• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 Tablets/Laptops/Laplets Cross Shopping Thread of Most Confusing Launch |OT|

SaiyanRaoh

I am still in the honeymoon phase with the Surface Pro 2 and I'm still in love with it. I originally bought the 64 GB but quickly found out that it wouldn't be enough for my needs so I returned it for the 128 GB. I have been benchmarking games all weekend that didn't have a YouTube presence. Games like Sonic and All stars Racing ran at 40-50 FPS with only AA disabled and running at 720P. And Kingdom of Amalur (50-60 FPS with only AA disabled and post processing simple.) For a non gaming, heavy productivity machine, this thing has really impressed me. I was even surprised that Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall were 100% touch enabled.
Anyone know of an good solid program that will let me bind keys to the touch screen? I consume point and clicks and it would be awesome if there were a way. I've tried that GestureWorks Gameplay program but I can't get anything to work despite seeing to controls on screen. Even the community stuff didn't work.
One odd thing though and I thought maybe it was an Unreal engine problem. Deus Ex GOTY (GoG). I can only get it to run 20-24 FPS no matter what setting I have it. Can anyone guess why?

popeutlal

New Acer Atom hybrid announced. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/aspireswitch10

$380.

AspireSwitch10_series_photogallery-01.png

AspireSwitch10_series_photogallery-06.png

AspireSwitch10_series_photogallery-03.png

AspireSwitch10_series_photogallery-05.png

Sorry about necroing such an old thread but does anyone that owns the Asus T100 have some opinions about the keyboard? Most reviews seem to says that it is a little small but nothing to fret about. Is this true? I'm somewhat hesitant about buying it since I will mainly be typing documents for school with it.

Birbo

Sorry about necroing such an old thread but does anyone that owns the Asus T100 have some opinions about the keyboard? Most reviews seem to says that it is a little small but nothing to fret about. Is this true? I'm somewhat hesitant about buying it since I will mainly be typing documents for school with it.

I have the T100 (posting from it right now) and don't have any issues with the keyboard at all. A little small but totally functional is accurate.

kmfdmpig

It's small, but comfortable. I type a bit slower and make a few more mistakes than with a desktop keyboard, but it's not bad at all.

The one problem I have with mine is that sometimes it disconnects and I have to jiggle it back into place to make it reconnect. It doesn't feel loose, so I don't think it's a physical issue as much as it is just overly sensitive. That's more a nuisance than a problem, however, as it's not that common and it's easily fixed.

It's small, but comfortable. I type a bit slower and make a few more mistakes than with a desktop keyboard, but it's not bad at all.

The one problem I have with mine is that sometimes it disconnects and I have to jiggle it back into place to make it reconnect. It doesn't feel loose, so I don't think it's a physical issue as much as it is just overly sensitive. That's more a nuisance than a problem, however, as it's not that common and it's easily fixed.
I have the T100 (posting from it right now) and don't have any issues with the keyboard at all. A little small but totally functional is accurate.
Thanks, I think I might get it then. Its $350 right now on Amazon, cant beat that!

Nero3000

New updates from IFA 2014.

New ASUS Zenbook looks nice: QHD+ screen, 12mm, 10 hr battery life and BRaodwell Core M processor.

Skele7on

Banned
HELP.

my work windows 8.1 laptop doesn't actually bring up the power menu...

aka Right click on windows keyor windows + X brings up that menu.

Anyone else had this, how did they fix.

Wiktor

Lots of new Windows hardware announced

http://microsoft-news.com/

Including this little guy

toshi.jpg

Toshiba Encore Mini 7 in tablet for $120.

Looks like that free windows 8 is reflecting on hardware prices.

Jeez...at this price I might get it just as exclusive visual novels reader :D The screen would make it suitable only for older titles, but still..at this price?

MCD

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-envy-x2-13-3-inch-2014/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2602...neup-with-new-envy-x2-pavilion-x2-models.html

HP is also adding a new model to its budget Pavilion line, with the HP Pavilion x2. It'll be powered by an Intel Atom processor and offers a 10.1-inch IPS touchscreen and front-facing speakers. Expandability comes care of a microSD card slot, and the device also offers a USB and mini-HDMI port -- all in a tablet that weighs just 1.2 pounds. The detachable keyboard cover weighs another 1.9-pounds. The Pavilion x2 should be available on October 29, starting at $330. (Availability of both the Envy X2 and Pavilion X2 models in the UK, Australia, and other parts of the world are not available at this time.)

Finally.

Grabbing the HP Pavilion. I need something cheap and with USB for work.

Well Windows is free for devices less than 10 inches. So they're probably making a few bucks on the hardware.

But there's a 100 dollar tablet coming with a 1 year office 365 subscription XD And the 150 dollar version comes with unlimited 4g for life, alongside the free office, for free as well XD XD XD

Ms is probably giving them a discount, but given the manufacturing costs, the retail's cut... I'm surprised they are making a profit on these.

Top Bottom