• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

Just tried ordering this through GAME's app and apparently I can't spend my credit on pre-orders. Fucking useless. Will probably have to go there on my lunch break to do it in person.

Can't wait.

MzAXWXl.gif

Damn son, that looks amazing for a Vita game. I wonder if they made the textures in much higher quality than the Vita was capable of and then dialled it down for the system, or if this is just outstanding port work by Clever Beans, EPOS and XDEV.

isn´t it time for the OT yet? damn, i am excited to play zone mode again in UHD + spotify

Sorry to sound totally ignorant, but I have never used Spotify (tend to listen to either MP3s on my phone, or albums on Youtube if it's something I don't own) - how do I listen to classic Wipeout soundtracks though Spotify? Does it work through the PS4, or do I do it through my phone? If you guys could educate me I'd be very grateful.

Hackbert

Just tried ordering this through GAME's app and apparently I can't spend my credit on pre-orders. Fucking useless. Will probably have to go there on my lunch break to do it in person.

Damn son, that looks amazing for a Vita game. I wonder if they made the textures in much higher quality than the Vita was capable of and then dialled it down for the system, or if this is just outstanding port work by Clever Beans, EPOS and XDEV.

Sorry to sound totally ignorant, but I have never used Spotify (tend to listen to either MP3s on my phone, or albums on Youtube if it's something I don't own) - how do I listen to classic Wipeout soundtracks though Spotify? Does it work through the PS4, or do I do it through my phone? If you guys could educate me I'd be very grateful.

i am not sure if the classic soundtrack is on spotify, but i guess there is something for everyone. PS4 has a spotify app. You just enter your account and are good to go. the app runs in the background. You can either controll it via the Dualshock or your phones app,

I love it for Driveclub and Trackmania sessions.

juts a quick search in it showed me the omega playlist and the 2097 playlist : https://open.spotify.com/user/konradkostka/playlist/5VkDCEzH1jk6sVSM1viNTn

time to get the old KEF speakers something to work with

Melchiah

I went through a weekend of smashing out the Gold campaign and Arcade Perfect trophies, was a real blast but the Sebenco one was a biittcchhh haha.

Yeah, it seems impossible for me to do a single perfect lap in that track. It's hard to even get a bronze medal there in the later stages of the campaign.

Aghh only just found out about the PS1 style sleeve and I want it so bad! Was gonna hold off for a bit cause I'm a bit skint until the week after next, but it looks so fucking cool.

Would you guys like to collaborate on a Spotify playlist for the game? We could all contribute like 5 tracks each and see what we create. Doesn't have to be from the original games, but can be - just needs to be what you think fits the theme of Wipeout.

TP-DK

Would you guys like to collaborate on a Spotify playlist for the game? We could all contribute like 5 tracks each and see what we create. Doesn't have to be from the original games, but can be - just needs to be what you think fits the theme of Wipeout.

Im pretty sure there already is a topic for that in the Off Topic section :)

Donos

WipEout Omega Collection | NeoGAF Custom Soundtrack: Planning & Production Thread
- there is also a spotify tracklist

Shaneus

Depends whether they meant actually creating tracks or just compiling a playlist. Because I'm pretty sure you can't just compose your own music and upload it to Spotify.

There are already a couple of playlists kicking about, namely this one and this one.

bennibop

Already exists on Spotify, just search for Wipeout. I use it all the time when palying driveclub.

Mupod

had exactly 49.99 (canadian) in my PSN wallet, last year I got double charged for PS+ and they refunded it to the wallet instead of my CC. Just enough to get this, went for it since Old Hunters never goes on sale and I doubt I'll bother with PS+ for a while.

Never been the biggest wipeout guy, to me it was always just something I played because I didn't have an F-Zero to go to. But I've played a few versions on PS2, PSP, and PS3. Definitely feel like a racing game right about now, maybe this will be the one that really grabs me. At any rate it's a series and genre I'd like to support and see continue.

Depends whether they meant actually creating tracks or just compiling a playlist. Because I'm pretty sure you can't just compose your own music and upload it to Spotify.

There are already a couple of playlists kicking about, namely this one and this one.

Interesting thanks.

It looks like the one thread is talking about creating threads, and the other playlists are created by individual users. I can't find a Neogaf Collaborative playlist?

Spy

There's no digital preorder bonus aside from the theme(s), right? I may just go ahead and wait until Friday to pick this game up to take advantage of the spend $100 from June 9-20 deal.

Damn. I would love to see an artbook full of that stuff. Really great.

Yep, there's actually a remarkable amount of world-building going on in the series. Would be a real shame if this is the last we see of it. There's hundreds of bits of awesome, inspiring and varied concept art floating about. Well, the digital preorder comes with a 'digital art book' so we'll see! Shame there isn't a handy site with the entire Pure gallery. Even with it all ~ 480p max, that stuff is lovely. I'd imagine HD versions of it do exist on some artist's HDD somewhere!

If that is you, dear reader, I'd love to see it!

There's no digital preorder bonus aside from the theme(s), right? I may just go ahead and wait until Friday to pick this game up to take advantage of the spend $100 from June 9-20 deal.
My region (Australia) has these as bonuses. Hadn't noticed the avatars before; a welcome surprise!

• A brand-new Van Über ship.
• Digital art book.
• 4 racing team avatars.

yurinka

I got my mail from Game Spain. I had it preordered and now I've been able to make the purchase. I had some credit, so the game (cool edition) has been only 9.80€ for me.

dIAd7mJpu.png

You betcha!

Check out this incredible concept art!

A lot of it has been around for ages and in Pure's gallery but I'm stoked to see HD versions! One of them is even my profile picture in like 10x the detail I previously thought it was in!

EDIT: Flickr doesn't let you hotlinks :mad:
Awesome art. I'd love to get a huge artbook with almost all Wipeout series artwork.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Came to ask this myself. Eyeing both this and Injustice 2 for the promo, but don't want to miss any digital preorder incentives.

Spy

Came to ask this myself. Eyeing both this and Injustice 2 for the promo, but don't want to miss any digital preorder incentives.
From the little research I've done, it appears the Van Uber ship is a EU preorder bonus but there's no information about it being locked behind preorders for the US.

dracula_x

You betcha!

Check out this incredible concept art!

A lot of it has been around for ages and in Pure's gallery but I'm stoked to see HD versions! One of them is even my profile picture in like 10x the detail I previously thought it was in!

EDIT: Flickr doesn't let you hotlinks :mad:

“We played around with the idea of an interactive comic called Wipeout Chronicles, which would shed some light on the backstory of WipEout’s founder.”

34197214593_1c9fec624b_c.jpg

JamboGT

"A ball bounces; A pin drops; A man falls. Gravity is the glue which binds us to our planet. We are about to apply the solvent which will free our species forever."
– Pierre Belmondo, 2035

WipEout lore rocks.

Shin-Ra

How do the 2048 tracks look?
2048 tracks/roads are wider with more detail spent on the busy city backgrounds. There's fine micro-detail on the road surface but you'll appreciate that more before the race starts!

HD/Fury tracks have chunkier contrastier detail on the track itself which is more appreciable at speed but the surrounding environment's more enclosed with fewer layers.

spectator

Being the Friday before release week, am I correct in anticipating that (all things functioning properly) the pre-load should be going up on PSN tonight?

Where can I buy the WipEout Omega Collection Steelbook Edition that ships to the U.S.? Shopto is sold out.

Amazon.co.uk says they won't ship, but if you add it to your cart and check out it works fine for some reason. I decided to stick with my ShopTo order instead because it also has the sleeve, so I don't know if Amazon would've honored the order in the end (though apparently some CSR said the regional restriction was a mistake).

The nice thing about Amazon is you can pre-order JUST the steelbook, without the game. You can buy the bundle as well if for some reason you also want the UK physical version of the game.

dracula_x

The Guardian: "Return of Wipeout and Tekken takes us back to the heady world of 90s Friday night gaming" → https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/02/wipeout-tekken-return-90s-gaming

Wipeout and Tekken helped invent – or at least popularise – the concept of post-pub gaming; the idea that groups of young adults could go back to their shared hovels after a night out and blast away until dawn. It was a lived experience back then; it felt as all-encompassing to me as Britpop did to others. You played games, listened to the Chemical Brothers, went to festivals where video DJs mixed game visuals and soundtracks, and you saw it all reflected in movies and TV.

Top Bottom