• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 7 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Seems like some of my friends' friends are posting pictures as "losers" of the $100 Windows Phone contest from their new WP7 phones.

hwalker84

I had a dream that I was playing with the 900. Then I wake up and my phone had a message saying something about "data recovery" My groups were deleted, All my email accounts were pinned at the bottom of the phone because they were removed and re added. All my apps seem to be here. Wtf!

Edit: Lost all my linked contacts had to go through and relink everyone that doesn't happen automatically. Battery has dropped 10% since my phones been working overtime to download thousands of messages and contacts.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I heard from a source (an acquaintance I know from back in the day) who know works at MS but not in the phone division persay mention MS is intent on getting the Phone version of Windows 8 out ASAP. He wouldn't nail down a specific date, but said don't take W8 hitting in October to be that's win WP8 will hit. MS wants to get the WP8 out quite a bit sooner than that.

gcubed

So I heard from a source (an acquaintance I know from back in the day) who know works at MS but not in the phone division persay mention MS is intent on getting the Phone version of Windows 8 out ASAP. He wouldn't nail down a specific date, but said don't take W8 hitting in October to be that's win WP8 will hit. MS wants to get the WP8 out quite a bit sooner than that.

the software i have no doubt will be out earlier, the ability to use the software i still expect to be fall. Mango was released to dev's 2 months or so before it was on phones, correct? WP8 is a pretty big change for devs is it not?

kehs

Banned

Phone version of W8 or Windows Phone 8?

I need clarification....

PG2G

Nokia World is end of Sept. I'd be verrry surprised if WP8 came out before then. I'd think that's where Nokia will announce their devices and I expect them to have WP8 devices at launch. Who knows though

PSGames

Loving my 900. So happy to get rid of my Focus and the call quality and reception are excellent compared to the Titan I owned. I have a Microcell in my home due to coverage issues but I'm able to make and recieve calls on the Lumia without it. Getting 4 bars of LTE at this moment. Pretty nice.

hwalker84

Loving my 900. So happy to get rid of my Focus and the call quality and reception are excellent compared to the Titan I owned. I have a Microcell in my home due to coverage issues but I'm able to make and recieve calls with the Lumia without it. Getting 4 bars of LTE at this moment. Pretty nice.

Glad to hear about the reception being excellent. I'm getting sick of the reception of my Titan. If LTE was on the roadmap in Pittsburgh I probably couldn't resist.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Glad to hear about the reception being excellent. I'm getting sick of the reception of my Titan. If LTE was on the roadmap in Pittsburgh I probably couldn't resist.

So looking back, can we agree that the Focus S > Titan? I remember there was a lot of debate last october/november about which device was the one to get.

Circle T

It's prob circle t. He let the fame get to his head. Next thing you know, he'll claim to be anon never forget, never forgive.

Haha, you caught me. But no, had I known this would be such a big deal, I probably wouldn't have posted. I hate getting everyone all excited, just to be a huge WP7 noob and not know what I'm doing and all that. Plus, now that I'm not in possession of the phone, it's harder for me to get info and whatnot. I wish I was more help now that I know the level of excitement for the phone.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll see if I can borrow the phone and get some outdoor shots with it. I just emailed those other ones to myslef to get them to post. Does that keep them full size, or is there a preferred way of getting the full images off the phone? And I know that people frown on imgur due to the compression. What is a suitable alternative? Mondays are a little busy for me, so no guarantees, but I should be able to get some shots.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Haha, you caught me. But no, had I known this would be such a big deal, I probably wouldn't have posted. I hate getting everyone all excited, just to be a huge WP7 noob and not know what I'm doing and all that. Plus, now that I'm not in possession of the phone, it's harder for me to get info and whatnot. I wish I was more help now that I know the level of excitement for the phone.

This is easily the highest profile US hardware launch for the young platform. But you probably already realized that, ;). For the best quality photos, you'd have to upload them using the SkyDrive app.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

If I have time tomorrow, I'll see if I can borrow the phone and get some outdoor shots with it. I just emailed those other ones to myslef to get them to post. Does that keep them full size, or is there a preferred way of getting the full images off the phone? And I know that people frown on imgur due to the compression. What is a suitable alternative? Mondays are a little busy for me, so no guarantees, but I should be able to get some shots.

or you could upload em to minus. if possible. but really you've given us more than enough information.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So looking back, can we agree that the Focus S > Titan? I remember there was a lot of debate last october/november about which device was the one to get.

Probably, but I still don't regret getting a Titan over it. My data failure issue hasn't been a problem since I posted about it a while back, and that's the only problem I've had with the phone.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Phone version of W8 or Windows Phone 8?

I need clarification....

Windows Phone 8...

Take this as you will. I have couple of people I know who work at MS and say things are ahead of schedule because most of the kernel work is already done. That should be apparent from where Windows 8 is at as well since Win 8 and Win Phone 8 are going to share kernels.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I will be so annoyed if the 900 is only available in black on Rogers. Cyan better be at launch or very, very soon after.
god knows what rogers is planing. i would trade all the colors of the rainbow for a white lumia. but as troll said i don't think thats gonna be released anywhere anytime soon.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The glossy white may be too slippery for my liking.

I was at Superstore and they had the cyan 800 on display, so nice! They had a deal where you get a $100 gift card for signing a new contract with it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm betting the matte finish of the black/cyan looks and feels better than the gloss white irl.

They both look amazing but white is my favourite

6952674745_16c3ab69dd_c_d.jpg

Firestorm

I downloaded imgur uploader from the marketplace which lets you upload pics to imgur by clicking share after you take them (or from pictures hub or from the app). Super helpful. There's also a minus app that does the same thing if you prefer minus I think.

Blackhead

Redarse
I downloaded imgur uploader from the marketplace which lets you upload pics to imgur by clicking share after you take them (or from pictures hub or from the app). Super helpful. There's also a minus app that does the same thing if you prefer minus I think.

Link? Wait you can share from the camera app to upload to imgur?

I think they are about on par with one another and either one would be just fine. If I have to do over again, I probably would not be sway as much by bigger screen on Titan. I found that while it's nice to have big screen ... they are not very good to use with one hand.

That said I don't know if I can live with Focus S horrible camera ... Titan camera is actually very nice. Regardless, they are both at EOL. Why do I have a feeling from here on out, Nokia will be the only Windows Phone OEM. The Focus S+2 or whatever Samsung going to call it seems to just disappear. Titan 2 also have been no show, unless At&t and MS just want to concentrate on Nokia phone for now.

Lesiroth

I think they are about on par with one another and either one would be just fine. If I have to do over again, I probably would not be sway as much by bigger screen on Titan. I found that while it's nice to have big screen ... they are not very good to use with one hand.

That said I don't know if I can live with Focus S horrible camera ... Titan camera is actually very nice. Regardless, they are both at EOL. Why do I have a feeling from here on out, Nokia will be the only Windows Phone OEM. The Focus S+2 or whatever Samsung going to call it seems to just disappear. Titan 2 also have been no show, unless At&t and MS just want to concentrate on Nokia phone for now.

There's no point releasing new phones since they can't improve over their currently released ones. Until Apollo releases that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom