Kuroyume said:
Damn, you have a problem. :lol

With my crappy photography or with my Nintendo handheld build up? (Fuzzy asked for a pyramid shot :lol)

I've got one original GBA, and a launch SP. Couldn't resist the NES SP, nor the bright lit one. Didn't wanna miss out on the Famicom micro, but wanted another micro so I don't mess the Famicom one up. The only unnecessary purchase I see is the PokePark Blue DS. :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
cvxfreak said:
With my crappy photography or with my Nintendo handheld build up? (Fuzzy asked for a pyramid shot :lol)

I've got one original GBA, and a launch SP. Couldn't resist the NES SP, nor the bright lit one. Didn't wanna miss out on the Famicom micro, but wanted another micro so I don't mess the Famicom one up. The only unnecessary purchase I see is the PokePark Blue DS. :D

It's time to keep the collectable stuff (NES SP, Famicom Micro) and sell all the rest of that crap off. You don't need it now that you have a Lite. :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Kuroyume said:
Damn, you have a problem. :lol
Have you seen his Resident Evil collection? :lol

cvxfreak said:
And it's much appreciated although a clear one would be nice. Try using a tripod. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
AgentOtaku said:
POOH!

thanks though! :D

you can switch the DS to English though. Do it in advance, put her name and birthday in etc. Set it to automatically launch DS games. The actual machine you don't need to understand - volume, power on, done.

that case is nice, but it won't fit your DS if you have a GBA game in there. And be careful of the velcro. The 'hard' velcro is on the flap and it may scratch your DS' back. They should have put the soft velcro on the flap and the hard on the front.

Chris B

Dam nice system, a friend of mine was visiting the east, and I was hoping he would pick me one up. Shame he didn't. Import for me then...

Xrenity

Burnst said:
Anybody tried this new European DS Lite adapter from Lik-Sang?

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=278&products_id=9037

Seems pretty good, those stepdown converters are huge! I mean, with a stepdown converter you go from portable to not very...
Saw it this afternoon (luckily) and quickly mailed them to please change my order. As orders probably won't go out until monday, I think they'll quickly change it without having my order delayed.

It's so much easier.

hitsugi

finally got mine from lik-sang... oddly enough, the day i actually get mine is the day my account here gets activated lol. i tried to take pics but... the flash + the whiteness = ....nothing really. it just looks like some white box with two black rectangles cut out of it >.>

either way, i love this thing <3

cvxfreak

Lyte Edge said:
It's time to keep the collectable stuff (NES SP, Famicom Micro) and sell all the rest of that crap off. You don't need it now that you have a Lite. :)

I would, but none of the the best stuff except for perhaps the DSes and platinum GBm are worth much. I certainly do like to keep launch model systems (GBASP, DS, micro falling under this) and at least one system of each major release (so original GBA and DS stay). Plus the GBA carts sticking out actually bothers me. In short, I think they're all worth more to hang onto than the money I'd get for them. :)

DreamMachine said:
I am heavily considering importing.. anyone have an idea how much it'll cost in canadian dollars with shipping and customs? not sure if i should just wait.

It's going to be <$50. It depends on where you order from.

hitsugi

Just curious but, what do you guys use to clean your screens / screen covers with? i haven't gotten the hori covers but i've been considering it.. my only gripe is that i can usually tell when something is on my screen and i wonder if i'll really be able to notice it being there or not D;

also, tips for getting fingerprints off the shell please~ standard cloth didn't seem to do much lol. i have the white one so prints don't show much, but i still want to keep it clean.

acidviper

Banned
Its not worth importing to Canada unles you are buying off eBay and having them help you out.

Don't know why you need a screen protector. Unless you mistake your sylus for a nail or have a chronic sneezing problem, you don't need one.

hitsugi

if you go back a few pages you'll see someone posted their navy lite next to their black ipod for a comparison aaaaand it looks just as black~

bluemax

Banned
hitsugi said:
if you go back a few pages you'll see someone posted their navy lite next to their black ipod for a comparison aaaaand it looks just as black~

It's noticeably not black compared to the black SP.

Top Bottom