• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Koji Igarashi's Castlevania successor be revealed this Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Take the following with a MOUNTAIN of salt, but the following comes from /v/. I will quote it verbatim.

"It's real. Game is going to be called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Kickstarter goes live May 11th. Main character is NotShanoa named Miriam. She has rune tattoos on her body. NotAlucard will be named Gebel.

Screen cap this."

The same user mentioned Michiru Yamane is on board as composer.
ffgZA9m.gif

TreIII

That name is too awful to be real "Bloodstained", really? Will eat crow if true.

It's certainly awful enough, that I'd be willing to believe that to be the actual title, honestly!

Anyway, Shonoa and Alucard expies would be fine by me.

Would definitely be down for not-Shanoa as the main protagonist. We're (most likely) so close that I don't really see any reason to put stock in rumors now, though.

Found these two images in the code of the website
sword.png

whip.png

shown before together with the pentagram.

That is exactly the kind of art I would want from this.

Hope this is what iga has intended for the actual game too, I don't want another massive disappointment in art direction like with inafune/mn9 :/

Nicko

Take the following with a MOUNTAIN of salt, but the following comes from /v/. I will quote it verbatim.

"It's real. Game is going to be called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Kickstarter goes live May 11th. Main character is NotShanoa named Miriam. She has rune tattoos on her body. NotAlucard will be named Gebel.

Screen cap this."

!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man!!! SOTN references for hopefully obvious reasons!!!!!!! LETS DO THIS!! Hype train ticket please.

Miker

Screen cap this."

I know this is 99.99999% bullshit, but I would love for Order of Ecclesia and its glyph system to provide a basis for notCastlevania. I think it was even better than the Tactical Soul system from Aria/Dawn of Sorrow, and its absence was one of the reasons I couldn't finish Portrait of Ruin. Going back and playing Symphony of the Night after Aria of Sorrow was a bit dull, tbh.

Given what IGA's said in the past about Yamane saying she'd be down for composing a hypothetical not-Castlevania, I feel confident in thinking she might as well be a lock for this.

Dr. Buni

Screen cap this."

I want this to be true so badly. Shanoa and Alucard are the best Castlevania protagonists, so I welcome NotShanoa and NotAlucard with open arms.

Durante

Would definitely be down for not-Shanoa as the main protagonist. We're (most likely) so close that I don't really see any reason to put stock in rumors now, though.
Yeah, Shanoa was awesome, I'll take not-Shanoa any day.

Order of Ecclesia was almost not-Castlevania already.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Given what IGA's said in the past about Yamane saying she'd be down for composing a hypothetical not-Castlevania, I feel confident in thinking she might as well be a lock for this.

How could she refuse? They're drinking buddies after all :lol

Yeah, Shanoa was awesome, I'll take not-Shanoa any day.

Order of Ecclesia was almost not-Castlevania already.

And incidentally one of the best. I really hope we get a female protag. And I hope her double jump animation is as graceful as Shanoa's

Xpliskin

Found these two images in the code of the website
sword.png

whip.png

shown before together with the pentagram.

Not exactly in the source, but nice find.

swordorwhip.com/images/xxx.png

Where xxx stands for
runes
sword
whip

Have at it, assuming they've uploaded something else.

To be 100% honest with you, I'm voting fan-made hoax.

I'll gladly eat crow.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Screen cap this."

Dear fucking God please be real

poncle

Sword & whip don't sound related to Alucard and Shanoa that much. Would be great to have similar protagonists though, they're the best ones.

Whatever it is, if Michiru Yamane is composing I'll start throwing money at the screen.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If there are two characters, wonder if you have a choice or whether iga will revist the PoR tag system, which was rather good.

I hope full online co-op is in. It would be great to run through the game with a buddy. If that's a stretchgoal, you guys better damn reach it (I'm already spent on Ooka-Laylee, gotta get that Toybox ._.)

I know this is 99.99999% bullshit, but I would love for Order of Ecclesia and its glyph system to provide a basis for notCastlevania. I think it was even better than the Tactical Soul system from Aria/Dawn of Sorrow

I feel similarly, though it might just be due to how low a lot of the soul drop rates were in the Sorrow games. Glyphs struck a good balance between being direct weapon upgrades and varied magic projectiles, while giving you new stuff to work with frequently.

Also yeah, I'm very confident that Yamane is a lock.

Kubiubo

I would love for this to be real. Iga was given awful budgets, and while some of his project didn't meet expectations, he did try to tie together the Castlevania universe and obviously treated the franchise as his own.

So was there any precise time the supposed reveal is going to happen - I know some people were going by the lunar calendar...

It's certainly awful enough, that I'd be willing to believe that to be the actual title, honestly!

Anyway, Shonoa and Alucard expies would be fine by me.

Oh hell yeah, the next Igavania should continue in the direction of Order of Ecclesia: that is, bring the spirit of Simon's Quest into the modern era. That's been one of my dream games for awhile.

I suggest they call the game: Scary No. 13

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Whatever this is, really hoping the -vania moniker stays in the title. Even if it's Pennsylvania. I need the vania.

Missed opportunity if the title doesn't include a musical refrence. Konami doesn't own the rights to that, and it's one of the easiest ways to discern which Castlevania games IGA was involved with. Would be a cool nod to fans of Castlevania.

I've been silent in this thread today but I've been following along since yesterday. It's after 8 PM on the East Coast so the moon should be out any minute. I'm really hoping that everything combined is pointing toward something legitimate tonight.
I've been waiting for this since first reading the headline "Igarashi Leaves Konami," and I'm ready to skip paying rent to throw money at a KickStarter.

Dr. Buni

Missed opportunity if the title doesn't include a musical refrence. Konami doesn't own the rights to that, and it's one of the easiest ways to discern which Castlevania games IGA was involved with. Would be a cool nod to fans of Castlevania.
Bloody Tears would be a neat name for a game.

Vamphuntr

Screen cap this."

Yeah, hopefully this is true even if the title of the game seems very bad. Shanoa was cool both character and gameplay wise.

Vamphuntr

I'll always remember the first leaked screens of the game with the time stamps on them. It was from the crab boss in the elevator part. GAF thought it looked so poor that it was from some doujin game. I do agree the art (portrait) feels awkward in the game.

Parsnip

The thing that makes me a believer is the website registration. If that had been done like yesterday, hype would deflate considerably.

I'm most curious about who will actually run the kickstarter. Like will they get an American publisher to run it or what.

Durante

The thing that makes me a believer is the website registration. If that had been done like yesterday, hype would deflate considerably.

I'm most curious about who will actually run the kickstarter. Like will they get an American publisher to run it or what.
8-4 I'd guess.

Dr. Buni

Glad to see so much Shanoa love here. OoE was the best DS Castlevania.
To me it is the best Castlevania overall. So damn good.
I'll always remember the first leaked screens of the game with the time stamps on them. It was from the crab boss in the elevator part. GAF thought it looked so poor that it was from some doujin game. I do agree the art (portrait) feels awkward in the game.
I think the art looks great. Now what they did with the art in Dawn of Sorrow was a tragedy. From gorgeous Gothic-ish art style to some ugly generic anime art style. :(

Vamphuntr

To me it is the best Castlevania overall. So damn good.

I think the art looks great. Now what they did with the art in Dawn of Sorrow was a tragedy. From gorgeous Gothic-ish art style to some ugly generic anime art style. :(

I think the art is fine, it's way it appears at the DS resolution that makes it really weird. The same happened with Aria of Sorrow on GBA.

Parsnip

8-4 I'd guess.

You are probably right on them running the campaign, but I mean literally whose name will be on the created by field on the KS website, since Kickstarter isn't directly open to Japanese creators yet. Have my doubts that that part is 8-4.

But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom