• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DS Lite Japanese Launch Thread!

Pengew

Emotions said:
I'm resisting to play DS games and GBA games till the DS Lite comes out here. I just buy them and put them on the shelf or play them and then they remind me of how better it would look with the DS Lite , so i stop playing them. :lol

I was going to try that but Tom Nook has to many nice things........like an awesome ass acoustic guitar........

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nintendo is advertising the DSL in Japanese at Safeco Field since they broadcast Mariners games in Japan.
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ds-lite/ds-lite-ad-hits-north-america-169382.php

dsliteusadhitsus.jpg

Lyte Edge said:
Yup, yup. It's like a free VIP pass everywhere. I used it the other day and got into the hottest club in town 4 FREE. I showed it at the game store yesterday and they just gave me the game I wanted because DS Lite makes you SO COOL ERROR2K4 BUY BUY BUY. I even got three girls' numbers the other day when I took out the Lite and did some hot pictochat action.

im so glad hot pictochat action exists. :)

Indeed. I'm thinking of importing this (depends on the next two weeks of news from Nintendo) and I have the money, but I'm not sure if I want to wait a long time to get it.

Troidal

cvxfreak said:
Any Japan GAFfers wanna provide an update on supply?

Stocks (although not many) are coming in every weekend, though it still sells out if you don't buy it in the morning. Sometimes, giant retailers like Yodobashi and Biccamera sell them during the evenings for some bizzarro reason.

And there's rumor around that 3 new colors: Famicom, black, and pink DS lite will be released May 25th. I can't confirm that yet though...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Troidal said:
And there's rumor around that 3 new colors: Famicom, black, and pink DS lite will be released May 25th. I can't confirm that yet though...

+ 30 Pages

Black PLEEASE

cvxfreak

Troidal said:
Stocks (although not many) are coming in every weekend, though it still sells out if you don't buy it in the morning. Sometimes, giant retailers like Yodobashi and Biccamera sell them during the evenings for some bizzarro reason.

Famicom?!?!?!?!

OH HELL NO.

It would match the Famicom micro nicely.

And kill my wallet.

Fuzzy

cvxfreak said:
Famicom?!?!?!?!

OH HELL NO.

It would match the Famicom micro nicely.

And kill my wallet.
If you buy a second DSL so soon I think we'll hold an intervention because you obviously have a problem. :lol

dovella

schinamap1ii.jpg

Destinazione Italy
italia8bk.gif

UPS tracking data

Date Time Country City Status
Apr 27, 2006 08:00:00 IT ARZANO (NAPOLI) DRIVER LOAD
Apr 27, 2006 05:03:00 IT ARZANO (NAPOLI) TRACER REQUEST;TRACE ONLY TRACER
Apr 26, 2006 10:32:00 IT ARZANO (NAPOLI) DESTINATION SCAN
Apr 26, 2006 05:16:00 IT TREVISO IMPORT SCAN
Apr 26, 2006 03:59:00 IT TREVISO UNLOAD SCAN
Apr 26, 2006 03:57:00 IT TREVISO ARRIVAL SCAN
Apr 26, 2006 03:39:00 DE KOELN (COLOGNE) DEPARTURE SCAN
Apr 25, 2006 02:25:00 DE KOELN (COLOGNE) HUB SCAN
Apr 25, 2006 01:51:00 DE KOELN (COLOGNE) HUB SCAN
Apr 25, 2006 01:50:00 DE KOELN (COLOGNE) HUB SCAN[
Apr 21, 2006 20:05:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK HUB SCAN
Apr 21, 2006 18:49:00 HK KWAI CHUNG PICKUP SCAN
Apr 21, 2006 04:52:42 HK BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED /color][/size][/color][/size]

My firm DS Lite in order to make refueling and leaves again endured in order to soon arrive to house mine
dovellads8ye.jpg

Ds LIte in Pit Stop and GO!!!!!!!!

ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It s Here

Read this documento for import in CEE
iwatano3et.jpg

the name of presidento is???§ read

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
If you buy a second DSL so soon I think we'll hold an intervention because you obviously have a problem. :lol

Yeah I know. :(

It's one of those guilty pleasures in life.

Oh please, you know you'll want me to get it just for the sake of another pyramid shot! ;)

Fuzzy

cvxfreak said:
Yeah I know. :(

It's one of those guilty pleasures in life.

Oh please, you know you'll want me to get it just for the sake of another pyramid shot! ;)
How about a non-blurry one first? ;)

Stocks do seem to have improved in downtown Osaka, most shops I've been into today have Lites on the shelves. However, Sofmap has a couple of used ones on sale for 16780yen!! (new, they're 16800yen)

dovella said:

HAHA i love that yellow font!

it reminds me of when indie bands scrape some money together to make a real professional sounding demo CD and then do the graphic design on the packaging by themselves using photoshop 4.1 effects!

but man i'm jealous about your DS lite. i've stuck to waiting for the north american release and i'm really starting to question when that is going to be.......

dovella said:
i used Photoshop cs 2,,,,,,, this is a joke in 2 minute , no my professional work

i know its a joke! that is pretty obvious.
it just *reminded* me of something that i see a lot on demos. i didn't say it is that thing.

cvxfreak

marvelharvey said:
Stocks do seem to have improved in downtown Osaka, most shops I've been into today have Lites on the shelves. However, Sofmap has a couple of used ones on sale for 16780yen!! (new, they're 16800yen)

I guess 20 Yen can, err, I dunno. :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sho Nuff said:
None in Kyoto, sold out in major Tokyo chains (though Toys R us supposedly has some).

Still always sold out here in Kanazawa, too. I'm sure I could get another one if I put my name on the waiting list at Kojima Denki or went out early enough on saturday (is that still the ship day?) though.

Lyte Edge said:
Still always sold out here in Kanazawa, too. I'm sure I could get another one if I put my name on the waiting list at Kojima Denki or went out early enough on saturday (is that still the ship day?) though.

I heard they were sending out small shipments every day now. I managed to get one on Amazon.co.jp yesterday morning, and another one on Toysrus.co.jp this morning for someone else.

Shiggy

I have to wait until the end of June, just because I don't want to import :(
And I don't know which Brain Training game I should buy (I already owned a DS, but sent it back after it god damaged -> 2 years warranty in Europe).
Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training will already be released, but Big Brain Academy is going to debut one week after DS Lite launch. :/

dovella

as very sapete I have also ds lite: and possible to change the light during the game,??? or it can be only regulated from the menu ds? THX

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
my ds lite came today -- it's easily the nicest thing nintendo's ever built. the sheen and feel of the plastics yields nothing to my ibook, which it strongly resembles. and the brightness of the screens is just uncanny. i was marvelling at castlevania, and then i realized i didn't even have the screen turned up all the way. :lol it's much nicer to hold than the ds fat as well -- it feels a lot like a gba sp, and its slimness somehow works for it. the d-pad and buttons are still far too small for my tastes.

word of advice, though -- do not use hori screen protectors. i put one on the touchscreen, played castlevania for a couple hours, and then took it off to realign it -- it left a filmy residue that took me half an hour with an lcd cleaning solution to eradicate. i nearly had a heart attack. i use a martin fields screen protector on my psp, and that comes off perfectly clean.

ant1532

Banned
drohne said:
my ds lite came today -- it's easily the nicest thing nintendo's ever built. the sheen and feel of the plastics yields nothing to my ibook, which it strongly resembles. and the brightness of the screens is just uncanny. i was marvelling at castlevania, and then i realized i didn't even have the screen turned up all the way. :lol it's much nicer to hold than the ds fat as well -- it feels a lot like a gba sp, and its slimness somehow works for it. the d-pad and buttons are still far too small for my tastes.

word of advice, though -- do not use hori screen protectors. i put one on the touchscreen, played castlevania for a couple hours, and then took it off to realign it -- it left a filmy residue that took me half an hour with an lcd cleaning solution to eradicate. i nearly had a heart attack. i use a martin fields screen protector on my psp, and that comes off perfectly clean.
yea i tried using that hori protector but quickly saw what it did to the screens and took it off.
congrats and heres your donut
DSC05845.jpg

Top Bottom