• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

It looks super good, holy shit. I'm actually surprised at how much better it looks than HD. It's a lot of little things that end up making the whole thing look so much better

Koopatrol

Bye, Zico :)

r1UL6V1.png

f@luS

More than a member.
Played few races

Oh my god. This is why I love checkerboard. I see no difference between this and native 4k for sharpness and I'm 2 meters away from a 65" oled. It's sharp. Smooth. Too good looking.

I tried motion blur on / off both of them are amazingly clean so I'll let it on I don't see Much differences (see the pics first one is motion blur on 2nd is off. Max zoom from my iPhone )

I'm so bloody torn. I can get the physical edition for $39 which is an awesome price but I don't get the dynamic theme. I really don't like when they do that especially when the digital edition is more expensive at $47.95. Seems to be a bit of a trend lately where you can only get dynamic themes by pre-ordering digitally which are always more expensive here in Australia.

Music is awesome so far, looks gorgeous, still handles beautifully. As advertised, it's just a newer and better version of the previous games - and that's all I needed.

Shaneus

Can anyone comment on what the handling is most like? I've been getting back into Wip3out SE and I'm probably the most comfortable with that right now.

And do we know if there's an option for 3D TVs? I'd assume not, but can't hurt to ask.

Can anyone comment on what the handling is most like? I've been getting back into Wip3out SE and I'm probably the most comfortable with that right now.

And do we know if there's an option for 3D TVs? I'd assume not, but can't hurt to ask.

My 3D tv did not detect an option but damn if this games isn't asking for it or a VR mode

I'm so bloody torn. I can get the physical edition for $39 which is an awesome price but I don't get the dynamic theme. I really don't like when they do that especially when the digital edition is more expensive at $47.95. Seems to be a bit of a trend lately where you can only get dynamic themes by pre-ordering digitally which are always more expensive here in Australia.

I feel ya man. I'd just go physical if I were you and not crazy like me. There's a lot of real good themes these days, wouldn't pay $8 for one.

Shaneus

I feel ya man. I'd just go physical if I were you and not crazy like me. There's a lot of real good themes these days, wouldn't pay $8 for one.
Problem I'd have in that situation is, would I also pay $8 for the convenience of not needing a disc in the drive?

But I'm pretty happy with how the static themes appear to look. The Wipeout aesthetic kind of works for that type of theme, so the only factor would be the always-available aspect.

Problem I'd have in that situation is, would I also pay $8 for the convenience of not needing a disc in the drive?

But I'm pretty happy with how the static themes appear to look. The Wipeout aesthetic kind of works for that type of theme, so the only factor would be the always-available aspect.

I'm lucky that I'm crazy enough to get both digital and physical to avoid this problem lol.

Are there any benefits for 1080p TV PS4 Pro owners?

Downsampling an already really good looking image. (Can we please at this to OT?).

Also holy shit, listening to 'Black Jack - Plump DJs' for the first time in like a decade is almost bringing a tear to my eye :') that 'WipEout Antigrav Anthems' playlist is a must-listen

BeeDog

Will take a while until I get my copy, but wanted to ask; how does the Spotify integration work? I assume it's not as seamless as the built-in music, i.e. the sound muffles in Zone mode or when your ship falls, right?

Shaneus

Downsampling an already really good looking image. (Can we please at this to OT?).

Also holy shit, listening to 'Black Jack - Plump DJs' for the first time in like a decade is almost bringing a tear to my eye :') that 'WipEout Antigrav Anthems' playlist is a must-listen
Hah, I have a Plump DJs song in my playlist! Not that one though :)

Melchiah

Great OT, but "Kiss my Assegai" would have been a better title. ;)

I only wish it would mention supersampling in the Pro section.
The visuals in WipEout Omega Collection are even better on a PS4 Pro, thanks to a variety of improvements:
High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology for more vibrant colours
Dynamic 4K resolution
Faster and smoother frame rates at 60fps

T-minus 14 hours for the game to unlock. It's going to be a long day.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

I played the absolute SHIT out of Wipeout 2048. Very tempted to buy this collection to jump back in.

Never played HD or Fury so that would be a nice bonus!

I would love a patch to be able to turn off HUD. Pretty please devs! They might be more responsive on Twitter.

If you're going to tweet them, do it to @sonyxdeveurope and @clever_beans. EPOS Game Studios don't seem to have a Twitter account.

Anyway, I bought my digital copy last night, but it doesn't launch in the UK until tomorrow so now it's some patient clock-watching.

Would anyone take a Wipeout Alpha collection With Wipeout, 2097 and Wip3out SE?

That would be my dream at this point!

They can take the new Crash Bandicoot collection and burn it on a fire, if I get this. I would literally die of excitement if this is announced!!

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Played few races

Oh my god. This is why I love checkerboard. I see no difference between this and native 4k for sharpness and I'm 2 meters away from a 65" oled. It's sharp. Smooth. Too good looking.

I tried motion blur on / off both of them are amazingly clean so I'll let it on I don't see Much differences (see the pics first one is motion blur on 2nd is off. Max zoom from my iPhone )

You rocking an LG OLED? How's the HDR implementation in this game?

Forgot I had ordered this until I got an email saying it was being delivered today. Opted for the 'PS1 slipcover' over the steelbook though.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If I buy this it's only to get my name up on Shaneus' leaderboards. :D I was pretty much done with HD/Fury and didn't really like 2048 that much so hadn't even thought about this.

Now what I would give for a Wipeout 2097 and Wip3out remaster...

Hostile_18

Banned
Are the games completely separate or can I say select a track from the entire list when playing multiplayer all in one place/menu etc?

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I didn't know about the alternate unlockable HUDs... had a little nostalgia explosion when the WipEout XL HUD unlocked. Beautiful!

Bishop89

I got a HUGE problem guys.

Digital or physical :'(

Physical I can get for $10AU cheaper BUT, the convenience of having it always ready will be gone! :(

SxP

Was Wipeout HD a completely new game from scratch or was it a complete HD remake of the PSP games? I forgot

Neither. It was a partial remake of the PSP games, taking just some of all the possible tracks from the PSP games and creating a new campaign with those tracks.

Top Bottom