• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3 Update 3| Please be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another stupid question:

Here Maps, there is only a green dot showing my position... I've seen nav apps where the direction you are facing (holding your smart phone) is displayed by a small arrow on the dot.

Why not here?

Is there a way to add such an arrow to this app?

Paganmoon

Another stupid question:

Here Maps, there is only a green dot showing my position... I've seen nav apps where the direction you are facing (holding your smart phone) is displayed by a small arrow on the dot.

Why not here?

Is there a way to add such an arrow to this app?

Click on the little green dot with grey around it on the bottom left, it'll tell you to calibrate the phone by rotating it like an 8, then it should be working.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
we should be more positive about the great features of windows phone, otherwise we'll just sit and mope.

Things I like about my 920 that keep me wanting to use windows phone
1) Glance screen. Really find this useful.
2) double tap to wake
3) offline maps. Can't believe Google Maps on android doesn't let you do this except with a small area. I can't even drive between London and Bristol without going online.

Paganmoon

Unfortunately, that only puts the dot in the center of the screen... no arrow :( (no calibration message)

strange, try pressing it again when it's centered? for me on Here Maps, if I'm not centered, first it'll center my position to the map, then it'll ask me to calibrate.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's settled. After one week with the G3 I'm moving away from WP unless McLaren blows my socks off.

I'm not dropping my Lumia 920 just yet because it works just fine and I actually like it *a lot* (unrivaled performance under direct sunlight for a LCD screen and glance screen during wireless charging are fantastic features), but I'm running FakeGAF's WhatsApp group and Windows Phone version is so fucking crummy in comparison, just like nearly every other cross platform app. It's just too much. And don't get me started with the notifications. Even Windows Phone 8.1 feels substandard.

catmincer

My 1520 met its demise in water /sigh.

Replaced it with a Z2 as there's nothing decent out and the 1520 seems to be impossible to source now.

Z2 is actually a lot nicer in many regards but the camera is so crap. :(

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah this ain't so good. If I just use my thumb to change the volume down it doesn't respond that well. Only way to get it going properly is to press with my nail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UGNUlpOo6k&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVsvE5MD-Yo

Really liked the phone other than this :\

Never had a problem with the one I've fondled. Maybe there's something wrong with your particular phone?

The Z2 is very nice. It's just too bad that Sony's interface is so oldy looking and that the phone is such a brick. It makes my Lumia feel ergonomic.

kharma45

Never had a problem with the one I've fondled. Maybe there's something wrong with your particular phone?

The Z2 is very nice. It's just too bad that Sony's interface is so oldy looking and that the phone is such a brick. It makes my Lumia feel ergonomic.

Yeah volume rocker sort of squeaks too when you touch it. Think I'll just send it back. Nice device other than that.

Paganmoon

Will be ready in few hours. Sort of. I hope. I mean, I finished the header image last night. Now that that's done, I can write the rest of the OT!

Now, could someone please translate me that damn sentence to proper French?!

comprendre s'il vous plait

According to a friend that knows some French. According to him, s'il vous plait should be after, not before, as Google Translate translates it.

Is there a way of setting the larger Facebook Beta tiles to the Facebook logo rather than your cover photo?

I've seen photos with just the logo on the large tiles but can't find a setting to change it.

Hi guys

i know i only posted here like twice but i am leaving WP for now too.

My lumia 520 died (battery lose charge,dead in 3 hours w/o doing anything) and i just brought a Redmi S1 :D Redmi seems really good for its price. (around 135 USD)

I maybe back if there are any good mid range phones around $400 USD.

MarkusRJR

So MS recently put the Lumia 1020 on the Canadian MS Store as an off contract unlocked affair (first time for them to sell an unlocked phone in Canada). I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if we get any Canadian 930 news, but is the 1020 still a decent phone? They took it down off Telus' stores before I could pick one up.

Also, the Destiny app isn't coming to WP. :(

Paganmoon

So MS recently put the Lumia 1020 on the Canadian MS Store. I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if we get any 930 news, but is the 1020 still a decent phone? They took it down off Telus' stores before I could pick one up.

It's a decent phone, with a great camera, but keep in mind, the hardware was at least a year old back even when it got released.

kharma45

I have a feeling that I'll end up being the only person staying with a new Windows Phone at this rate.

I'll be back again for a bit once I get this Z2 sorted. Then onto the hunt for another phone. I just wish the battery on the Nexus 5 wasn't so poor, otherwise it'd be an easy sell.

MarkusRJR

I'll be back again for a bit once I get this Z2 sorted. Then onto the hunt for another phone. I just wish the battery on the Nexus 5 wasn't so poor, otherwise it'd be an easy sell.
Yeah, a Nexus 6 with a slightly better camera, 801, and a 2800-3000 mAh battery would be the perfect phone imo.

Paganmoon

I have a feeling that I'll end up being the only person staying with a new Windows Phone at this rate.

It really depends on what phones are planned for the fall, I'm sticking out until late fall/early winter and if nothing good's come out till then, I'll feel pretty forced to bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom