• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Bomba - Nintendo offering 4GB and 16GB refurbished 3DS XLs stating at $170

FLAguy954

Here's the link to Nintendo's online store.

Here are the current refurbished prices:

Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS $119.99
Blue/Black Nintendo 3DS XL $169.99
Midnight Blue Nintendo DSi XL $99.99
Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS $119.99
Red/Black Nintendo 3DS XL $169.99
Red/Black Nintendo 3DS XL w/16 GB SD Memory Card $179.99

I came across this while searching the internet for a good deal on a blue 3DS XL. I'm about to snatch me a 4 GB version right now (I have a 32 GB SD card ready to be placed in the 3ds when I receive it).

One of my friends just bought and XL and now I want it.
The problem is that I already have a basic one (the Legend Of Zelda limited edition). Still, some games get so much better, like Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion 2...
I kinda want to upgrade for Super Smash Bros.
I don't know, with a good price, maybe... Especially if they make another limited for SSB.
So, a price cut is absolutely good for me. But bomba? Is it really that bad?

Weird. Can you use a regular SD card? I'm not trying to be snarky or dismiss the handheld. I'm asking because I'm planning to get a 3DS to play Pokemon.

Edit: Good to know it comes with one already, Glad to know it's not an issue.

corn_fest

Weird. Can you use a regular SD card? I'm not trying to be snarky or dismiss the handheld. I'm asking because I'm planning to get a 3DS to play Pokemon.

Yep, I believe the cards they come with are just standard class 4 SanDisk cards.

Edit: my XL has a Lexar card. But yeah, any old card will do.

Orayn

Yep, any SD card will do and it supports SDHC sizes as well.

Not really that great of a deal.

Seems like a road test for those systems' next price drops, since they seem to go on sale for that much every couple of months.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I don't understand the thread title like at all, but I guess selling a refurbished unit at a discount price is a sign of bombing now?

At any rate, when does the Target sale end? I don't get paid until Thursday, but dear lord, I want a Black XL.

NeoRausch

But you do need two 3ds' for the new one to read the old data, don't you?

I mean, you'd be screwed if you copied your data, sold the first 3DS, bought a new one and threw the SD card in there, right?

new card for same 3DS = just copy the whole card
new 3DS = full system transfer (2 3DS needed)

jediyoshi

Bumpity. They dropped prices again.

Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS $129.99
Blue/Black Nintendo 3DS XL $149.99
Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS $109.99
Red/Black Nintendo 3DS XL $149.99
Red/Black Nintendo 3DS XL w/16 GB SD Memory Card $159.99

Sorry to bump this dead thread, but did anyone buy one of these? If so, how was it? How minor were any blemishes, or were there any at all? If I don't get a new one, I may think about getting the Cosmo Black, since it comes with the 1 year warranty.

Also, the price's for some have changed a little, and in addition to adding the Cosmo Black, they added the Pink and White XL:

Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS $129.99
Blue/Black Nintendo 3DS XL $149.99
Cosmo Black Nintendo 3DS $110.00
Flame Red Nintendo 3DS $110.00
Pearl Pink Nintendo 3DS $110.00
Pink/White Nintendo 3DS XL $150.00
Red/Black Nintendo 3DS XL $149.99

Top Bottom