• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be replaying Fallout 4 with the new upgrade patch coming April 25 because of the show

vote

• Yes, and I've played it before

Votes: 86 41.3%
  • Yes, but I've never played it before but I want to because of the show

Votes: 37 17.8%
  • No, I've played it before and I'm done or didn't like it

Votes: 60 28.8%
  • No, I'm watching the show but don't want to do it again

Votes: 25 12.0%

• Total voters

mansoor1980

Gold Member
todd-howard-howard.gif

StereoVsn

Not sure I want to play it again. I don’t mind the gameplay and some of the side quests and characters but the main storyline and factions are terrible. Shawn!!!

Never did finish it, so a next gen update could make it feel like a new game. Its been so long since I last played, and the show invigorated my interest in the Fallout universe.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
tbh i found them disappointing at the time of release, and bethesda products age like milk. i did mostly like the show though.

Hero_Select

Not for a while. But yes. It hyped me up for 76 and 4. Never played them.
I've been playing 76 and having a good time. I didn't realize I missed that loop so much. Plus the map is huge as I'm doing all these quests and ping-ponging back around there's a lot of areas I want to revisit or just even get a chance to go to :3

Plus I don't feel compelled to spend any money on the store and I've gotten to lvl 20 fairly quickly.

TidusYuna

I'll probably wait for the patch, gonna play it because of the show, never played it. Got it digitally with the PS5 for free so I'll give it a go.

T4keD0wN

Ill try to actually finish it this time, already level 5, but i keep getting mauled by ghouls and raiders on the way to the city. Hope the patch doesnt fuck up my modlist too much.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Depending on how / if it breaks the mods.

It has been years since I played it properly, aside cursory mod testing, so why not.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Four word threads are my absolute favorite..do I pick, yes, or do I pick no? Damn it, I can’t decide. More words in your thread title than your actual thread is okay, I guess.

Side note, I might play it again. But are you kidding me with this thread? 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I play it regularly and feel like it it again but with the new patch..? If every single one of the mods that I'm using will still work, yeah for sure!

Otherwise I'll just stay with the old version but sure, I'll replay it.

fatmarco

If it's just a 60fps bump then no.

I've been playing Fallout 4 with the with framerate unlock mod already, so we already have 4k 60fps at least on Xbox Series X.

It needs to be a more significant upgrade to bother.

Methos#1975

I've been playing Fallout 4 with the with framerate unlock mod already, so we already have 4k 60fps at least on Xbox Series X.

Isn't only 1080p with the mod? I tried it before and it pretty much killed the graphics

Soodanim

I haven't seen the show yet, but I've been meaning to make a new mod list because I enjoy F4 with some of the roughness smoothed out. I couldn't do vanilla again though.

Dazraell

I will, but not because of the show. I was meaning to replay it either way cause of some really interesting mods that were released over the years

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I don't watch the show but I might get back on 76. I simply like the game and it'll be fun to see new players.

I might get a look at fallout 4 as well.

Ammogeddon

I’ve been looking forward to the upgrade patch since it was first announced. The TV show is just the icing on the cake.

nikos

I think I played it for 20 minutes back in the day before dropping it.

Did the same thing with Fallout 76 yesterday.

There's a quality and performance modes, also a new questline, new weapons, gear etc and better stability.

[Sigma]

Maybe at some point depending on how things look. I got too many things to get to right now so at best id probably skim it right now if I played it again.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President

Fuck them mods. I want my achievements.

xrnzaaas

Nah, I have the urge to return to Fallout (and Fallout-like) games, but I'd rather replay some of the earlier ones or maybe finally finish Wasteland 2 & 3 for the first time.

Top Bottom