• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

nah its definately black, look at the buttons
7editeurs20060422_231757_0_big.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DefectiveReject said:
nah its definately black, look at the buttons

Right, except that that page seems to be for some sort of give away or contest, and it's all for stuff that's available now. :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
shit I give up. I can't wait anymore.

which is the best place to order one and... which color is best looking? (btw Ice Blue is a no no)

Akia

I'm waiting for US launch.

There is no way I'm paying an extra $50. I can save that money for another game or two.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
I got mine this Friday. Fuck the dead pixel!!! *goes back to the old DS*

No, but since NSMB is coming in may, I think you got your awnser right there :D
edit:
jGuru said:
I got mine this Friday. Fuck the dead pixel!!! *goes back to the old DS*
And you can exchange it if you have dead pixels :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Error2k4 said:
shit I give up. I can't wait anymore.

which is the best place to order one and... which color is best looking? (btw Ice Blue is a no no)
E3 is two weeks away, at least wait until then before deciding to import.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
If it indeed comes out the 15th along with Super Mario Bros then im stuffed, I leave LA the 16th and how can I go to a store and not pick one up with New Super Mario Bros, I've been forbidden :(

Lyte Edge

man oh man i love ds lite i play it 24/7 it's sooooooo sexy my woman is jealous it's sooooo sleek the bright screens rule burns my eyes omg best portable ever etc etc etc buy buy buy buy :D

Seriously, can you import a DS Lite for under $200 now? If so, go for it, especially if you want Navy or Ice Blue, since Nintendo may pull another one color U.S. release with crystal white.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Lyte Edge said:
man oh man i love ds lite i play it 24/7 it's sooooooo sexy my woman is jealous it's sooooo sleek the bright screens rule burns my eyes omg best portable ever etc etc etc buy buy buy buy :D

*remembers the dead pixel and cries*

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Lyte Edge said:

Seriously, can you import a DS Lite for under $200 now? If so, go for it, especially if you want Navy or Ice Blue, since Nintendo may pull another one color U.S. release with crystal white.
:lol shit.

you guys are evil ;_;

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
There is nothing you can show me say to me to get me to get one earlier...

unless of course your giving me one then i surrender!

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Monorojo said:
http://www.jeux-france.com/images0_4_15422.html

If my original DS ever stops working, ill definently replace it with the above.

Black DS Lite = hawtness

Not to derail this thread, but did no one else notice this? PSP's staunchest defender/DSL's biggest troll actually owns a DS?

The jig is up people either hell has frozen over or this is definitive proof that he is someone's joke account.

I'd go with latter.

Anyways still loving my ICE BLUE DSL even thought not the color so much. I just cant stop playing tony hawk and resident evil. The white DSL will be mine when it launches here.

Lyte Edge

I think PSP kicks the crap out of the DS too, but the DS still has some great games, and the DS Lite hardware is just AWESOME ERROR 2K4 SHOULD BUY BUY BUY SOOO COOL YOU HAVE TO OWN ONE NOW IT'S THE BEST YOU CAN'T BE THE MAN WITHOUT THE DS LITE YOUR LIFE IS NOT COMPLETE WITH DS LITE BUY BUY BUY BUY ETC ETC ETC

Days like these... said:
Not to derail this thread, but did no one else notice this? PSP's staunchest defender/DSL's biggest troll actually owns a DS?

The jig is up people either hell has frozen over or this is definitive proof that he is someone's joke account.

I'd go with latter.

Anyways still loving my ICE BLUE DSL even thought not the color so much. I just cant stop playing tony hawk and resident evil. The white DSL will be mine when it launches here.
You didn't know? He's a part of the nintendo viral marketing project.

playing games on the ds lite might be a gracious experience :\

cvxfreak

Lyte Edge said:
I think PSP kicks the crap out of the DS too, but the DS still has some great games, and the DS Lite hardware is just AWESOME ERROR 2K4 SHOULD BUY BUY BUY SOOO COOL YOU HAVE TO OWN ONE NOW IT'S THE BEST YOU CAN'T BE THE MAN WITHOUT THE DS LITE YOUR LIFE IS NOT COMPLETE WITH DS LITE BUY BUY BUY BUY ETC ETC ETC

OMG I KNOW!!!!!!!!

The DS Lite makes my life, my sex life, my school life so complete! DS Lite, don't leave home, or go home without it!

medrew

An ideal world for Monorojo is when the PSP has outsold the DS by 5 times as many.
Monorojo owns 5 PSP's and a DS, unfortunately for him this is not his ideal world.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
medrew said:
An ideal world for Monorojo is when the PSP has outsold the DS by 5 times as many.
Monorojo owns 5 PSP's and a DS, unfortunately for him this is not his ideal world.

No you've got it all wrong cause then the 3rd party tie ratio would be higher on the DSL therefore the DSL would be winning? LOL AM I RITE?

Lyte Edge

cvxfreak said:
OMG I KNOW!!!!!!!!

The DS Lite makes my life, my sex life, my school life so complete! DS Lite, don't leave home, or go home without it!

Yup, yup. It's like a free VIP pass everywhere. I used it the other day and got into the hottest club in town 4 FREE. I showed it at the game store yesterday and they just gave me the game I wanted because DS Lite makes you SO COOL ERROR2K4 BUY BUY BUY. I even got three girls' numbers the other day when I took out the Lite and did some hot pictochat action.

cvxfreak

Lyte Edge said:
Yup, yup. It's like a free VIP pass everywhere. I used it the other day and got into the hottest club in town 4 FREE. I showed it at the game store yesterday and they just gave me the game I wanted because DS Lite makes you SO COOL ERROR2K4 BUY BUY BUY. I even got three girls' numbers the other day when I took out the Lite and did some hot pictochat action.

:lol :lol

been following this thread for ages but at last my account got authed by the admin that i could post!

got a sexeh new DS navy blue lite :D its fun when on the underground someone recognises it and tries to get a closer look lol! even had one kid over the space of around 10 minutes sneak up closer and closer to me to get a look at the screen O.O

*strokes his ds lite*

oh FYI initially had pre order with play asia gave in and got it from yes asia in the end :D thanks for the heads up on that btw :D

gaemon

Ninty decided to redesign the DS into something a little more "elegant", I think they need something nice to keep it warm as well...
DSLitecase.jpg

I'm sure u can fugure out the wesite address.

gaemon said:
Ninty decided to redesign the DS into something a little more "elegant", I think they need something nice to keep it warm as well...
DSLitecase.jpg

I'm sure u can fugure out the wesite address.

That's a damn nice case...but $32.95US + shipping? That makes my Canadian money cry.

Xrenity

Blue Geezer said:
been following this thread for ages but at last my account got authed by the admin that i could post!

got a sexeh new DS navy blue lite :D its fun when on the underground someone recognises it and tries to get a closer look lol! even had one kid over the space of around 10 minutes sneak up closer and closer to me to get a look at the screen O.O

*strokes his ds lite*
welcome to gaf ;)

My DS is finally sent out :) Can only hope it will come this week, and without any taxes.

Tanukid

For anyone that's interested, I went to china town in New York city yesterday and the local import store J & L on Elizabeth Street had some DS Lites in stock, but they're about $229 a piece when I was there. :\

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
just ordered a white one from that bestsku place. around $230 with tax and shipping, but i guess i'm set for new smb. now i need something to play...i'm thinking of buying peach or mario kart. or maybe i'll play julius mode in castlevania, which i never got around to.

bjork

I got a dark blue DSL like two weeks or so ago. It's cool, but the smaller d-pad and tighter buttons take some getting used to. Still, the screen quality makes up for it.

Emotions

I'm resisting to play DS games and GBA games till the DS Lite comes out here. I just buy them and put them on the shelf or play them and then they remind me of how better it would look with the DS Lite , so i stop playing them. :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
oh yeah, i guess i can sell my sp+ now. i'll miss kirby's pinball land, but it'd be a bit silly to keep a dedicated kirby's pinball land machine. :lol

Top Bottom