• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You're right Akarin & chinatsu are where the comedy lies....

BUt if you're looking at yuri , then Sakurako and Himawari are where you need to look . there is like no contest here.

Even the author agrees
Who comes to Yuru Yuri for the yuri? That is only setting yourself up for disappointment.
If what I've read on the show here and there is accurate, Akarin doesn't have much spotlight until season 2, right? I like her character, so that'd make me have to rush through the first season.
I don't know if I'd say ♪♪ gives more presence to Akarin. She is used to open/close the seasons and plays a major role from time to time but the series avoids really focusing on an individual.

Who comes to Yuru Yuri for the yuri? That is only setting yourself up for disappointment.
SDburton and I ?

i mean seriously i love yuri too

yuru yuri works because it's a subtle mix between yuri hints ( lot of them ) and comedy. i'm fine with either of those !

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I can safely say that Minoru Shiraishi safely belongs on the AnimeGAF list of cool dudes.

New thread? Now I feel obliged to post something of substance and merit:

S: Takane
A: Chihaya
B: Yukiho, Iori
C: Haruka, Makoto, Miki
D: Azusa, Yayoi, Ritsuko
E: Mami, Ami, Hibiki

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yuru Yuri is a bad K-ON wannabe.

This post is for dimb and nobody else

Shergal

The first four episodes were directed by Yamamoto Yutaka, after which he was dismissed as director (I think this was the thing that led him to leave KyoAni). I think most people agree that the episodes directed by Yamamoto aren't very entertaining.

I can't guarantee that you'll find the rest of it entertaining, but this is something to keep in mind.

I don't know what the hell happened in those 4 episodes. Yamakan's episodes had always been superb, and he fared well in gag shows as demonstrated by his Hare+Guu episodes. I think the issue he had was that he was not up to the task to be a full supervisor; IIRC he had a lot of problems managing everything and the organization was really messy. And surely something else must have happened inside the studio that we're not aware of.

The gigantic yellow "early Crunchyroll" subs are annoying too.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't know, maybe this isn't for me.

Lucky Star was a very slow burn for me. But by the time I finished the last episode I knew watching the show was worth it and not a waste of time.

It's still pretty much the same thing throughout, so if referential humour based around talking isn't your thing, just drop it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
New thread? Now I feel obliged to post something of substance and merit:

S: Takane
A: Chihaya
B: Yukiho, Iori
C: Haruka, Makoto, Miki
D: Azusa, Yayoi, Ritsuko
E: Mami, Ami, Hibiki

Miki and Haruka on the same level? That fake blonde wannabe should be at the bottom.

Yuru Yuri is a bad K-ON wannabe.

By that logic anything featuring an all girl cast in school is a K-On wannabe including Azumanga.

Tomat

By that logic anything featuring an all girl cast in school is a K-On wannabe including Azumanga.
It's true! Azumanga wanted to be K-ON! They just didn't know it at the time.

OceanBlue

I don't know what the hell happened in those 4 episodes. Yamakan's episodes had always been superb, and he fared well in gag shows as demonstrated by his Hare+Guu episodes. I think the issue he had was that he was not up to the task to be a full supervisor; IIRC he had a lot of problems managing everything and the organization was really messy. And surely something else must have happened inside the studio that we're not aware of.

Yeah, he's generally pretty good. Kannagi isn't exactly the same type of show (and it's been a while so it might be a poor comparison), but it was done pretty well in my opinion. I haven't heard any stories about the organization (I didn't really care too much about staff details back then), but I vaguely remember a story about how he was a bit more adamant about sticking to the source material. That might've been a reason.

I really need to rewatch Lucky Star and see if I can be more attentive to differences in pacing and material. I want to rewatch Lucky Star anyway. I really enjoyed it when it aired.

Theonik

I just thought of this during the GIF spam
http://i.imgur.com/vKxTA.gif
Why the fuck did Kirito decide to tell the dude that all his friends were dead at the EDGE OF THE FREAKING WORLD!? Not the smartest move by Kirito...unless he wanted to tie up the loose ends...
That's because Kirito is literally the worst person on the galaxy.

So not only is duckroll content with using the purity of democracy as toilet paper, but he's also going to take a piss on mathematics? So much debauchery.
『It's not his fault!』
iyzsL3rpG9Uv8.gif

In an attempt to divert your attention from my tastes, I offer AnimeGAF this:
http://i.minus.com/iQmW3MWD6Wm1F.gif
I've wanted this gif since that other once was made. Greatness. I do agree with BGBW though that the text might use some readability improvements.

Sengan kagura - 03

A barely ok episode ... so classic it hurts.
But there was lots of fanservice so i'm ok with this..

oh there was this pussycat there :

Senran%20Kagura%2003.jpg

When i was in elementary school i managed 6th place in a competition ! now that i'm an adult fear me !

Thank god i went "in" for something else than the plot.

Lttp but damn, why do kayos always get made fun of lol.

Because everyone's tsundere for kayos90

cajunator

Banned
Kayos is our loveable mascot. AS such we have very high expectations of him.
Also he is so very responsive to nitpicking. Isn't he adorable? *glomps Kayos

dimb

I don't even watch idol master but Takane on D-Tier?
She has no real presence during the show. Rarely shows up, doesn't really have anything to offer, and has a pretty boring episode. What do you expect?

cajunator

Banned
She has no real presence during the show. Rarely shows up, doesn't really have anything to offer, and has a pretty boring episode. What do you expect?

I suppose going by show presence you are correct, as Takane is criminally under-represented. However as an actual idol she is top tier.

So I picked up Idolm@ster 2 on PS3 pretty much on a whim. Enjoyed the demo. The anime is definitely worth watching? I have no idea who I want as my first trio.

Tomat

She's too classy to be low tier.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When I knew nothing about the iDOLM@STER my initial one to watch was Takane, but only because someone claimed she was half English in the OT thread.

OceanBlue

So I picked up Idolm@ster 2 on PS3 pretty much on a whim. Enjoyed the demo. The anime is definitely worth watching? I have no idea who I want as my first trio.

I was planning on dictionary'ing it up through the game but the text automatically progressing after a couple of seconds made that really difficult. ;_;

I personally think the anime is worth watching. It does a good job of creating an energetic, positive atmosphere. The production values are good and you can tell that the staff were fans of the show.

Edit: Yayoi (leader), Haruka, Yukiho forever. Or at least until I beat the game.

Varion

Yep, if you're interested in the franchise the anime is definitely worth watching. It was what made me an Idolmaster fan to begin with.

Theonik

It saddens me that so few people in this thread recognise Makoto's top-tierness and the question MakotoxMiki as the definitive IM@S OTP.

Strike Witches

This was a fantastic series. I went in expecting pantsu and yuri but found a fun story of friendship and teamwork. The fanservice was presented so casually that it didn't even seem like it was there most of the time. The characters were all fun, though I wish there had been a few more episodes so all the witches could have their time to shine. There was one thing that annoyed me and that's the lack of explanations for a few things. What was the deal with the Neuroi? What was the deal with the Warlock turning into a Neuroi? I hope season 2 answers this for me. I saw that Sakamoto's VA changes in season 2, I hope that the new VA does a decent job with her laugh.

Glad you enjoyed one of the most legitimately fun shows (and one of my favorites). Now go watch S2 and the movie so you can impatiently wait for S3 like me.

Wall of Shame
-----
Code:
ZachDeKoromaru	124

Eu6sOvP.png

The beauty of idolmaster the game is that you can pick whatever you want as a trio and the game will still be good.

So trust your instincts.

Anime is worth watching ( only saw 8 episodes but i loved it ).

I was planning on dictionary'ing it up through the game but the text automatically progressing after a couple of seconds made that really difficult. ;_;

Not only that but the game shuffle all the answers , and you must answer everything in time or face negative consequences. Learn japanese or nothing

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Time for plan B. We send Namco a letter everyday that we want iDOLM@STER in the west.

I'll even include hugs and kisses.

XXOO

BGBW

OceanBlue

Anime is worth watching ( only saw 8 episodes but i loved it ).

I can't believe you haven't watched more! Apparently there are a lot of in-jokes for game players (I enjoyed it regardless, but...). 15 and 26 are great ensemble episodes.

Edit: Oh, missed the last response. You know which episodes are among my favorites now.

sonicmj1

Wandering Son 3

Puberty waits for no man or woman.

I'm too tired to write detailed impressions, but I still can't stop being impressed by how well this show captures early adolescent relationships. It's like Usagi Drop 8 years later. Even with the more extreme identity issues that Nitori suffers from, the way his sister interacts with him reminds me a lot of my own family in a lot of small ways.

iqUvoLJ0nG2eG.jpg

It's also a really beautiful show at times.

I can see why people were annoyed that this was overlooked in 2011. It's pretty remarkable.

dimb

I suppose going by show presence you are correct, as Takane is criminally under-represented. However as an actual idol she is top tier.
Pure idol quality is always going to be Chihaya/Haruka at the top if we are talking about songs. Again, another area where I don't feel like she can compete.
She's too classy to be low tier.
She's outclassed even within idols. Azusa is more formal, Iori is better as the "princess" archetype. Takane excels at nothing and hides behind mystique. I don't find her to be very interesting to the point where I honestly feel the show would be unchanged/better without her.
What's a "Kotori"?
Kotori is reason.

Varion

I can't believe you haven't watched more! Apparently there are a lot of in-jokes for game players (I enjoyed it regardless, but...). 15 and 26 are great ensemble episodes.

Edit: Oh, missed the last response. You know which episodes are among my favorites now.
Yeah it's perfectly enjoyable if you know nothing about Idolmaster other than the anime, there's just tons of little references not just to the game but to other things related to the franchise too, you'd have to be a pretty huge fan to get all of them. Only reason I know is I know someone who is (who made me watch it in the first place).

Random example from 15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCIVQiYstkI

7Th

As far as the anime goes, I think the idols with the best representation (besides the main trio) were Makoto and Iori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom