• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

[Tamako Market] - 2

Happiness complaints? You are all just jaded! I guess some of these feelings directly correlate to our own watching habits, as Brazil has mentioned, KyoAni may be their own worst enemy in that regard. But for me personally, I still find there is enough of an inherent difference in these shows that I’m not yet looking at them in pure base terms. I thought this may have been exacerbated by me watching, K-ON!, Hyouka, and Chu2 in quick succession, but no, seems I’m still on-board.

But I agree with Jex, in so much that yes, nothing really much has happened yet, though that is typical KyoAni procedure. But then again, the ensemble has been bedded in during the duration of these first two episodes, so maybe it's a bit disingenuous to fully embrace that notion . It is always the sense of place and general atmosphere that I appreciate in their works, and in that regard, Tamako has firmly set its stall in familiar territory.

Less of the bird? Thought that might be the case, particularly as he seems to bear the brunt of the narrative crux, although I don’t really expect that to become the onus until a little later into the series run anyway. But I like his presence anyway, and I like all the animation around his various posturing and gestures.

This is not to say that I have been enthralled so far, though I have enjoyed my brief time with it. So I can (in some respects) agree with various impressions that it can come across as clinical. The execution is almost flawless, but we have come to take that for granted. And so here we are, desperately trying to dig beneath that (admittedly) shiny exterior, seemingly beholden to deliver on its own set of unique standards. I am certainly satiated for the time being, but I'll be looking to get a bit more as we progress.

/XX/

http://i.imgur.com/YLU17b5.jpg

To prevent unauthorized fun.
Delicious irony:

Twitter / shiori_izawa: 風紀委員(真面目な子達)のアダ名の元ネタが ソドム、ゴモラ、 ...
http://twitter.com/shiori_izawa/status/277420935366205441

Sodoko, Gomoyo and Pazobi in place of Sodom, Gomorrah and Paolo Pasolini respectively... no wonder Sodoko doesn't likes being called by that name!

Can't we just like them all?

S: Hibiki, Chihaya/Haruka
A: Makoto/Yukiho
うっう!! (^^)/: Yayoi, Azusa, Miki, everybody else
My yuri goggles demand that the pairs stay together in tiers. Also Yayoi's exclamation is always amusing/heart-warming.
Subject to change based on how disappointed people are with me.
Is it time to bring 'Idoru Team Official Roster' again? Courtesy of Unknown Soldier:

NeoGAF - View Single Post - The iDOLM@STER TV |OT| Otaku tested, Kentaro Miura Approved
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29180106&postcount=81

cajunator

Banned
Delicious irony:

Twitter / shiori_izawa: 風紀委員(真面目な子達)のアダ名の元ネタが ソドム、ゴモラ、 ...
http://twitter.com/shiori_izawa/status/277420935366205441

Sodoko, Gomoyo and Pazobi in place of Sodom, Gomorrah and Paolo Pasolini respectively... no wonder Sodoko doesn't likes being called by that name!

Is it time to bring 'Idoru Team Official Roster' again? Courtesy of Unknown Soldier:

NeoGAF - View Single Post - The iDOLM@STER TV |OT| Otaku tested, Kentaro Miura Approved
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29180106&postcount=81

Forever in the Takane camp. Representin' 4 lyfe.

BluWacky

Apologies if I've missed this elsewhere in the thread, but I'm positive someone will be excited about this...

Train Hero lives! Except it's called Train Heroes, and it's... not exactly what I thought it was. For some reason I thought it was like Tetsuko no Tabi...

You didn't see Spice and wolf? I have trouble believing such a thing.

I need to watch Spice and Wolf :( I remember watching the first episode and not being impressed, but that was back in my "I ONLY WATCH NARUTO, BLEACH AND ONE PIECE. WHERE THE HELL IS THE ACTION?!" phase. I'll probably like it if I give it a shot nowadays.

cajunator

Banned
I need to watch Spice and Wolfe :( I remember watching the first episode and not being impressed, but that was back in my "I ONLY WATCH NARUTO, BLEACH AND ONE PIECE. WHERE THE HELL IS THE ACTION?!" phase. I'll probably like it if I have it a show nowadays.

A terrible phase to be in for certain, but an understandable one. I'm glad you have reached for a higher power. It will reward you. there will also be hardships along the way, however. Be wary of those who may try to lead you astray with a smile and a wink.

Syrinx

Utena might be the first show I triple dip on, if a bluray box comes out in the US (it will).

STOP SAYING STUFF LIKE THIS! Somebody already told me it probably won't and even if it does it'll be a while and now you're saying it will and now I don't know if I should buy and watch now or wait.

Ultimadrago

I was not supposed to be on the wall of shame. I tried so hard.

Like Jesus, you came down to the places others wouldn't to spread your wisdom!

Apologies if I've missed this elsewhere in the thread, but I'm positive someone will be excited about this...

Train Hero lives! Except it's called Train Heroes, and it's... not exactly what I thought it was. For some reason I thought it was like Tetsuko no Tabi...

Congrats on squeezing into The Wall!

cajunator

Banned
STOP SAYING STUFF LIKE THIS! Somebody already told me it probably won't and even if it does it'll be a while and now you're saying it will and now I don't know if I should buy and watch now or wait.

I have faith that the companies will cave sooner or later. not saying a release is imminent or anything. Things change quickly in this industry and unexpected things do occur.

I've not seen it. Is it available on BluRay?

It is, as is season 2. Both of them are worth picking up!
Holo is as wise as she is cute.

A terrible phase to be in for certain, but an understandable one. I'm glad you have reached for a higher power. It will reward you. there will also be hardships along the way, however. Be wary of those who may try to lead you astray with a smile and a wink.

You could have quoted me after I fixed up my incoherent post first! But yeah, it was actually Toradora that got me out that phase. I have been rewarded already with anime like Mushishi and Usagi Drop, but I'm glad I still have so many more classics to sift through as well. I will try my best to follow the path of pureness. Unlike kayos.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But that list is so out of date. I mean for one I'm not on it so it's automatically void. I secondly that was from a time when people didn't realise how bad Miki would be.

DMX The Tank, now that is special.
Now even more anime.

Well that's certainly not what I expected it to be.

cajunator

Banned
You could have quoted me after I fixed up my incoherent post first! But yeah, it was actually Toradora that got me out that phase. I have been rewarded already with anime like Mushishi and Usagi Drop, but I'm glad I still have so many more classics to sift through as well. I will try my best to follow the path of pureness. Unlike kayos.

Fine choices to be sure.
What else is on your itinerary?

Syrinx

I have faith that the companies will cave sooner or later. not saying a release is imminent or anything. Things change quickly in this industry and unexpected things do occur.

If I buy all the DVDs and then they announce a blu-ray localization soon after, I'm blaming you and your "faith".

cajunator

Banned
If I buy all the DVDs and then they announce a blu-ray localization soon after, I'm blaming you and your "faith".

Why are you blamig me? I have been burned by this same sort of thing with Sora no Otoshimono and Panty and Stocking already. I dont trust "DVD only" anymore. Its making me much more hesitant to buy DVDs. Im kind of pissed off actually.

ZetaEpyon

Why are you blamig me? I have been burned by this same sort of thing with Sora no Otoshimono and Panty and Stocking already. I dont trust "DVD only" anymore. Its making me much more hesitant to buy DVDs. Im kind of pissed off actually.

How are you feeling about the Oreimo BD box set? :(

Syrinx

It isn't that it's your fault. I just want to get mad at somebody. Granted I should probably get mad at the guys not releasing the blu-ray now, but that's too simple. Irrational anger is best anger!

/XX/

If I remember correctly it all began because Reichu and I don't know who else couldn't agree on what was the
physical sex
of an Evangelion. Reichu took it upon herself to carefully sculpt what she thought a
naked
Eva really looked like, but without the
genitals --unless you count the slot that the core goes into
because she's not that perverted.

And then she started writing and drawing weird fanfiction/fanart originated from the scene in End of Evangelion where
the harpies look far too exhilarated to be touching EVA 02's naughty bits
. Fun times.
All that backstory needed (or not) to be known:

TRS Gallery -- EVA!
http://www.avians.net/~rkc/fan/gallery-eva.html

Sad that some of the more interesting ANF threads outside the EvaGeeks.org improvised archive (http://forum.evageeks.org/forum/archive/) seem to be lost, for now...

I can't find your name on a list!
Of course not!
I couldn't decide at that time...

But that list is so out of date. I mean for one I'm not on it so it's automatically void. I secondly that was from a time when people didn't realise how bad Miki would be.
Sweet memorabilia, that's true... you know what needs to be done then. Time to update it, man!

jbug617

Banned
Conflicted. VERY fucking conflicted.
The only issue I really have is what to do with old DVD versions.

When they did the re-release I was very happy because the prices for the LE were crazy but in a way I wish they didn't do it because I would rather have the blurays. However now that I have the DVD, I don't think I would get the blurays.

cajunator

Banned
It isn't that it's your fault. I just want to get mad at somebody. Granted I should probably get mad at the guys not releasing the blu-ray now, but that's too simple. Irrational anger is best anger!

I know that feel, bro.
The DVD sets are nice, in some cases REALLY nice, but I want the durability of a bluray. Lately several bluray boxes have been announced when it was previously advertised as DVD only. I do not trust t at all when a company says they have no plans for bluray. They can get fucked. I fully expect a bluray of Mayo Chiki down the line, now that I finally got the DVDs. This kind of misleading shit needs to stop.

ZetaEpyon

When they did the re-release I was very happy because the prices for the LE were crazy but in a way I wish they didn't do it because I would rather have the blurays. However now that I have the DVD, I don't think I would get the blurays.

I didn't get around to buying either DVD set, but I'm at a loss now, too. I'd like to have the series, but the BDs are ungodly expensive. But if I buy the DVDs, I'll always regret not having Blurays instead!

Thinking about it now, I suspect I was only (sort of) OK with Fate/Zero because there is no other version available...

Argh

cajunator

Banned
I didn't get around to buying either DVD set, but I'm at a loss now, too. I'd like to have the series, but the BDs are ungodly expensive. But if I buy the DVDs, I'll always regret not having Blurays instead!

Thinking about it now, I suspect I was only (sort of) OK with Fate/Zero because there is no other version available...

Argh

Yeah I know. the problem is that if you hold off on the DVDs, you risk a situation like Oreimo where its suddenly sold out everywhere and people are scalping it for ludicrous money. If you wait for blurays they may never come out, plus youl ose the opportunity to obtain the DVDs too. Its a lose-lose situation filled with uncertainty, and I fucking hate it.

Syrinx

I know that feel, bro.
The DVD sets are nice, in some cases REALLY nice, but I want the durability of a bluray. Lately several bluray boxes have been announced when it was previously advertised as DVD only. I do not trust t at all when a company says they have no plans for bluray. They can get fucked. I fully expect a bluray of Mayo Chiki down the line, now that I finally got the DVDs. This kind of misleading shit needs to stop.

Apparently the company with the Utena rights has had this sort of reluctance and weariness about blu-ray for a while now, with it's other licenses too, if the GAFfer who told me not to hold my breath is to be believed.

But yeah, companies really need to stop the whole "string them along" strategy. It serves nobody and only leads to frustration and ill-will among fans.

cajunator

Banned
Apparently the company with the Utena rights has had this sort of reluctance and weariness about blu-ray for a while now, with it's other licenses too, if the GAFfer who told me not to hold my breath is to be believed.

But yeah, companies really need to stop the whole "string them along" strategy. It serves nobody and only leads to frustration and ill-will among fans.

You are correct. Thus far Rightstuf's own properties, sold under NOZOMI, have been DVD only, which has prevented us from getting The Third, Sora no Woto, Aria, and Utena in bluray. While they do release some excellent quality sets overall, Nozomi is strangely reluctant to go the bluray route. Seeing as they license a lot of shows I wouldl ove to see in HiDef, its maddening.

ZetaEpyon

You are correct. Thus far Rightstuf's own properties, sold under NOZOMI, have been DVD only, which has prevented us from getting The Third, Sora no Woto, Aria, and Utena in bluray. While they do release some excellent quality sets overall, Nozomi is strangely reluctant to go the bluray route. Seeing as they license a lot of shows I wouldl ove to see in HiDef, its maddening.

I'm not sure that RightStuf has the capital to really do BD releases. Shawne Kleckner has been on several ANNCasts and I've always got the impression that he'd personally like to do BD releases, but if the numbers don't add up, they don't add up.

Syrinx

I'm fine for the most part with DVDs if I have to. I'm watching Bebop and watched Spirited Away on DVD and they look great. I'd just prefer a definite answer. I understand they don't want to say "never", but as someone interested in Utena, it's pretty frustrating trying to evaluate what I should do.

I'd also like a complete collection instead of 3 volumes, but the Steins;Gate blu-rays have volumes too, so thinking blu-rays could solve that issue may be presumptuous.

cajunator

Banned
Still have to get back to Madoka, then I'll watch Steins;gate, Nana, TTGL, and Planetes. I'll probably leave Nana for last though since it's a lot longer than the others.

You are off to a very fine start then. Enjoy!

I'm not sure that RightStuf has the capital to really do BD releases. Shawne Kleckner has been on several ANNCasts and I've always got the impression that he'd personally like to do BD releases, but if the numbers don't add up, they don't add up.

Rightstuf seems as though it is a more stable business than other licensors by way of having an actual store that sells good licensed by many other companies. I dont see how it would be more difficult for them to do than for example Sentai, which can only rely on income from its own licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom