• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

Goddammit.

I can't triple dip. This is just a conspiracy by Sony to make sure it sells enough for a full blown PS4 native version.

Shu be all 'Yeah, all those old raver WipEout fans, we're gonna milk those mofos. MILK THEM UNTIL THEY'RE HUSKS.'

They can milk me dry if it means we get a proper sequel.

They can milk me dry if it means we get a proper sequel.

Why though? You can bet it won't be made by any of the original folks. Even in the HD and Fury instalments - decent though they were - WipEout had long since lost its soul and cutting edge feel.

I'm a massive WipEout fan, but I am well past shelling out yet again for games I already own.

Why are NA bros complain'?

I mean....NA bros used to like the Wipeout series but the Wipeout series truly prosper in Europe....the Wipeout XL/2097 days in UK is kinda crazy...LMAO.

Alkuk

Neo Member
I'm missing detailed information on this collection?

From what I read:

It's remastered HD, Fury and 2048 and on top a menu where I can choose wich game to play? So 3 seperate games, and seperate campaigns, also multiplayer?
Some beta-players here who can say a word to gameplay mechanic and the difference from game to game?

Since the track list has more than the tracks of the games combined, what is new?

I hope they added some new trophies and not the same "beat zico"-stuff again ;-)

Any other addtions?

Can't wait ...

Fasty

My order has been updated to include the "classic sleeve".

It's wonderful.
WEOCPS4.jpg

That is just cruel, considering we're never going to get remasters of the games that design is taken from :(

I can pre-order from the PSN store for the Dynamic theme, but these static ones are bundled with the game (which I don't need a second copy of, despite my interest) in the UK(?). If anything, I'd only be willing to pay for the steelbook, at most.

Then you're in luck my friend.

I'm missing detailed information on this collection?

From what I read:

It's remastered HD, Fury and 2048 and on top a menu where I can choose which game to play? So 3 seperate games, and seperate campaigns, also multiplayer?
Some beta-players here who can say a word to gameplay mechanic and the difference from game to game?

Since the track list has more than the tracks of the games combined, what is new?

I hope they added some new trophies and not the same "beat zico"-stuff again ;-)

Any other addtions?

Can't wait ...

I haven't participated in the beta, but one thing that's seemingly been confirmed is that air-break sensitivity can be adjusted in just in HD/FURY, but also 2048 now. Otherwise, everything seems pretty faithful. Regarding tracks, are you sure you're also counting the
'reverse' tracks? Afaik, trophies are largely taken from the original lists.

Can someone give me a rundown on where I can get the steelbook/box sleeve options? Seems there's multiple preorder exclusives or something, and some things aren't available in the US?

AllEchse

So with HD and Fury having 12 ships each (so 24, with 2 per team) and 2048 having 20 (5 teams with 4 ships each), that means the original games had 44 ships in total.

As the product pages says 46 ships, does that mean VanUber and Tigron will be the only new Teams and they won't get fury variants?

It's still awesome that they add new stuff.

Lettuce

Yet it's still released later in Europe. :/

You talking about this game or the originals?, Wipeout 1 came out in the UK a good 2 -3 months before the US

Uhh maybe because there are still some of us that really like the Wipeout series and arent happy that we are getting shafted from the EU goodies?

The sleeve wouldn't work for a US release anyways, as the US PSX cases were just generic cd cases where as the UK cases were a original design and form factor made just for the PAL PSX market and quite iconic

Enforcer

So let me make sure I'm understanding all this correctly.

EU has:
  • Steelbook
  • Cardboard(?) sleeve for standard edition
  • Digital art book with PSN preorder

and NA has:
  • [cricket sounds]

Is that about right? I've already preordered both the NA digital PSN release and the EU steelbook, so I should have all the themes covered, but it seems I won't be getting the artbook or the sleeve. Does that sum it up? I really can't justify ordering a third copy of this game just for the sleeve, but... I mean... come on Sony, have a heart. :(

The sleeve wouldn't work for a US release anyways, as the US PSX cases were just generic cd cases where as the UK cases were a original design and form factor made just for the PAL PSX market and quite iconic

The original PSX cases in the US looked like this...

DSCF0183.jpg

Melchiah

You talking about this game or the originals?, Wipeout 1 came out in the UK a good 2 -3 months before the US

This one. I didn't know that about the first one, as I bought it after 2097. Given the history, it's even more perplexing that the Omega Collection will be released a day later in Europe. It's an annoying trend, especially with a franchise that's so deeply routed in Europe.

This one. I didn't know that about the first one, as I bought it after 2097. Given the history, it's even more perplexing that the Omega Collection will be released a day later in Europe. It's an annoying trend, especially with a franchise that's so deeply routed in Europe.

I know it's more just the principle, but a single day really isn't that big of a deal.

Melchiah

I know it's more just the principle, but a single day really isn't that big of a deal.

Yeah, it's more about a principle. What makes it more annoying is that during the past years most games were released simultaneously on both regions, but now things have seemingly reverted back to how they were, with games like Horizon and Mass Effect being released later in Europe. I actually passed on buying Dying Light at full price, because it was released over a month later here.

The later releases also apply to DLCs on PSN store. To my recollection, the EU store used to be updated on tuesdays on the PS3, so we actually got them a day earlier than now. It would be enough, if at least the games made in Europe would be released earlier here than in the US, instead of most games being released there earlier.

PaulLFC

ShopTo have confirmed that the classic sleeve will be added to Steelbook edition preorders.

I just switched my preorder to them as they seem to be the only confirmed retailer at the moment to include all physical bonuses (steelbook, classic sleeve, 4x themes).

Amazon is cheaper for the steelbook but I can't find any mention of whether they include the classic sleeve and themes.

Edit: Just noticed the steelbook edition is showing sold out on ShopTo - must only be recent as I was able to order a few hours ago. Hopefully they get some more stock in.

God damn I hope that's universal. EB Games AU had better not let me down.

Oh shit, if that's the case then I need to cancel my ozgameshop order! Will give them a call. EDIT: Don't need to do that immediately, forgot that my order there won't ship until June 😊

Shaneus

Oh shit, if that's the case then I need to cancel my ozgameshop order! Will love them a call.
Give? ;P

I've tweeted at them, once last night and once this morning once ShopTo announced they'll be throwing in the sleeve, still waiting for a reply. They were pretty quick getting back to me when I asked if they were getting a steelbook (a few weeks ago) so we'll see what happens now.

Give? ;P

I've tweeted at them, once last night and once this morning once ShopTo announced they'll be throwing in the sleeve, still waiting for a reply. They were pretty quick getting back to me when I asked if they were getting a steelbook (a few weeks ago) so we'll see what happens now.

Neato, keep me up to date!

Got an email from Amazon.co.uk telling me that I'd just ordered the steelbook, not the game + steelbook, and did I mean to do this because if not I should place a new order, but if that's what I want then okay.

Which is good news, I think? It means I actually CAN just buy a steelbook, and it's not just an Amazon glitch that they'll fix! Though now that ShopTo is sending out the classic sleeve as well as a steelbook, suddenly I might be okay with getting the game as well. Decisions...

Theonik

Amazon sent me that email too. I bought the bundle and re-checked my order and it seems they added both items separately for the same cost. Not going to bother cancelling. I hope we get the sleeve though.

C_p_7kzXYAAh28u.jpg

Although as much as I love it, you could have made an image with 1995 and 2008 with a PS1 and a PS3 and it would have been largely the same thing :p

Cant wait, but it would be cool if we had new tracks as DLC perhaps using cancelled Wipeout PS4 unused assets.

I don't think we have any idea if that project was far enough along to have much in the way of assets developed. I'd love to see any though :D

C_p_7kzXYAAh28u.jpg

Although as much as I love it, you could have made an image with 1995 and 2008 with a PS1 and a PS3 and it would have been largely the same thing :p

Haha true, especially with the fact that's the PS3-era 'PlayStation 3D TV' if I'm not mistaken. Odd if true, afaik Omega Collection doesn't support 3D.

Deimo5

I noticed there is still an XP counter on the HUD during the 2048 track not on the HD/Fury tracks (loyalty was similar enough to experience but anyway). On the other hand it seemed to stay at 0 the whole time so I'm not sure how intact the separate systems are.

C_p_7kzXYAAh28u.jpg

Honestly, even if all they had done was remaster 2097/XL, I'd be way more excited for it than with what we're getting. If that's an official Sony photo, they're really rubbing salt in the wound that XL is not part of the so-called Omega Collection. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely getting it, but I can't help but feel a bit bitter about the lack of the title which made Wipeout what it is.

Deimo5

Honestly, even if all they had done was remaster 2097/XL, I'd be way more excited for it than with what we're getting. If that's an official Sony photo, they're really rubbing salt in the wound that XL is not part of the so-called Omega Collection. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely getting it, but I can't help but feel a bit bitter about the lack of the title which made Wipeout what it is.

These people made it - https://www.instagram.com/p/BSl5MxUDkv5/?taken-by=thegamiingkult

I'm sure there was no salt in the wound rubbing intended by contrasting the first game in the series with the most recent one either way. Who wouldn't want to play Silverstream again in HD...On second thought, screw that track.

Top Bottom