• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

dracula_x

I was slightly worried about WipEout 2048 tracks, but apparently, with enhanced lighting, they look gorgeous, I would say much better than HD/Fury tracks.

6uajNQn.gif

Vally

Yesss my GAME preorder has been updated and apparently I'm now getting both the steelbook and the classic sleeve :D

Btw, I'm still not sure about the OT title so suggestions are welcome!

It's only a 30fps recording but PlayStation Access have plenty of new WO 2048 track footage in today's video:

https://youtu.be/FMKTsooiiNg

If you're more familiar with the HD/FURY tracks, this is quite different!

Looks ace. I never had a Vita, so these tracks are all new to me.

p.s. I think PS Access videos are the only game previews I enjoy. They're not trying to do a bit or have a weird personality, they're just funny, down-to-earth people that you can tell love games.

Vally

I was slightly worried about WipEout 2048 tracks, but apparently, with enhanced lighting, they look gorgeous, I would say much better than HD/Fury tracks.

6uajNQn.gif

Yeah I'm quite impressed by how the 2048 tracks look with the lighting and motion blur... that gif in particular is so good

Vally

I was thinking

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| We're back in the G.A.M.E.

a reference to both the series being back and to the new G.A.M.E. album that we're making for the occasion. But yeah, I appreciate the suggestions so keep them coming =)

JP

WipEout Omega Collection [OT] It's All καθαρίζω εσωτερικά to Me

+1

Seriously, people. Buy this! I need more WipEout in my life.

Yeah, we should try help promote it.

There is a legend in one of the Thumper threads who bought a couple of people a copy.

GAF did a good job of promoting Yakuza 0 although it still didn't set the sales world alight.

Curufinwe

Good except the 2017/2097 reference will be lost on the XL crowd.

There's a lot we can teach our American friends.

Like it was only called XL in the states because Psygnosis were worried Americans would wonder if they had missed the first 2,096 games in the series.

Curufinwe

Ha ha, that's not true..........., is it?

I read it in Retro Gamer magazine's Making Of Wipeout 2097 feature in early 2016. Andy Satterthwaite who was the producer is the quoted source. There are scans of it online, which I of course can't link to here.

"The directive was just to produce a 'tracks disk' - basically an expansion set to the original. The title was Wipeout 2097 because we didn't want to imply it was a full sequel. It was Wipeout XL in the US because - apologies to all US citizens - someone at Psygnosis [was] determined that the US audience wouldn't understand the idea of 100 years into the future in the title and would question where the previous 2096 games were.

The original proposed title for the US was Wipeout XS - Excess - but I pointed out that this could be interpreted as 'extra small' and wasn't ideal!"

Shin-Ra

The OT should detail the major differences between HD Fury and 2048 like the separated offense/defence pickup pads and wider multi-path tracks.

Unknown?

The OT should detail the major differences between HD Fury and 2048 like the separated offense/defence pickup pads and wider multi-path tracks.
Kinda wish they went back and added the updated pads to HD Fury. Having offense/defense pads is a lot better!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yesss my GAME preorder has been updated and apparently I'm now getting both the steelbook and the classic sleeve :D

Btw, I'm still not sure about the OT title so suggestions are welcome!
I've have seen that, no mention of it on my order or the website.
Only place that does both Steelbook and the Classic sleeve was ShopTo and that sold out before they announced the classic sleeve.

If this one sells well, I really hope Sony consider making an racing game RPG based on the franchise.

I mean, the story and history of the formation of the anti-gravity racing league is so nicely detailed it would be a waste to not let us experience all that in a game.

Wipeout Omega Collection |OT| Another chance to Elimn18 Zico

Wipeout Omega Collection |OT| Once more into the Zone

Wipeout Collection |OT| The Alpha and The Omega

Shaneus

Okay, now that's pretty good lol.

Also, thank you to XDEV for choosing me to get a retro sleeve! Afaik they aren't available in Australia, so I was able to cancel my ozgameshop order and get $43AUD back :D
How did you manage that? I guess I need to tweet them as well!

Edit: Shame, looks like I missed out. If you see them pop up again, can you give me a heads-up?

How did you manage that? I guess I need to tweet them as well!

Edit: Shame, looks like I missed out. If you see them pop up again, can you give me a heads-up?

They mentioned that if they get more in, they'll choose from the pool of retweeters again.

If this one sells well, I really hope Sony consider making an racing game RPG based on the franchise.

I mean, the story and history of the formation of the anti-gravity racing league is so nicely detailed it would be a waste to not let us experience all that in a game.

Oh man, that sounds like my dream game. I really enjoy the backstory of the WipEout series; seems ripe for expanding upon. Especially the squabbles between different teams.

Vally

I've have seen that, no mention of it on my order or the website.
Only place that does both Steelbook and the Classic sleeve was ShopTo and that sold out before they announced the classic sleeve.

I'm talking about GAME Spain, mind you; not sure about other regions but hopefully it will be the same

My order on the site haven't changed either, but they said on Twitter that all previous preorders will include the sleeve too

Top Bottom