• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm warnings issued for Philadelphia, NYC, Boston Wed night through Thurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrocoDuck

Sooo apparently my college is closed tomorrow (City College), I already have 2 absences on my class I have tomorrow :( I hope the college closing tomorrow won't affect anything regarding my attendance.

Regardless, I'm hoping this storm lives up to the hype.

We aren't talking about GAF members cocks

12+ is for us GAF Goldmembers. I don't mingle with plebs.

Ok what's your number?

gimme 18 at least.

Who knew you were a size queen.

*giggle*

yeh thats what I've been telling everyone.

just cause we're hit with global warming and dont get snow as often, it doesnt mean that 6-12 is a lot of snow.

last year was I would consider a dangerous, catastrophic snowstorm. 30+ inches.
this on the other hand is quite normal and frankly when I was a kid went to school under worse.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sooo apparently my college is closed tomorrow (City College), I already have 2 absences on my class I have tomorrow :( I hope the college closing tomorrow won't affect anything regarding my attendance.

It doesn't. Why would it?

Penguin

Not to be a negative Nancy but when is this party supposed to start

Papa wanted to know if he had the day off before bed!

Can I get one authentic snow day for once? Last time I got a university snow day, it was supposed to be the snowstorm of the century and there was barely a couple inches. Please actually snow tomorrow.

Pastry

Banned

If it's closed you wouldn't have class and thus no attendance. But you should probably be going to class man

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
It's 67 degrees here in Southern NJ.

I don't think temps are going to crash fast enough for this storm.

The pavement will take longer to freeze than the grass will. Will probably just be a lawn-storm.

You and everyone say this, but you'll get slammed and your county infrastructure won't be able to deal with the Snow cause they had the same idea.

Matty77

I hope it's not as bad as they are predicting. Today MA was a sheet of ice and I slipped and fell down a flight of stairs, landing on my bad leg.

Sore as fuck and if it's snows I have to shovel all the walks and porches so not looking forward to it being bad.

gaugebozo

My last work trip was to Atlanta during the ice storm. Right now I'm on a work trip to Hoboken.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Also,having lived in Rochester, NY, are you really going to shut everything down over 6 fucking inches?

Linkura

I hope it's not as bad as they are predicting. Today MA was a sheet of ice and I slipped and fell down a flight of stairs, landing on my bad leg.

Sore as fuck and if it's snows I have to shovel all the walks and porches so not looking forward to it being bad.

Sorry to hear man. :( I heard there was a 55-car pileup on 93 a little north of Boston today (pretty close to where I live). Thankfully no one was severely injured there, but someone else died when they got hit by a car elsewhere.

My husband and I are both working from home tomorrow.

My last work trip was to Atlanta during the ice storm. Right now I'm on a work trip to Hoboken.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Also,having lived in Rochester, NY, are you really going to shut everything down over 6 fucking inches?

I think it's less the total amount and more how quickly it's going to accumulate. We got about 4 inches in 2 hours.

Matty77

Sorry to hear man. :( I heard there was a 55-car pileup on 93 a little north of Boston today (pretty close to where I live). Thankfully no one was severely injured there, but someone else died when they got hit by a car elsewhere.

My husband and I are both working from home tomorrow.
Yeah I saw that in the news, also about the person dying.

Worst part was by this afternoon everything was melted. I used the chance to get ready, other than shoveling I am doing nothing but catch up on my shows on CW and Hulu tommorow.

Linkura

Yeah I saw that in the news, also about the person dying.

Worst part was by this afternoon everything was melted. I used the chance to get ready, other than shoveling I am doing nothing but catch up on my shows on CW and Hulu tommorow.

Yeah I had the day off, but had to go to the dentist in the morning. Fucking car was a sheet of ice and I had to chisel it out before going. Almost slipped on ice a few times. When I left the dentist, everything was melted.

I have arthritis so my husband does all the shoveling (I used to before I had arthritis). Going to be not so fun for him. :(

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
First time I've been to New York for a convention I'm helping put together for the outer boroughs (appropriately called BoroughCon) and I was supposed to leave tomorrow morning, but that doesn't look like it's happening anymore. I'm excited though because it'll be the first time I've seen snow since I was a youngin'.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda wanna call out from work due to the weather. But I take the train to work meh

Uhh....

Trains are generally heavily impacted by storms, and often get delayed or shut down.

What kind of crazy college do you go to where they mark you absent for a class that is cancelled

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I see nothing. Was hoping it would start now and get super messy during rush hours so nobody can go anywhere.

I woke up at 5:30am est and it's been pouring rain here up until like 15 minutes ago. It's slowly changing to sleet/snow. We were originally supposed to get 5-8 Inches, but I don't see that happening at all anymore.

Coming down a plenty here in the West Village (NYC) but its the soft wet stuff which is easy enough to sweep off. Won't go nuts with the salt now since it may get a lot stronger soon. The real danger may be tonight for the areas that didn't get cleared since its going to be very cold tonight (ice!). Be careful folks. Hopefully this is the last big storm for the season.

skybald

Eastern PA here. Coming down at a good clip still. My Elantra barely made it up some small grades.

Apparently work didn't really start until 0930 (as opposed to 0700) but everyone who didn't otherwise call off is already here. Plus, it will probably be worse at 0930, it seems.

What a crappy place to work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom