• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 10 Xbox Live Enabled Gaming Thread |OT| News, Announcements, and Impressions

1JTLmqp.png

Hello all, and welcome to the Windows 10 Xbox Live Enabled Gaming Thread
If you are looking for the Xbox One downloadable gaming thread, head this way ------->

newreleasest0z8u.png

4pPRsYx.jpg

Age of Empires: Castle Siege
Microsoft Bingo
Pinball FX2 (shares achievement list with XB1 version)
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

comingsoonvjpb9.png

(Sorted by release date)
Microsoft Minesweeper - July 29th
Microsoft Hearts
Gigantic - Fall 2015
Fable Legends - Fall 2015

announcedgamesw0q2e.png

(Release Date Unknown)
#idarb
Ashen
Bierzerkers
Crimson Room: Decade
Cuphead
Divinity: Original Sin
Dungeons & Dragons: Sword Coast Legends
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Happy Dungeons
Killer Instinct
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Monster Buster Agency
Pillars of Eternity
Pit People (previously called Game4)
Polychromatic
Prismatica
Raging Justice
Sea of Thieves
Shovel Knight
Siegecraft Commander
Super Dungeon Bros
SWORDY
The Long Dark
The Solus Project
This War of Mine
Wasteland 2
Whispering Willows
Halo Wars 2 - Fall 2016

Disclaimer: If this looks similar to the Xbox One Download thread...that's because it is by design! Steverulez allowed me to use some of his images, as well as helped make the awesome header. Thanks Steve!

Haha, it's only fitting that Steve gets first post!

So, the first Windows 10 Xbox LIVE enabled game was released today, Microsoft Solitaire Collection by, you guessed it, Microsoft (actually one of their in-house devs called "Microsoft Casual Games").

It has 40 achievements for 1000GS, falling in line with Microsoft's message of "a game is a game, is a game". So, it seems no more of those wimpy 200GS lists!
Here is the list for those curious: http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/microsoft-solitaire-collection-w10/achievements/

Worth noting some interesting things since I've been trying it out:
  1. Since the achievements are cloud based these days, if you have your Xbox One on when you pop a Windows 10 achievement, it will also pop up on Xbox One and show up in your notification center
  2. Windows 10 Xbox titles come complete with Game Hubs, Store Pages, and Achievement viewing on console, even if the game is not released there
  3. Same as on Xbox One games, achievement art is in full swing!
  4. Titles look like they will have 1000GS each from here on forward. No word yet on challenges, but I don't see why not.
  5. The banner on the game tile has changed to show if a game is Xbox Live enabled or not, so you will see a centered "Xbox Live" green banner on top of Xbox enabled games in the store
  6. Windows 8 games for the most part are compatible with Windows 10, so if you have an Xbox Live enabled Win8 game you are all set to also play it on Win10 (unless of course it gets delisted at some point)

zorbsie

Subscribed!
I hope Solitaire sets the standard and all games on windows 10 will have 1000 achievement points. Not that I care about points. :)
Looking forward to downloading the update come July 29.

Hadn't been keeping up with the store in the preview program but it looks like I can now download my couple Win 8 games where I couldn't when I tried a couple months ago. Wavy Tube Man Chronicles gets to live on!

Subscribed!
I hope Solitaire sets the standard and all games on windows 10 will have 1000 achievement points. Not that I care about points. :)
Looking forward to downloading the update come July 29.

They should be. It follows Microsofts line of thinking that games are games, so I think we will see a base of 1000GS for all windows 10 xbox live titles (including mobile) from here on out

So one thing to note about Solitaire...

It's "free" but a 30secobd ad pops up every few games, just like Windows 8. It costs $1.50 a month to disable them (and you get more month coins), or $10/year.

I'd ALMOST entertain doing $10 for lifetime since I know I'll get good use out of this apps over windows10 lifespan, but per year is a bit rediculous IMO.

The ads aren't THAT bad though so I'll live.

Bsigg12

So I've seen Major Nelson and Phil Spencer playing the Minecraft: Win 10 edition beta, is it not available to those running Windows 10 yet?

Also, you can pin it to the Xbox One dashboard for some reason.

So I've seen Major Nelson and Phil Spencer playing the Minecraft: Win 10 edition beta, is it not available to those running Windows 10 yet?

Also, you can pin it to the Xbox One dashboard for some reason.
Ya you can pin all of the Windows 10 titles to dash when available, can always visit their game hub and view the store page even though they can't be bought there.

As for Minecraft Win10 Beta, it's publically out on July 29, but maybe it will drop earlier like Solitaire

Bsigg12

Ya you can pin all of the Windows 10 titles to dash when available, can always visit their game hub and view the store page even though they can't be bought there.

As for Minecraft Win10 Beta, it's publically out on July 29, but maybe it will drop earlier like Solitaire

Weird. I wonder if since those are pinnable, if eventually they'll be supported by the Xbox One itself? Just a random thought.

Bizzquik

So...is this where we'll talk about CrossBuy products...?
We've heard so little of the feature since Head of Xbox Phil Spencer spoke at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in early March.

For what its worth, here is a link to Phil's July 21st tweet where he mentioned that Mouse & Keyboard support will (eventually) make its way to Xbox One.

Now that I have a good PC - and being a long-time Xbox fan - I'm hoping W10 is finally the time Microsoft creates a unified ecosystem.

In the near term, I'm hoping the Windows Store gets an injection of cool stuff to celebrate the official release of Windows 10, on Wednesday! (July 29th)

So...is this where we'll talk about CrossBuy products...?
We've heard so little of the feature since Head of Xbox Phil Spencer spoke at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in early March.

For what its worth, here is a link to Phil's July 21st tweet where he mentioned that Mouse & Keyboard support will (eventually) make its way to Xbox One.

Now that I have a good PC - and being a long-time Xbox fan - I'm hoping W10 is finally the time Microsoft creates a unified ecosystem.

In the near term, I'm hoping the Windows Store gets an injection of cool stuff to celebrate the official release of Windows 10, on Wednesday! (July 29th)
Yep, this be the place.

I agree though, it will be interesting to see the Universal app system play out, as well as cross-buy, cross-play and the like. As for cross-buy/play I would wage Fable Legends or Gigantic will be the first titles to do that in Win10/Xb1. They should be out this fall.

As for general cross-buy, I know for a fact that Pinball FX2 is cross-buy and I would imagine that will be out close to launch.

As for this week, I think the only LIVE enabled games Announced are Minecraft Windows 10 edition beta, and Microsoft Minesweeper. Hoping there's some other games releasing though.

May take a month or two to pick up, but I expect thing to be in full swing come September/October :)

Kinda strange but they removed my pin of Minecraft Windows 10 edition beta from my Xbox One for some reason.
Maybe part of the LIVE issues today? Not sure

I do like how you can view the game hubs for Windows 10 titles on Xbox though. I love seeing the achievement art on my TV and can set the background with them if I want. Really cool

Bsigg12

Only x64 processors supported?

edit: I have a 32-bit OS, x64-based Processor but it wont let me install it.

I have no idea since it's technically based on the Pocket Edition. It's very possible it requires a 64bit OS though.

Thanks for posting this. Do I have to wait to upgrade to windows 10 to redeem the code?

I believe you can at any point but I'm not sure. It'll throw you to a website to redeem a code which gets you it for free.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh. The store won't let me get Minesweeper. It keeps saying to "try again" because something failed. I'm guessing they're getting hammered this early in the day?

Huh. The store won't let me get Minesweeper. It keeps saying to "try again" because something failed. I'm guessing they're getting hammered this early in the day?
The Minesweeper version on the store is the old Windows 8 version, I do not believe that the Windows 10 version is available yet

Holy crap, that was the smoothest upgrade I've ever done. I went from 7 to 10 and everything I checked runs fine. It was less than 20 minutes. Steam, games, office, and even the minecraft server was online at boot. I quickly tested a few games and they seem fine. Logged into the Xbox app and that went ok. Steaming from the Xbox One works well. Not great mind you but it is playable. I have the xbox connecting over wifi so that is probably a limiting factor. Good news for people who hate the Xbox One controller. It accepts input from an Xbox 360 controller and a logitech controller!

Will update the OP when I get home later with Minecraft.

So, I had a talk with someone at Xbox who said the games are coming, with a big smile. So, might seem slow now, but I expect it to pick up this fall :)

I tried streaming a few games just to see how different games work. Most of the games work ok. Keep in mind I'm still wireless, I need to run another cable over to where the Xbox One is. Forza Horizons worked good, as did Goat Simulator, Lego Batman 3 as did Ryse. Wasn't pretty but if I looked past the compression, some enjoyable game playing could be had. Pinball FX was unplayable.

Announced at Gamescom (will update as I see more):

Halo Wars 2 coming Fall 2016 on Xbox One and Windows 10

Happy Wars coming in 2016, support cross-plat play with XB1, and can import your progress

Starbound launching on XB1 Game Preview this year, and Windows 10. I assume the Windows 10 will have achievements just like XB1

Thimbleweed Park - Coming to XB1 and Windows 10

Cobalt coming to XB1 and Windows 10 in October

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (XB1/Win10) - Cross Play

Cities Skylines
Train Simulator
The Devil Men
Silence
State of Mind
Worms WMD
Yooka-Laylee
Sheltered
Ark Survival Evolved
Rivals of aether
Starbound
We Happy Few
Leo's Fortune
Blues & Bullets
Beyond Eyes
Slain

Gamescom Day 2

• Ori & the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition announced today on Xbox Daily. Coming to Windows 10, XB1, Steam. Not much really siad other than it includes new abilities, content, artwork, and that they took in all fan feedback to improve the game.
  • Dovetail Games Flight Simulator & Fishing Sim announced along with the announcement of Train Simulator yesterday
  • Ori & The Blind Forest DE announced for Windows 10, coming this holiday

Age of Empires: Castle Siege is the third official game for Windows 10 Xbox LIVE games. It was updated today (no need to update the app) where if you launch the app you will see that the achievement total is now 1000GS, and you will auto-pop any achievements you previously gained

Age of Empires: Castle Siege is the third official game for Windows 10 Xbox LIVE games. It was updated today (no need to update the app) where if you launch the app you will see that the achievement total is now 1000GS, and you will auto-pop any achievements you previously gained

Just tested and it still lists 200g achievements. I even got an achievement in my playtime, and the game still only lists 200g.

It seems that Microsoft Bingo and Spartan Strike had updated to Win10, but achievements are still 200g each :-(

Where are the Win10 games?

It seems that Microsoft Bingo and Spartan Strike had updated to Win10, but achievements are still 200g each :-(

Where are the Win10 games?
Yep it's really odd. Although the Bingo update supposedly fixed some glitches achievements.

Microsoft Hearts and Microsoft Minesweeper are supposed to be coming soon.

All the ID@Xbox games still haven't shown up either. I would have at least thought Pinball would be ready by now.

Hoping we have more releases soon so this thread can pick up :/

Pinball Fx2 also had an update on Xbox one recently that added achievements for Windows 10. So it looks like the XB1 version and Win10 version will share lists

So I expect that to release semi-soon

zorbsie

Pinball Fx2 also had an update on Xbox one recently that added achievements for Windows 10. So it looks like the XB1 version and Win10 version will share lists

So I expect that to release semi-soon

Hopefully that means the purchases we've made on the XB1 carries over to the W10 version of the game.

Vert boil

apps.6697.13510798885759289.f17de64e-b870-4a08-9126-bb267d2a5723.8e41cc52-25ca-48b3-9742-f1c89e5abb7b

Pinball FX2 Windows 10 Edition is up now.

It's a separate download from the Win 8 version, 1 gig.
If you're searching on the store, search for zen pinball instead of pinball or pinball fx2.

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6048
Pinball FX2 Hits Windows 10 Today

Starting today, players worldwide can experience the best pinball simulation on the latest Microsoft operating system. Pinball FX2 is the premier pinball platform for Windows 10, offering an exciting library of original pinball tables featuring the hottest brands in entertainment like Star Wars, Marvel, and more. Pinball FX2 on Windows 10 brings the pinball action for which the franchise is known into the next-generation with 1080p/60FPS graphics, new achievements, and a slick menu interface.

We are honored to be one of the first ID@Xbox titles to release for Windows 10, and we can’t wait to give people a new way to experience it. We’re also hard at work to deliver the ability for tables you purchase on Xbox One and Windows 10 to automatically unlock at no additional cost on the other platform. We are working closely with Microsoft as they implement the technology necessary to enable this. While this feature is not yet available, we look forward to offering this at a later time and we’ll be sure to share additional information as it becomes available.

ATM, seems like there is one free table (watch an ad to play), Sorcerer's Lair. Everything else wants cash money.

Here are the currently available tables:
Original Zen Tables
- Rome
- Sorcerer’s Lair
- Earth Defense
- Mars
- Epic Quest
- Secrets of the Deep
- BioLab
- Pasha
- Shaman
- Tesla
- El Dorado
- V12
- Excalibur

Marvel Tables
- Avengers
- Civil War
- Captain America
- Fear Itself
- Infinity Gauntlet
- World War Hulk
- Thor
- Iron Man
- The Amazing Spider-Man
- Wolverine
- Fantastic Four

Star Wars
- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Boba Fett
- Clone Wars
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Starfighter Assault
- Darth Vader

They hope to add more tables in batches over the coming months until they are caught up to Xbox One. Also, as stated, they are still working with MS in cross buy

Microsoft Bingo got an update and now the achievements are working. However the ones I got before the update are showing in game but not on my achievements.

Top Bottom