• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm warnings issued for Philadelphia, NYC, Boston Wed night through Thurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppo

Meanwhile its going to be 40 degrees here in Sydney on Saturday.

was always slightly jealous of Australian weather until i went there and realized the sunscreen situation is omnipresent.

honestly i think i'd rather throw on a coat and gloves for half the year, than slather myself in that goop all year. beautiful country though.

Meia

It always seems that even though I only work three over nights a week, a snowstorm will always fall on one.

Had nothing until like 3am, when a delivery guy said it was starting. Was very light, but since I live on a mountain, knew enough to punch out of work early and get the hell home. Didn't really kick in fully until 440 am, and it's been steady ever since(up to 4 inches so far).

Dunno, snow doesn't mean too much to me unless we lose power for over a week. Not sure this is going to be that type of storm though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It is currently snowing like a bastard in Westchester, NY. I am not at work.

woodland

Storm is so lame down here in SJ, got like 1-2 inches and it's barely flurrying with completely gray skies. Lucky enough to work at a small business with a delayed opening though.

Brinbe

View of my parent's backyard this morning in Allentown.
fXVKi2l.jpg

Think they got like 4-5 inches?

Meanwhile nothing in Toronto lol. I'd take snow over this bullshit freezing rain.

Mega

Banned
Gotta love that NYC work ethic :/

I'm working from home. Same shit basically lol.

Same. Stupid office is still open and telling everyone to come in anyway (translation: even if it takes you twice as long).

And that they'll reassess the situation and maybe release people early (translation: you can go home when travel home has already gone to absolute shit).

These same fucks made us come in after Sandy despite the fact it was nearly impossible and took hours. Yeah, no. I'm working from home because they have shown they don't have our best interests at heart. The jerkoffs who make these decisions also tend to live really close to the office.

gdt

View of my parent's backyard this morning in Allentown.
fXVKi2l.jpg

Think they got like 4-5 inches?

Meanwhile nothing in Toronto lol. I'd take snow over this bullshit freezing rain.

Yo what's up fam. My Allentown back yard looks like that too

Harpuia

Any potential chance that the mta will shut down within the next hour? This more or less determines whether or not I try to come in to work.

It seems to be fine right now...minus some major delays in some lines..

Duxxy3

All of Massachusetts was pretty much closed. Should get well over a foot in my area after all is said and done. And they're predicting more in the next week.

Get in to work. "You can leave whenever you feel". WTF why make me drive in then?
Oh well I'll be home soon watching Super Bowl 51 in it's entirety forwards, backwards, slow mo, Sound FX, commentary... and some FFXV.

X-Frame

I received a text, an email, and a phone call this morning from my companies emergency alert system to tell me that my office is Open today. NYC.

Thanks a lot.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I received a text, an email, and a phone call this morning from my companies emergency alert system to tell me that my office is Open today. NYC.

Thanks a lot.

Lol

Yeah, also NYC here and also have work today, but truth be told it doesn't look THAT bad out there. Trains seem to at least be running well.

Getting 12-14" supposedly in Massachusetts. Going to work from home tomorrow.
The commute this morning was a nightmare because of ice, dunno if anybody got caught in that 50 car pileup on 128 this morning.

Avoid 128 like the plague.

And I'm WFH too. Will be fun running meetings with the pitter-patter of feet over my head, but such is life in February, in Massachusetts.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
my boss IM'd me thanking me for my dedication in coming in

literally no one else is here

gonna rip huge farts today

Mahonay

Banned
Snow is already super deep outside and the wind is crazy here in Brooklyn. Both my girlfriend and I have a snow day from work.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It snowed like an inch in Delaware and it's already gone. I liked it better when it was 60 outside though... literally yesterday.

Otnopolit

Hi from Chelmsford, MA!

And it's starting to cover the panels too.

Thankfully I have AWD and snow tires so I can still go out wherever I need to but it'll be nice to actually use the snowblower this season.

Grew up in Chelmsford. :) Jack shit so far in East Boston. No issues here, just surprised considering it was forecasted the past couple of days to fall in the early morning.

Sigh I was hoping for a snow day here in PA, no luck it seems, suns shining and the snow stopped. Guess I'll save the mimosa's for another day.

bigkrev

It's coming down hard in SJ (10 miles from Philly), but it's not sticking at all. I don't even need to shovel the sidewalks lol

OchreHand

I'm so envious of people that can work from home. Office is in midtown and they email us with "Proceed with caution when coming into work" well, thanks.

Having said that there were a decent amount of people.on the subways

Quixzlizx

My office didn't have a delayed opening, and I'm out in Suffolk. Still called in :lol

Oh, and my office doesn't let me telecommute even though I can basically do 98% of my job remotely.

meow

Also working from home today in Manhattan, not busy enough at work to justify going in...tbh it doesn't look too bad out, I might venture out for food later.

Though my friend in Jersey City who did go in said it was miserable, the wind was apparently quite strong and blowing the snow everywhere.

Oxn

Seems like so many people have the option to wfh, myself included.
'Why don't they allow you to wfh more often even without a storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom