• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

I love that they still keep up the backstory of the AG racing league. The Tigron KSV-R media kit has a little synopsis for the ship itself that kind of explains how they can put Tigron into the game given its history.

Absolutely; I think the backstory and general lore are really important to the series because it fleshes out the world and adds context to all the otherwise minute details that could easily be overlooked. For example, the intro to WipEout Pulse canonically depicts a supercomputer '...a super computer starting up and surveying a wipEout race'.

I mean, even the expansive Pure concept art gallery left child-me's head spinning with imagining how awesome this futuristic society was :D

My order has been updated to include the "classic sleeve".

It's wonderful.
WEOCPS4.jpg

Nerdkiller

Membeur
It's just cardboard though, right? I got all excited for a second before realising that it might not be what I think it would be.

BigEmil

What are Base like for getting the game to you on day of release??, i want cancel my Simply Games order for this to get the classic sleeve
For me most of my preorders from Base arrived on release day and if im lucky a day before but pretty rare don't think i got one late yet, im from UK if that matters

Shin-Ra

I wouldn't be surprised if the sleeve came as standard on non-steelbook copies and some retailers are just slower updating.

Hope that PS1 cover releases in the U.K.

For those interested in the other steelbook but are not GAME UK shoppers, Amazon UK now has the steelbook too.

The image links to ozgameshop.com

Thanks. Oh man, I hope I don't want to have to fucking triple dip to ensure I get everything; this is absurd. Theoretically I'd need:

1. Digital for disc-less convenience + dynamic theme + Van Über ship + digital art book
  2. Pre-order at either JB-HIFI or EB for the steelbook + 4 static themes
  3. And now places like ozgameshop are offering a unique slipcover?
I just cannot win here! Sigh...

oggob

Thanks. Oh man, I hope I don't want to have to fucking triple dip to ensure I get everything; this is absurd. Theoretically I'd need:

1. Digital for disc-less convenience + dynamic theme + Van Über ship + digital art book
  2. Pre-order at either JB-HIFI or EB for the steelbook + 4 static themes
  3. And now places like ozgameshop are offering a unique slipcover?
I just cannot win here! Sigh...

Yeah, whilst I am not overly concerned with digital purchase at this point, that new Classic Sleeve is glorious...

I might be able to get lucky, friend should be getting the Steelbook and doesn't care for the extras, will look to source that from him and perhaps I will import a Classic Sleeve... shit...

That old-school slip sleeve better be on every fucking pre-order. I hate it when they spread stuff like this out to retailers. Let everyone that wants to pay for this extra stuff get it!

AllEchse

Hope Amazon UK gets the slip cover too.
Would be nice to have the steelbook together with it.

Else I'll have to change my order to just the steelbook on Amazon UK and buy the game itself at base for the slip cover and the themes.

Hope the Van Uber Ship will also be standalone or I'll have to get the digital version later down the line too.

kyser73

Fuck the steelbook, I want this.

Appears that EB in Australia won't be doing it, but there's another website (that I think is affiliated with Base) which is. Motherfuckers.
wipeout_omega_collection_with_exclusive_classic_sleeve_raw.jpg

My order has been updated to include the "classic sleeve".

It's wonderful.
WEOCPS4.jpg

Goddammit.

I can't triple dip. This is just a conspiracy by Sony to make sure it sells enough for a full blown PS4 native version.

Shu be all 'Yeah, all those old raver WipEout fans, we're gonna milk those mofos. MILK THEM UNTIL THEY'RE HUSKS.'

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Good lord that PS1 sleeve. I was going to get it digitally but I really, really want that.

Edit: Yep, bought from Base. Couldn't resist. £5 cheaper too.

Theonik

I hope Amazon adds the sleeve and it's more like the last guardian. With the bonus steelbook and that it should be a really nice release.

dracula_x

Goddammit.

I can't triple dip. This is just a conspiracy by Sony to make sure it sells enough for a full blown PS4 native version.

Shu be all 'Yeah, all those old raver WipEout fans, we're gonna milk those mofos. MILK THEM UNTIL THEY'RE HUSKS.'

Well, it's a niche game, so I understand why they did this. It's better like this than no WipEout games at all.

They've certainly made things a bit confusing for this release with all the variants... i've personally held off, hoping for a Japanese release, since that's just more convenient for me (and the way things are going, likely to have it's own package as well).

I asked Xdev on Twitter about it the other day, they confirmed 6th June for Japan and Asia. But, there's no preorders here other than Amazon Japan offering an import copy! No news on JP PS Blog or 4 Gamer or Famitsu etc.

So i tried asking Xdev again if it was a physical release in Japan but they never responded. Play Asia has the Asian version but.. something tells me June 6 is gonna come and go with no sign of physical (or maybe any) Wipeout in Japan.

muteki

So many neat bonuses in Europe, seems like in NA no one knows this game exists.

No special editions that I can find, just preorder themes.

Link_enfant

Looks like France isn't getting the classic sleeve sadly, but I could preorder it on Base for an even inferior price :) Can't wait!

Guys, I need those themes. Someone help a brother out. I'm jonesin'.

If they're unavailable in your region, someone might put put their code for the static ones on eBay after release? As for those unwashed masses outside the US, we have to wait til release for bonuses like the dynamic theme anyway :p Damn you PS Store...

Modoru

If they're unavailable in your region, someone might put put their code for the static ones on eBay after release? As for those unwashed masses outside the US, we have to wait til release for bonuses like the dynamic theme anyway :p Damn you PS Store...
I can pre-order from the PSN store for the Dynamic theme, but these static ones are bundled with the game (which I don't need a second copy of, despite my interest) in the UK(?). If anything, I'd only be willing to pay for the steelbook, at most.

Top Bottom